GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

05 Coil Packs Tested

Search this Thread

Old 8/8/06, 06:56 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Dyno tested a Ford GT with our Coils and Wires

This car has a Kenne Bell 18 PSI blower snout and a Fuego re tune. The car was brought to us with the snout already installed so I never got to dyno it stone stock. He putted it in and we wrote a tune for it. After we got it dialed in we then did the coil install with wires - they are the results

16hp and 28 ft/lbs

Old 8/9/06, 12:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by lawman
Some of you guys just kill me. Granatelli comes on this forum and tells you he has some great products for our cars. Various individuals on this forum, Don W. Vegasjay etc . . . crucify him. Essentially calling him an idiot and a liar . Every time someone tests his claims, whether it be throttle body or coil packs - guess what? They do exactly what J.R. said they would do. And now of all people dhof303 speaks out of both sides of his mouth claiming skepticism of Granatelli while claiming he wants to buy his product because it works exactly like Granatelli said it would.

Sooner or later some people around here are going to have to admit 1) J.R. just might know what he's talking about. 2) J.R. might just be producing some quality products. 3) J.R. has been treated unfairly by members of this forum.

And I don't buy the argument that he deserves the treatment because of the "tone" of his posts. All the guy did was enthusiastically promote his products and express his opinion on other products on the market. Which just happens to be something that virtually every enthusiast on this forum does with respect to products on their own vehicles.

Anyone's claims should be challenged but the personal attacks against him are disgusting and completely unjustified. I'm hoping other manufacturer's come on this forum to solicit our opinions and tell us about their new products, but if they see the reception J.R. got, I wouldn't blame them for having second thoughts And that Gentlemen is a diservice to this forum.

Incidentally, because I know the accusation is sure to come, I'm not on Granatelli's payroll nor do I need to be. I met the guy one time and he was a great guy. I have a couple of his products and their great products in my humble opinion (because I'm no expert). I decided to get these coil packs a while back based on my experience with the throttle body and Granatelli personally. I speak up for the guy because I don't like to see people being bullied here or anywhere.
Nah, I have to agree with him. there have been a few people who have just been straight-up ****s, talking out their ***es about products they don't have and haven't used. Give the man some credit, he didn't just start doing this stuff yesterday.
Old 8/9/06, 04:48 PM
Former Vendor

it is hard to question the dyno results when 5.0 just tested our parts on 2 different dyno's in the same day and both reported teh same power increase
Old 8/17/06, 12:29 PM
Former Vendor

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/video14.htm

see video
Old 8/18/06, 10:30 AM

Help JR??? COP caused a misfire on one cylinder

I really love my Granatelli COPs which I bought at performancecenter.com.
They are a noticable difference and I feel better about not getting detonation in supercharged motor because these babies provide a strong spark! They also made a noticable difference in how it idles and runs at WOT. In addition to that reason, Ford had a lot of problems with their stock COPs going bad in the past, I had 4 coils go out in my Navigator in the past.
Unfortunately my car is currently at the Ford dealer troubleshooting a slight problem and they have determined one of my GMS coils is causing a misfire. They determined this by moving the coil from cylinder to cylinder. The misfire followed the coil pack.
Talk about a stand-up Ford dealer. when they could have told me to put the stock coils back on they instead called GMS directly to arrange a replacement of the coil. That is why this dealer got my business and installed my Kenne Bell blower.
JR have you had anyone else with the same issue. Can you expedite my coil replacement to Sessler Ford in libertyville, Illinois?
I have purchased other GMS products for my Stang (safety loops, control arms) and I am always happy with the quality of the items you sell.
Gerry Tegmeyer
Old 8/18/06, 10:46 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by uberPony
I really love my Granatelli COPs which I bought at performancecenter.com.
They are a noticable difference and I feel better about not getting detonation in supercharged motor because these babies provide a strong spark! They also made a noticable difference in how it idles and runs at WOT. In addition to that reason, Ford had a lot of problems with their stock COPs going bad in the past, I had 4 coils go out in my Navigator in the past.
Unfortunately my car is currently at the Ford dealer troubleshooting a slight problem and they have determined one of my GMS coils is causing a misfire. They determined this by moving the coil from cylinder to cylinder. The misfire followed the coil pack.
Talk about a stand-up Ford dealer. when they could have told me to put the stock coils back on they instead called GMS directly to arrange a replacement of the coil. That is why this dealer got my business and installed my Kenne Bell blower.
JR have you had anyone else with the same issue. Can you expedite my coil replacement to Sessler Ford in libertyville, Illinois?
I have purchased other GMS products for my Stang (safety loops, control arms) and I am always happy with the quality of the items you sell.
Gerry Tegmeyer
We have shipped over 4000 coils out for 2v 3v and 4v cars. We sell tons of these to the motorhome crowd with V10 engines. We were bound to have a problem with 1 or 2 sooner or later - the coild has a warranty but normally we need the bad one back. I will look into this today