GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

best line lock kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12/16/08, 05:23 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great thread, i myself will be looking for a line lock set soon. i cant wait!
Old 12/16/08, 06:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by DarkFireGT
It's not at all. It's very straight forward, actually. It took me about 3 hours, including brake bleeding and stopping to write down steps and take pictures. And I've never done anything like line locks before, so time wise, it's about the same.

What a PITA.

LOL...Pita?

The install actually took less..deciding where to put the ON/OFF switch is what took me the longest (about 30 min). The bleeding took about 10 min with with the help of my son.

Mounting the selenoid didn't seem that difficult to me, but then again I did use one of those mini drills...they are about half the size of a regular drill...he he

Old 12/16/08, 06:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Here's my reasoning for going with a single solenoid setup....

I figure if I have one solenoid controlling both front brakes if the solenoid were to fail both brakes would release or not hold. As where if you had two and only one failed you'd run the risk of the car pulling to one side and driving it into a wall. Flawed thinking or not that's my reasoning.

+1

I think you are right on!

That is the same reason I went with the single selenoid...It does seem safer in case it fails.

Old 12/17/08, 12:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CooBra07
LOL...Pita?

The install actually took less..deciding where to put the ON/OFF switch is what took me the longest (about 30 min). The bleeding took about 10 min with with the help of my son.

Mounting the selenoid didn't seem that difficult to me, but then again I did use one of those mini drills...they are about half the size of a regular drill...he he

Yeah, running the switch wiring and figuring out where to put the switch probably is the most time consuming. The metal part I'm talking about drilling through is on the front and side of the strut tower. It's about three sheets thick. Without a good bit, it's pretty hard to get through. I broke two regular Craftsman bits on it.