GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Borla or Corsa?

Search this Thread

Old 7/31/06, 01:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who's now got the best price on Borla/FRPP? I see they've gone up to $440 at jb ford, and others.....
Old 8/2/06, 12:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Borla's for sale.

I don't know but I have a set of Borla cat backs for 450.00 (and the muflers were even polished) + shipping (whatever that might be, I would have to see how much it weighs...I still have the original box they came in. More drone than my wife can handle so she doesn't like to ride in the car anymore....mmmmmm...
Old 8/2/06, 02:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BLT2RUN
Ordered Corsa today. After seeing and hearing them in person during the Telegraph Cruise yesterday, I was sold on them. I was looking for a great sounding exhaust that is quiet (i.e. no drone or interior resonance when you don't want it). I think I will be extremely pleased with my decision.

Anyone interested in buying a set of MRT exhaust tips? If so, send me a PM...
So is that a pic of the Corsas or the MRT tips? Got any pics of the Corsas from the back?
Old 8/2/06, 08:59 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Rash
So is that a pic of the Corsas or the MRT tips? Got any pics of the Corsas from the back?
I just had my Corsas installed yesterday on my 07 GT/CS. I'll have pics up here by the weekend. They sound great, no drone, and meet all expectataions!!!
Old 8/3/06, 05:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rash
Those are the MRT tips. I will not have the Corsa's for several more days. I'll post pics when I get them and install.
Old 8/6/06, 11:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Wow, the Corsa system is perfect for the Mustang GT. It's exactly what everyone here has been saying. Nice low rumble at idle, a little louder than stock. It really wakes up when you step on it though. There is zero drone and very low interior resonance. The quality of the system is top notch and the tips look great. I've also noticed a much smoother power delivery and the car seems to pull a little harder througout the entire power band. Maybe the claims of HP gains are accurate? There is a noticeable difference I can feel. I won't know for sure until I get dynoed again.
Attached Thumbnails Borla or Corsa?-corsa-2-large-.jpg   Borla or Corsa?-corsa-1-large-.jpg  
Old 8/6/06, 02:53 PM
V6 Member

Here's my Corsa's I just had installed on my 07 GT/CS. Quite the sound!!!
Attached Thumbnails Borla or Corsa?-small-corsa-rear-shot_edited-1.jpg   Borla or Corsa?-corsa-tip-shot-1_edited-1.jpg   Borla or Corsa?-corsa-tip-shot_edited-1.jpg  
Old 8/6/06, 08:41 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just curious.... best price on Corsas?
Old 8/6/06, 09:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't know...I just got out of my buddies 06 with Corsa's and it was so much like the stock mufflers that I just can't see paying that kind of money for very little sound gain. I am sure they are probably putting out a few more ponies but is it worth that price? Borla's sound real good from the start of the car to down the road at wot.... They do drone at around 1800 rpm's but that can be handled with a little downshifting or getting out of that range. The Borla's sound MUCH better just crusing through a parking lot or the local car cruise night where as the corsa's won't turn any heads to see who just came in. Corsa's do pick up some sound when pouncing on it but so do the stocks, maybe not quite as much, but again,,,,Money. If the cost of the corsa, especially an Axle back (borla is cat back), were more in line to what they should be (about 350.00), than it might be worth it. Hope this gives at least a good explanation of both. (Borla's also look better, especially if you buff the cans.)
1. sound (loud rumble)----borla's, (corsa/stock)
2. looks-----Borla, corsa, stock
3. drone-----borla--only downside.
4. Smiles (you)----borla, corsa, stock
5. Smiles (others) borla, (corsa/stock)

Vote::: Borla 8, Corsa 6, stock 5.

If you don't like any drone, stay with stock until prices come down to reality/sensability. If you can handle a little drone, there is just no doubt it would be Borla's.
Old 8/6/06, 09:12 PM

i have Corsas and i love them. I especially didn't want any drone because i have a vert. they have a great sound.
Old 8/7/06, 05:39 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Burke0011
Got mine off of Ebay which was the best price around. They were $585 with free shipping.
Old 8/7/06, 06:06 AM
GT Member

FWIW, I found Corsas on dagostinoracing.com for $600. They also have B&B for $895, which is crazy expensive for an axle-back, IMO. B&B also claim to have no drone . . . can anyone confirm this?
Old 8/7/06, 09:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Make a best offer on eBay. They accepted mine for $550 (free shipping).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Corsa...QQcmdZViewItem

I also got an additional $25 credit for a small blemish. So my final price ended up being $525.
Old 8/7/06, 11:27 AM
Big Falken Tires

Thanks for the info!
Just playing around with the idea of new axlebacks.... and something with a straight through design (due to the SC) as opposed to a chambered design..... I don't need LOUD at idle or cruise as I don't like to advertise.
(which is why I am loveing having a stock hood again - just looks like a normal stock GT..... )

Plus (due to the SC?), this thing burbles enough with the stock axlebacks in low gear rolling to a stop anyway.......
Old 8/7/06, 12:50 PM

I just switched back to Magnaflows (which are chambered I believe) to quiet the thing down a bit. I like them a lot better now than the Bassanis I had on there. And it seems to me that a straight through design would be louder and may invite those nasty trumpets (depending on what the rest of your exhaust components are).
Old 8/7/06, 09:14 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks for the info!
Just playing around with the idea of new axlebacks.... and something with a straight through design (due to the SC) as opposed to a chambered design..... I don't need LOUD at idle or cruise as I don't like to advertise.
(which is why I am loveing having a stock hood again - just looks like a normal stock GT..... )

Plus (due to the SC?), this thing burbles enough with the stock axlebacks in low gear rolling to a stop anyway.......
Check out the 50-state legal FRPP's. We put them on my wife's car before I got the 49-staters, and she complains that they are too quiet; only slightly louder than stock.
Old 8/7/06, 09:21 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by PACETTR
Check out the 50-state legal FRPP's. We put them on my wife's car before I got the 49-staters, and she complains that they are too quiet; only slightly louder than stock.
These are the ones that are NOT their version of the Borla Stingers?......

And thanks for the info Don - rest of exhaust is stock and will stay that way - for a WHILE. (unless I rob a bank...) I had considered the Magnaflows briefly....
Old 8/8/06, 09:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by don_w
I just switched back to Magnaflows (which are chambered I believe) to quiet the thing down a bit. I like them a lot better now than the Bassanis I had on there. And it seems to me that a straight through design would be louder and may invite those nasty trumpets (depending on what the rest of your exhaust components are).

The Corsa is a straight through design with RSC. It's not extremely loud and there is no drone or trumpeting.

http://www.corsaperformance.com/arsctech2.htm

Old 8/8/06, 10:18 AM

Magnaflows are a straight through design. slightl]ly louder than stock no drone and very low interior resonance if any. I just installed a set on my wife V-6 Vert. I am debating on them or the ford M-5230-gta
Old 8/8/06, 03:04 PM
Cobra Member

I really don't like how the round Corsa cans hang down so low where you can see them from behind the car at a distance. The muffler shape doesn't bother me if you can't see it, but those really hand down. I also don't like that the tip is so short, from certain angles you can see the back side of the tip where it tapers down to a smaller diameter. Little stuff like that bugs me, it was enough to make me decide not to get the Corsas.

Quick Reply: Borla or Corsa?