GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Another Bamachips Order

Search this Thread

Old 4/23/06, 01:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You will definately burn a lot of gas after the install. I drove around more after the install than the day I picked up the car.

I have a manual transmission, so I didn't notice much, if any, change in throttle response. The rpm's definately get up there quicker with the torque tune, though.
Old 4/24/06, 06:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Where can I order the JLT and Bamachips tune combo? I skimmed through the site and didnt see the JLT and tune combo.....
Old 4/24/06, 07:33 AM

Sounds great! Can you give me any advice on installing the kit and uploading the tunes? Sounds like it should be an easy install, but I've never used an X2 or anything like it. Did you just fill up with the 93 octane when you were close to empty. Should I just fill up with the 93 octane a few times while I'm waiting for the kit to arrive so I can upload the tunes right when I get it? Also, should I just go straight to the 93 torque tune or start off with the 87 performance? Thanks so much for anyone's help.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverBossGT @ April 23, 2006, 1:40 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You will definately burn a lot of gas after the install. I drove around more after the install than the day I picked up the car.

I have a manual transmission, so I didn't notice much, if any, change in throttle response. The rpm's definately get up there quicker with the torque tune, though.
[/b][/quote]

It's on the website. You must have overlooked it. Select cold air kits and there's a list of options you can choose from.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blk'05 @ April 24, 2006, 6:46 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Where can I order the JLT and Bamachips tune combo? I skimmed through the site and didnt see the JLT and tune combo.....
[/b][/quote]
Old 4/24/06, 12:54 PM
CME
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blk'05 @ April 24, 2006, 7:46 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Click on the pic of the Mustang that says "Ford Cars". then "Mustangs 05-07", then "V8". It's in the bottom middle. At least that's how I found it.
Old 4/24/06, 01:34 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blk'05 @ April 24, 2006, 8:46 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

http://bamachips.com/store/index.php?main_...fbf84a41fa4c293
Old 4/24/06, 06:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kybosh27 @ April 24, 2006, 8:36 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Sounds great! Can you give me any advice on installing the kit and uploading the tunes? Sounds like it should be an easy install, but I've never used an X2 or anything like it. Did you just fill up with the 93 octane when you were close to empty. Should I just fill up with the 93 octane a few times while I'm waiting for the kit to arrive so I can upload the tunes right when I get it? Also, should I just go straight to the 93 torque tune or start off with the 87 performance? Thanks so much for anyone's help.
[/b][/quote]

I have run 93 octane since my first fill up. Go ahead and get it down to near empty and fill up with 93. Start off with the 93 torque. You will not regret it!

Very simple install. I made a mistake of not putting the CAI intake tube all the way into the rubber elbow, and my filter was too far over toward the fender/wheel well. The end of the filter is hard plastic, and it rubbed a small spot of paint off the hood and wheel well. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] I was excited to get it installed and didn't pay much attention to clearances. Maybe that will save you some headache. At least I have some touch up paint.
Old 4/25/06, 12:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bingo @ April 25, 2006, 5:37 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
http://bamachips.com/store/index.php?main_...fbf84a41fa4c293
[/b][/quote]

Ahh....thanks, I did overlook that.

Now what is a 4 digit calibration code? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
Sorry, Im new to the whole tuning thing..
Old 4/25/06, 04:37 AM
Cobra Member

How much is that setup?
Old 4/25/06, 04:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blk'05 @ April 25, 2006, 1:58 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Now what is a 4 digit calibration code? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
Sorry, Im new to the whole tuning thing..
[/b][/quote]

Look under the hood beside the fuse box. You will see a silver metal piece of equipment. There should be a white sticker with the four digit calibration code either on the side or top.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mustangfreak @ April 25, 2006, 5:40 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
How much is that setup?
[/b][/quote]

Just click on the link above and you will find a price. It is worth every single cent. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/25/06, 06:32 AM
GT Member

Rumor?!?
The Evolution tune is making LOTS more power than Brenspeed or Doug's tune. Evidently he tunes the cam timing as well.

I think I saw this info on Stangsunleashed. ????
Old 4/25/06, 06:56 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BillR @ April 25, 2006, 8:35 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Rumor?!?
The Evolution tune is making LOTS more power than Brenspeed or Doug's tune. Evidently he tunes the cam timing as well.

[/b][/quote]

Got a link to this tuning place or where you saw it?
Old 4/25/06, 09:25 AM
Cobra Member

I finally bought a SCT from Doug. I already had an AEM intake installed. Imeadiately after putting the tune in and starting the car, I noticed the rpm did not shoot as far up as it did without the tune, was starting to get me nervous because it did not do this with the stock intake.

Next I put it in "R" and pressed the gas like I normally would to back out...The tires chirped and I had to imediately stomp the brakes. I then took it out on the road and almost rear-ended the car in front of me when the light turned green. There is absolutely no throttle delay anymore.

I'm still learning to be easy on the gas now, before Dougs tune it felt kinda mushy and you could give it generous throttle before it would kick in, now it feels direct, like a stick shift. Also have to go way easier around corners, like turning right from a stop. Too easy to break traction. I generally run the traction control off, but until I get used to this, I'm leaving it on.

The shifts are much more direct feeling.

Throttle/transmission lag is completely gone.

This is the best, if not the one "must do" mod for automatic equipped GT's.

I highly recommend Doug at Bamachips.com, great customer service and tunes!

My only regret, I did not get it sooner.
Old 4/25/06, 01:08 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverBossGT @ April 24, 2006, 6:22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I have run 93 octane since my first fill up. Go ahead and get it down to near empty and fill up with 93. Start off with the 93 torque. You will not regret it!

Very simple install. I made a mistake of not putting the CAI intake tube all the way into the rubber elbow, and my filter was too far over toward the fender/wheel well. The end of the filter is hard plastic, and it rubbed a small spot of paint off the hood and wheel well. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] I was excited to get it installed and didn't pay much attention to clearances. Maybe that will save you some headache. At least I have some touch up paint.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks so much for your help. Looks like the package is in Ohio on it's way to Michigan for a delivery tomorrow. Shouldn't be too hard to install. As far as the tuning goes, do I just hook it up to the computer, turn it on and upload the tunes with the keys turned in the ignitiion? I'm sure there will be instructions. Thanks again for your advice on the install!
Old 4/25/06, 03:10 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bingo @ April 25, 2006, 8:59 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Got a link to this tuning place or where you saw it?
[/b][/quote]

To answer my question...

http://www.evoperform.com/

Site isn't up, but this is pretty interesting....their shop is only about an hour from my house.....Seems more appealing, now, than BamaChips.
Old 4/26/06, 10:24 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BillR @ April 25, 2006, 7:35 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Rumor?!?

[/b][/quote]

heres a link to a thread at mustang forums with replies from fred at evolution and brent at brenspeed.

Evolution Vs Brenspeed
Old 4/26/06, 11:28 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SOLDSHORT @ April 26, 2006, 11:27 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
heres a link to a thread at mustang forums with replies from fred at evolution and brent at brenspeed.

Evolution Vs Brenspeed
[/b][/quote]

I was wondering when this info was going to reach this forum ... i was half tempted to finally put something up on a thread today. That link says nothing about bamachips' tune ... and i would absolutely like to find out which is better. I would have bought the evo tune (to try it), but since he wants 150 bucks for them ... i'm not exactly all about it. Hopefully, someone can give some insight on this info in the near future.
Old 4/26/06, 01:10 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BillR @ April 25, 2006, 7:35 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Rumor?!?

[/b][/quote]

One last thing i would like to note is that even though Fred stated that he does VCT changes on the tune, Brent didn't say that he didn't do it (nor did he say he did). I also noticed that fred did say other canned tunes don't mess with VCT, but we also don't know if Brent or Doug does or doesn't. It's all speculation until the sources say for themselves. I would really like more info on this, and may be if i don't hear anything on this i will take this ... i will restart it with a different title since most people have read multiple threads on how Doug's tunes are great (and i don't have any reason to think that they aren't, since i am too a user of his tunes). Or i may start it in other forums as well, cause a test of all canned tunes would be awesome. We did have that guy that tried the SCT vs. Brenspeed vs. Evo(huge on mustangforums) ... but, got no info on Ken at Modular Depot, nor Doug's (which is huge on this forum). I may just sooner or later go ahead and throw the 150 bucks at it, cause i think it will drive me nuts until i find out the answer [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 4/26/06, 02:05 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Patience?!? @ April 26, 2006, 1:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
One last thing i would like to note is that even though Fred stated that he does VCT changes on the tune, Brent didn't say that he didn't do it (nor did he say he did). I also noticed that fred did say other canned tunes don't mess with VCT, but we also don't know if Brent or Doug does or doesn't. It's all speculation until the sources say for themselves. I would really like more info on this, and may be if i don't hear anything on this i will take this ... i will restart it with a different title since most people have read multiple threads on how Doug's tunes are great (and i don't have any reason to think that they aren't, since i am too a user of his tunes). Or i may start it in other forums as well, cause a test of all canned tunes would be awesome. We did have that guy that tried the SCT vs. Brenspeed vs. Evo(huge on mustangforums) ... but, got no info on Ken at Modular Depot, nor Doug's (which is huge on this forum). I may just sooner or later go ahead and throw the 150 bucks at it, cause i think it will drive me nuts until i find out the answer [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I'm not sure how Doug's tune is going to be, but when I was researching around I found multiple people that have tried all three tunes and said that Bamachips was the way to go. If I come across the thread I'll post it. Other than that, the bamachips package is on the big brown truck out for delivery. I can't wait to get home and see that box and install the kit!
Old 4/26/06, 03:54 PM
GT Member

from doug: "The Torque and Performance programs differ in the range they are aimed at for making power. The Torque is more so a daily driver program that focuses in on the 1500-3500 rpm's band. In order to do so well in that range though it does give up a few HP up top and this is why I break it apart from my Performance adjustments. The Performance program is aimed at more of a 3000rpm and up rpm band focusing in more on the top end horsepower and all out performance driving. This is a great track tune but also works well daily driven. Any of my programs are safe to use for daily driving unless you request a race only tune."

==================================

I use 93 torque and I love it ... I didn't do anything high-drama about trying to use up every drop of the 87 before making the change over ... I just don't think it's that touchy. I have a K&N CAI so there was no tune adjustment needed for that. The Calibration Code is on a sticker in the engine bay and is needed information for the tune to be created, I think. The difference is dramatic. You'll be very happy. The tool is self explanitory ... if you can master Pong, you can do it. You don't need to remove any fuses, but, I do (sometimes) remove the neg terminal so I can force it to "forget" things and relearn from scratch.