GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Anyone like aluminum driveshafts?

Search this Thread

Old 2/4/07, 07:44 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LordBritish
I have an automatic.

If I buy this driveshaft and I get vibratioon, can I return it for a full refund?
Any product that you have issues with from us can be returned for a refund. Let me install this thing on an auto, and get a review from someone before you purchase. I'd love to sell you one, but I want to work out any kinks before we have 3 more pages of warnings!

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 2/4/07, 11:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tillman- sounds like you're doing the right thing, now everyone who wants to rip on him for false advertising or misrepresenting the product, or whatever, just give him a chance to figure out the problem (or even if there is one) first.

I congratulate you on being proactive and taking the initiative to figure it out before you go sell it. Once you learned there might be an issue, you quickly said that you would call whoever you needed to, and that you recommended everyone with any questions just hold off on their order. It would be very easy, as many have done before, for a vendor to simply say "it will work for you" and sell you the product anyway just to move more merchandise.

Any jerk can sell a piece of crap product if you show it in the right light and call it great, it takes a stand up guy to NOT sell something because he knows it isn't right.
Old 2/4/07, 11:32 PM
Former Vendor

Thanks! I want to get it straightened out for those who want the modification, but are hesitant. Whether they were buying this, the Powerhouse, or whatever. I'm not just doing it to make a quick sale.

This blew up a little differently than I saw. Atleast now we know that a Saleen shifter is a no, and that apparently is the same for all 4" driveshafts.

The vibration I'm not so sure is an issue, but I want to be sure. I will speak with them today (Monday) and handle it once and for all!

Thank you for those who were understanding. It's not that I didn't research or didn't know what I'm talking about. This isn't our first driveshaft! Just the first one to have an issue with a Saleen Shifter.

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 2/5/07, 06:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
Who's saying that we haven't tested aluminum driveshafts on S197's before? Have we run into one with a saleen shifter? No. Is that why I wasn't sure and wanted to confirm with Coast Driveline? Yes.

We've sold 100's of aluminum driveshafts over the years. We're not a new vendor. Maybe to TMS... Not every single new product has to go on a shop car. There are certain products we do, and certain ones we dont.

I'm not saying I got the "biggest and best deal" on this part. I'm saying here's the part if you're interested in purchasing it.

Come down to the shop, WE DO HAVE THEM IN STOCK. Along with JLT intakes, XCal2's, C&L's, a few BMR suspension items, 3.73;s, 4.10's, autometer gauges, etc etc. Check our website out and go to about us, theres a few pictures of the shop. Not enough to get and idea of what we have.

Also, it's not prime weather in Philadelphia to have track data available a mere 48 hours after the part gets to our shop.

I think this one has gone a little too far? Why blast the vendor for lack of information from the manufacturer?

This is ONE FITMENT ISSUE WITH ONE PARTICULAR SHIFTER. Along with a POSSIBLE issue with vibration and 2 different people posted ways that the POSSIBLE issue is solved.

I'm sorry if there was a misunderstanding where it seems like I'm giving information that doesn't exist. All I'm saying is here's the part, the questions about it that I know I'll answer, and anything I'm not 100% about (all along) I've said I'll contact Coast on Monday.

Thanks
CR
Tillman Speed

-Have you installed THESE shafts on S197s? Your statements above imply that you have, but then you reference only receiving the shafts last week. So have you or haven't you?

-Why blast the vendor for lack of information from the manufacturer? Easy- BECAUSE YOU"RE THE ONE TRYING TO SELL THE PART. Now go back to my post though- I wasn't trying to bash you and I don't feel that I did. But for you to come on here and make bold, but generic statements about how it will work with basically any setup, any shifter, is perhaps not the right thing to do. I understand that you've offered to go back to the manufacturer and get more information; all I'm suggesting is that you do that before you try to make the sales.

There's other points that could be made too but to keep this thread on track, I'll stop here. Good luck with the sale, hopefully your manufacturer can give you the answers you need for this product.
Old 2/13/07, 06:56 PM
GT Member

It's here

UPS dropped the badly mangled tube off today. I'm glad it was a sold chunk of metal and not a piece of fine china they delivered... I wonder what they do to packages sometimes. The tube was 1/4 the way inravelled. Anyway... no time or need to install it right away... big snow storm on the way tonight so the 'stang is put up for a while I guess. Amazing how weak a 4.0 Ranger feels now.
Old 2/13/07, 07:15 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I skimmed through all of these pages but let me double chech. This a direct replacement over the stock driveshaft correct, no other parts needed. All I will need to do is adjust the pinion angle. Also, how much should I look at for a shop to install this. Thank's
Old 2/13/07, 07:26 PM
V6 Member

Heh Yea i would of jumped on this band wagon for the group buy, but im so broke right now from other mods heh tax returns are never enough it seems
Old 2/13/07, 09:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
jason,
i'll send your link to some people that were requesting a driveshaft from me. since it's one of mine and it's brand new i should be able to find someone to buy it from you. i'm just wondering where does the saleen shifter thing contact the driveshaft? the ranger shafts are roughly 3.5" for the first 8-10" until after the slip yoke then the rest is all 4". man if you were close by i'd stick it in to try it for you just to feed my curiosity.
Old 2/14/07, 07:41 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2005sonicBOOST
I skimmed through all of these pages but let me double chech. This a direct replacement over the stock driveshaft correct, no other parts needed. All I will need to do is adjust the pinion angle. Also, how much should I look at for a shop to install this. Thank's
Old 2/14/07, 08:35 AM
Former Vendor

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=60144

This thread will tell you everything you need to no.

Close this one, as it's outdated!
Old 2/15/07, 04:25 PM
GT Member

TROOPER,
Interesting comments about UPS. Here is my experience with them.
I refuse to have anything shipped by them. I would pay more to have itdelivered US Mail. I built a cedar chest for my niece. Pack to their specs. Insured it, marked the correct side up. When it was delivered, it was obvious that they threw it upside down off the truck. It was shattered. They refused to honor their agreement or the insurance. Later, I spoke to an ex-employee of UPS. This person told me that in there loading areas, there is absolutely no respect for the items they are shipping. They are frequently thrown around and kicked around. Use them at your own risk.
Old 2/15/07, 05:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Hey at least it wasnt in this FedEx Truck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_ijscfdMLo
Old 2/19/07, 03:51 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Stoenr
Hey at least it wasnt in this FedEx Truck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_ijscfdMLo
I have family members that drive for Fed-Ex... I trust them more than UPS.... nothing I've ever recieved via Fed-Ex came damaged. UPS guy is lucky I'm not taking delivery of my Bushy M4 and Eotech till next week.