GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Borla or Corsa?

Search this Thread

Old 1/15/07, 04:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
It sounds silly until you realize that anyone that has bought mufflers have spent money only on how the car sounds...... no performance gain at all. So, to spend it to not only change the sound but gain performance makes more sense, don't ya think?
Old 1/15/07, 04:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tom281
It sounds silly until you realize that anyone that has bought mufflers have spent money only on how the car sounds...... no performance gain at all. So, to spend it to not only change the sound but gain performance makes more sense, don't ya think?
I paid $419 for my FRPP stingers. I don't want to spend much than that on exhaust.

Ninosport is suppost to have two pipes coming out for around $100 bucks for both that lets you replace just the cats and keep the stock H portion. It's supposed to make it simple if you want to put the cats back on again. It's designed for people who need to move back and forth between on-road and off-road. Does anyone remember seeing that thread about a month ago?
Old 1/15/07, 04:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by neil07gt
I paid $419 for my FRPP stingers. I don't want to spend much than that on exhaust.

Ninosport is suppost to have two pipes coming out for around $100 bucks for both that lets you replace just the cats and keep the stock H portion. It's supposed to make it simple if you want to put the cats back on again. It's designed for people who need to move back and forth between on-road and off-road. Does anyone remember seeing that thread about a month ago?
Don't get me wrong, I dig what you're saying about spending the cash. If you're patient, you can find deals in Ebay- I bought the Bassani X with both cats and race pipes for $275 delivered; it has been used for around 5000 miles and looked like brand new.

I remember the thread about the Nino product.......that's a good price but if I remember right you have to cut your factory H- maybe not a big deal to most people. As far as being easy to swap cats, it depends on how they set it up. If it's setup like my Bassani or the SLP midpipe, it's not as easy as you think.
Old 1/15/07, 04:39 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm looking at the Bassani x-pipe for $330 that bolts directly into the cats. Will this increase the loudness from my exhaust noticeably?
Old 1/15/07, 04:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Agleon
I'm looking at the Bassani x-pipe for $330 that bolts directly into the cats. Will this increase the loudness from my exhaust noticeably?
If you're not going to replace the factory cats, your overall volume will remain unchanged.
Old 1/15/07, 04:45 PM
GT Member

So if I'm looking to make my car louder w/o removing the cats or switching the cats, it's basically pointless?

http://www.steeda.com/products/magnaflow_xpipe_cats.php

Like that would be worth it?
Old 1/15/07, 05:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Love the Corsas

I absolutely love my Corsa's. I knew as soon as I purchased the car that that was the exhaust I wanted, and have enjoyed them ever since (October 05).

Yes, they are more expensive than the other brands. But, having had a Sequoia with Bassani's that resonated worse than an airplane, I was skeptical to try any exhaust. but, corsa reassured me when I called them that there was no drone, and they are absolutely right. (Don't get me wrong...the bassani's made that truck sound awesome; but, it sounded droned terribly right at highway speed, which = no good for me)

The corsa's are unbelieveable. At cruising or low-normal acceleration, they are quiet, even a little quieter than stock at cruising. But, get on the gas, and the noise is just incredible.

No complaints here. The extra money is well worth it IMO. I have probably saved more money by not buying Tylenol for my headache that I would may have had with another exhaust system. Plus, those 4" tips are just awesome.
Old 1/15/07, 05:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

So if I'm looking to make my car louder w/o removing the cats or switching the cats, it's basically pointless?

http://www.steeda.com/products/magnaflow_xpipe_cats.php

Like that would be worth it?

Swapping to hiflow cats will increase the volume noticeably in most cases, just not dramatically like an offroad pipe will. If you have the Steeda (Borla) mufflers now and want something louder, you can either replace the factory catted H with a hiflow catted X or H, or change mufflers to something like SLP loudmouths and keep your factory H. Going to hiflow cats has the advantage of additional power too instead of just sound.
Old 1/15/07, 05:59 PM
GT Member

So going with that magna would do the trick?

Much <3 to you tom
Old 1/16/07, 05:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

So going with that magna would do the trick?

Much <3 to you tom

The Magnaflow is a great piece. Search around in my Borla vs Corsa thread- there is a vid of the Magnaflow X with Borlas posted by Gary (gpstang06)? I think is his user name. Gary's a cool guy you can pm him for more details on the Magnaflow pipe.
Old 2/10/07, 06:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I've had the Stingers on for several weeks. The weather has been pretty bad lately so I haven't had the car out much. I put about 50 miles on the Stang today and for whatever reason the drone seems to be getting worse , when I reported earily that I thought it was getting better. It was unbearable today, maybe because of the temperature(10 degrees). I can't figure these things out. I do know that I could not stand the sound I heard today very long. 1800-2000 rpms... WOW ! I may be going back to the Flowmasters .
Old 2/10/07, 07:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
I've had the Stingers on for several weeks. The weather has been pretty bad lately so I haven't had the car out much. I put about 50 miles on the Stang today and for whatever reason the drone seems to be getting worse , when I reported earily that I thought it was getting better. It was unbearable today, maybe because of the temperature(10 degrees). I can't figure these things out. I do know that I could not stand the sound I heard today very long. 1800-2000 rpms... WOW ! I may be going back to the Flowmasters .
Hang in there for about another 1500 to 2000 miles, mine smothed out real nice, still some drone but not as bad as when I first got them. At first you could not hear yourself think and it rattled the back teeth. Now I like them
Old 2/10/07, 07:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Dougxox
Hang in there for about another 1500 to 2000 miles, mine smothed out real nice, still some drone but not as bad as when I first got them. At first you could not hear yourself think and it rattled the back teeth. Now I like them
Thanks Doug... Yeah, I'll wait a little while longer...