GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

2005 Orders Ceased

Search this Thread

Old 3/29/05, 01:48 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I placed an order for a 2005 GT Legend Lime Five Speed with the IUP on November 20th of last year. Still no word and I check back regularly. Today I called and the guy I deal with says I still do NOT have a build date and now FORD has told them that there will be no more orders for any 2005 mustangs period. He said any that were ordered already, inlcuding mine, will be made, but FORD just can't keep up with the demand so they have shut off all orders as they can hardly keep up with what they have, and have time to get the 2006's ready in time. So, I'm just wondering if this is typical salesman BS or are you S.O.L. if you still want to buy a 2005 and havn't ordered it yet. Here in KC, there are about 2-3 V6's on each FORD lot but no GT's. I'm just curious.
Old 3/29/05, 05:27 PM
CME
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What options do you want. Billingsley Ford in Ardmore OK (73401) has one almost like mine. The differences are it has dark charcoal interior, spoiler delete, and the upgrade wheels. Check them out if your interested. It would be a bit of a drive but worth it.
Old 3/29/05, 06:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

I was just told that too. I posted in the 05 forums. Over 900 current orders will be kicked back as well.
Old 3/29/05, 07:15 PM
FR500 Member

I don't think it's neccesarily Ford kicking back orders. It's more about the allocation system. Your dealer probably doesn't have any allocations left to fulfill any more 2005 orders, by the sounds of it he hardly had any to begin with if your car is C/U.

He really should have told you that from the start. Don't worry you're not alone. It seems that most dealers don't grab the concept of explaining the allocation system to customers, and it's a shame because they'd have less problems if they did.

Old 3/29/05, 08:49 PM
Cobra R Member

My buddy just ordered a f350 super duty, and when he was there he told them he was also interested in buying a mustang gt. The salesman said if he placed the order now, it be close to a year before delivery. I cant believe that cause guy was buying a truck already at about 40 grand.
Old 3/29/05, 09:17 PM
FR500 Member

Would be interesting to see what '05's at retail would bring on the market right now, (USED).
Old 3/29/05, 09:24 PM
FR500 Member

Somebody just sold their's on here today. $25k
Old 3/29/05, 09:28 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@March 29, 2005, 8:27 PM
Somebody just sold their's on here today. $25k

I'll bet right now I could get more for mine than I paid for it including tax and license. (in L.A.)
Old 3/30/05, 07:43 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know I could sell mine for more than I paid for it. It is the only Sonic Blue GT in the area and most of the dealers are trying to mimic the alterations I have done to thier cars before selling them.
Old 3/30/05, 07:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

I live in the SE, and still C/U after 8 weeks, I have to say though that my dealer has been great, they have offered me plan pricing on two GT.s that they have on the lot, not bad huh ! the only thing is both are the wrong color, and neither has IUP....aaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....

Old 3/30/05, 12:43 PM
V6 Member

fleasome, I think you are correct. I did NOT order from a KC dealership cuz they were all way over MSRP. So, I went to an outlying smalltown dealer. It was a trade-off - not as much allocation, but I won't have to pay $3,000 more than sticker, either. Did you get a call from anyone at Ford, officially, about your order? I did, and he promised the car would get built and that I can expect it to be in my hands by summer. Who was it on the forum who said Bob Allen wanted $10,000 over sticker for the single GT conv. they just got? That kind of BS is why I went out of town to order my GT coupe!
Old 3/30/05, 02:50 PM
GT Member

Well, I went to Bob Sight Ford, (Lee's Summit, MO) and we have a deal through our work credit union that we pay $100.00 over. That's all. So the price was good. The only thing is they are so full of crap that it sickens me. I'm about to post some stuff I just learned in a "How to Special Order a Mustang" thread. Hoping that others will read it and not get screwed. There is so much I didn't know that I know now. Problem is, most people don't search for this information, like me, until they've already been screwed.
Old 3/30/05, 06:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by fleasome@March 30, 2005, 4:53 PM
The only thing is they are so full of crap that it sickens me. I'm about to post some stuff I just learned in a "How to Special Order a Mustang" thread. Hoping that others will read it and not get screwed. There is so much I didn't know that I know now. Problem is, most people don't search for this information, like me, until they've already been screwed.
Please share! I'm in the KC area too, and don't want to get screwed over.

Thanks,
PolkThug
Old 3/30/05, 09:23 PM

Talking

Originally posted by fleasome@March 30, 2005, 3:53 PM
Well, I went to Bob Sight Ford, (Lee's Summit, MO) and we have a deal through our work credit union that we pay $100.00 over. That's all. So the price was good. The only thing is they are so full of crap that it sickens me.
Interestingly, that's where I bought my GT... off the lot in my color at x-plan with no hassles, no doc fees and great service?!?

One of the problems with ordering a car is the old trick of "taking a customer off the street"... also sometimes referred to as "putting a customer in the drawer."

When a customer is shopping hard, comparing quotes, pitting dealers against one another, demanding the lowest possible price, etc., etc. on a special order vehicle, an age-old dealer trick is to simply write up whatever it takes to "do the deal," get a deposit and then just stick the order in the drawer- (or give it such a bad priority number that there's no chance of the car ever being built.)

Now several things happen:

1.- The customer is now "off the street" since they've "ordered" and are no longer shopping. There's no chance of losing the deal to a competitor for at least a little while anyway.

2.- You may have some opportunities to "switch" the customer to a stock vehicle- hopefully for substantially more profit. "Still no build date assigned to your car yet- but I COULD let you have this beauty... but of course not at the order-price!"

3.- You may get a chance to renegotiate the price later if the car ever actually DOES come in: "Oh, I'm sorry sir... we forgot to add the blah, blah, blah but we'll be glad to give you your deposit back if you'd prefer!" After waiting for MONTHS most customers will simply roll over and pay up since it's "their car" sitting their on the lot. The closer on this one is: "No hard feelings... take your deposit. I'm SURE we won't have any problem selling such a beautiful car to someone else. We'll just put it on the showroom floor!"

The list goes on. Here's the bottom line: Once a customer is "in the drawer" or "off the street" there's really nothing bad that can happen from a dealer's point of view and there's quite a few possibilities that things may get a lot better!!

What's the worst-case scenario? The customer gets hacked, takes their deposit and stomps out. What have you lost? Nothing. If you had told them from the start it was going to be MSRP they would have walked out anyway.

It's never over till it's over. Just because you're "off the street" doesn't mean you're ever going to see the car you ordered at the price you "agreed to."

Just a word to the wise,

Steve
Old 3/30/05, 09:31 PM
FR500 Member

But, no matter what, you can still have the final say in the matter!
Old 3/31/05, 05:29 AM
GT Member

Polk - This is the thread I wrote.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...=0&#entry312200