Old 8/8/06, 06:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 783 Likes on 572 Posts
never mind
Old 8/8/06, 06:21 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tres Wright
I really don't like how the round Corsa cans hang down so low where you can see them from behind the car at a distance. The muffler shape doesn't bother me if you can't see it, but those really hand down. I also don't like that the tip is so short, from certain angles you can see the back side of the tip where it tapers down to a smaller diameter. Little stuff like that bugs me, it was enough to make me decide not to get the Corsas.
Couldnt you just paint the muffler black?
Old 8/8/06, 07:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by korinwoodo
I was wondering this myself.
Old 8/9/06, 11:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Look what showed up at work today. Darn it, I can't install them yet 'cause my covers are off.............
Attached Thumbnails Borla or Corsa?-image_00014.jpg  
Old 8/16/06, 08:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nole_trainer
Look what showed up at work today. Darn it, I can't install them yet 'cause my covers are off.............
Aah, the good old 11750's! Fine choice my friend. Once you get your covers back on, and install these things, you won't regret the decision. When I am out in my car, and I see an overpass coming up, I always slow down a little, and downshift so I can hear that incredible sound resonating off the concrete. I love mine, they're music to my ears, thanks Borla!
Old 8/16/06, 08:48 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by korinwoodo
You can, and that certainly would help. Make sure to use high temp paint if you do this. I'm still going with the Borlas myself, but certainly there are many happy Corsa owners out there too
Old 8/20/06, 04:00 PM
GTR Member

My FRPP's have drone but not enuff that it kills me or anything.They sound mean and I love em
Old 8/26/06, 06:11 PM
GT Member

What is Drone?

Note: I'm New.
Old 8/26/06, 11:31 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Agleon
What is Drone?

Note: I'm New.
You know how when you sing in the shower there is that one note you can hit that makes the walls hum? That's what drone is like. You pretty much feel it more than hear it, it doesn't have anything to do with how loud the mufflers are. It drives some people crazy and doesn't bother others at all. Corsas are reported to have no drone at all, that's a big selling point for those. Apparently Borlas have some drone, but from what I've read it doesn't sound like it's too serious.
Old 8/27/06, 01:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Corsa....
Old 8/31/06, 04:00 PM
eci
Banned

Does Dynamating the trunk really elimnate the drone, because that's a simple mod.
Old 8/31/06, 04:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

The borla/frpps sound incredible. I gotta get them soon. My buddy with an 06 charger keeps telling me not to do it. He thinks its too loud and "boyracer". But how can you not love that sound!
Old 9/1/06, 04:05 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by eci
11750 is in stock locally. Two questions:

Does Dynamating the trunk really elimnate the drone, because that's a simple mod.

Anyone bolted these to an 07' yet? They fit?
No, the dynamatting doesn't address drone. Drone is not sound, it's more like resonance.

Supposedly the 07 exhaust is the same as 05/ 06. I'll know soon enough as I have some FRPP Stingers ordered
Old 9/3/06, 07:29 AM
Cobra Member

I installed my FRPP Stingers on Friday night and have driven almost 200 Miles since that at all different speeds both highway and in town, and I have not experienced any 'drone' with them. My girlfriend and I both find them to actually be a little quieter in cabin at highway cruising speed than the stock mufflers. So yes, while you're WOT they are loud and sound great, and normal driving speeds and throttle, you'll hardly notice a change in the cabin volume of the mufflers.

-danny
Old 9/4/06, 05:09 PM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by pegasusphototx
I installed my FRPP Stingers on Friday night and have driven almost 200 Miles since that at all different speeds both highway and in town, and I have not experienced any 'drone' with them. My girlfriend and I both find them to actually be a little quieter in cabin at highway cruising speed than the stock mufflers. So yes, while you're WOT they are loud and sound great, and normal driving speeds and throttle, you'll hardly notice a change in the cabin volume of the mufflers.

-danny
Are you sure you got the 49 state ones and not the 50 state ones like on the Hertz?
Old 9/5/06, 01:11 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by eci
Are you sure you got the 49 state ones and not the 50 state ones like on the Hertz?
I purchased: M-5230-5GT (Loud)
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=7707

So yep, I'm sure... and in the cabin, I don't see them being that loud compared to the stock exhaust.

-danny
Old 9/5/06, 03:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by pegasusphototx
I purchased: M-5230-5GT (Loud)
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=7707

So yep, I'm sure... and in the cabin, I don't see them being that loud compared to the stock exhaust.

-danny
You know, I'm gonna agree with you. I just got mine install, and they sound nice. Not too loud. From reading on TMS about the "drone", I was expecting a lot louder......
Old 9/5/06, 10:12 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by nole_trainer
You know, I'm gonna agree with you. I just got mine install, and they sound nice. Not too loud. From reading on TMS about the "drone", I was expecting a lot louder......
Cool! Glad to hear these reports, I've got a pair of the Stingers on the way for my 07. Most people seem to love them, I think i've only seen two people gripe about the drone level. They may have been more sensitive to it than most. Personally I wouldn't care, some of the musclecars I loved the most had tons of drone. But I was more concerned about what passengers might think. What am I saying, to heck with the passengers!
Old 9/5/06, 11:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

i stopped by John Bleakely Ford at lunch and picked up some FRPP stingers (M52305GT) for $395+tax. By the time I finally got home this evening and installed them it was already after 10pm. I didn't do any reving because our neighbors go to bed insanely too early. So for now I only got a chance to let it idle for a bit. I already enjoy the deeper sound.

Did anyone else have trouble tightening the clamps? For some reason I am paranoid about the things working loose at the clamps. I'll take a wrench with me and check the clamps again tomorrow afternoon.

I was surprised how heavy the stock muffler were. They probably weigh twice as much as the FRPP stingers. The only thing i don't like so much is the rolled tips. but it'll grow on me.
Old 9/6/06, 07:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Day 1 of FRPP/Borla stingers...I'm not gonna lie or sugar-coat it. They are *LOUD* as hell. Lots of drone from 1600-2000 rpm. It's hard to avoid that range in stop and go traffic, or when driving through residential areas. The only time it doesn't seem so loud is when i'm on the highway cruising at highway speed.

Quick Reply: Borla or Corsa?