The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Which is Better (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f668/)
-   -   2010 mustang vs camaro (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f668/2010-mustang-vs-camaro-472826/)

jsaylor 1/4/09 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Truth411 (Post 5720022)
Sigh... I will admit in responding to Jsaylor half truths, I used words that were inapropiate, therefore I apologize. Though I will disagree that I am unreasonable, that award should have went to Jsaylor, But I am starting to think this thread is a fake. This is how I see it...

So now it's my fault that you cannot behave? :rofl2:

jsaylor 1/4/09 01:01 PM

5.0L powered Mustang GT versus 422hp LS3-powered Camaro? Given the weight disparity between the two cars, and what we know about their respective drivetrains, I would guess that the Mustang GT will hold a straight line performance edge on the street since it seems more than a little likely that the Camaro will run into some traction issues. On a good strip with cheater or full slicks.......hard to say since traction becomes less of an issue and power to weight between these two will be very close. GoingRoll on acceleration from highways speeds could be an area where the Camaro holds an advantage as well, again it is difficult to say until we know what the 5.0L V8's torque curve will look like.

How will the cars stack up in the twisties?. Until we know what the 5.0L Mustang will get in the way of brakes (the stoppers currently pulling duty on the 4.6L-powered GT's seem extremely unlikely candidates if for no other reason than safety) and suspension (could the now optional Track pack be standard with the 5.0L-powered cars?) this too is far too much of a grey area for anything but random guesses. IMO the potential is there for the 5.0L powered cars to be real spoilers given equipment largely already available on the Mustang.

Knight Rider 1/4/09 01:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
he's still here?:D

Heres a map to the nearest camaro forum. Hope you don't get lost on the way :jester:

And to answer your previous post, the rest af the members look overall at the pros and cons of both vehicles and make a decision. If I may direct your attention at the poll, you can see that there are a fair amount of people that chose the Camaro over the 2010 Mustang. You on the other hand continually bash the Mustang without looking at both cars carefully. For example you base your "truths" on non existent or vague "facts" and thus you defend yourself from us. Get it in your mind horsepower is not everything people look for in a car. If that was the case, the Camaro would have outsold the Mustang or the previous Cadillac CTS-V would have outsold the BMW 3series. People also look for interior quality and value. As I have said before, if you are such a Camaro fan, why don't you go to where your kind are. I am giving you the map to peace.

Or if you want to stay, you can bow down to all the moderators and kiss their feet in mercy (and maybe kiss their car's exhaust pipe.) jk

max2000jp 1/4/09 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Red Star (Post 5718160)
Mustang has experience over Camaro.

I disagree. Ford invests motorsports money in series that do not encourage development of new technology. GM has learned a ton from racing the C5R & C6R and it's trickled down to the production models. GM also tunes most of their performance cars at the Nurburgring. If you read the reviews of the CTSV, Z06, and ZR1 the improvements are even noted by magazines that typically rag on anything domestic. I am sure the Camaro won't disappoint in terms of driving dynamics, even though it's about 400 lbs too heavy for my liking.

Lastly, why is there all the hating on the new Camaro? I think GM did a great job on the car! Everyone of us should LOVE this car. If it wasn't for the Camaro (and Challenger), the 2010 refresh would have been pushed back and the new 5.0 V8 might have never come to fruition. Competition is great for enthusiasts!

m05fastbackGT 1/4/09 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Truth411 (Post 5720022)
Sigh... I will admit in responding to Jsaylor half truths, I used words that were inapropiate, therefore I apologize. Though I will disagree that I am unreasonable, that award should have went to Jsaylor, But I am starting to think this thread is a fake. This is how I see it...

2010 Mustang: Highly customizable vehicle, better total features than the camaro (like Sat. Nav, and Sync) and is fun to drive, but when comparing its performance to the competiton Stock vs Stock it does not hang. Ford is not interested in makeing the mustang the best performance car for the money, it seems they just want to keep the mustangs performance COMPETITIVE while keep the mustang highly customizable. The Mustang GT will probaly never be the best performance car for the money vs the competition, thats not what ford is trying to do, nor have been doing with the mustang.

2010 Camaro: Stock vs Stock it will beat the mustang GT in virtually every performance catergory But unlike last go around where the V8 had all the attention and the V6 was crap. It seem GM has learned from their mistakes and threw everything they had at the V6. Includeing destenation charges the V6 camaro is within $700 of the V6 Mustang. But that $700 gets you about 100 more hp, Better fuel economy, Better daily driving (IRS) etc...

So unlike last go around When the mustang had the Better V6 car and the camaro was the better V8, THis time IMO for the money The camaro is the better V6 and V8 car. Now if this post is considered offensive and disrespectful, then this thread should be closed. Why have a thread on a mustang site called 2010 mustang vs 2010 camaro, and when I speak of clear advantages the Camaro will have over the mustang, I am called a "pompus A$$", disrespectful and should be banned??

You still don't get it, do you. FYI, future9er24 was referring to yours truly, as the member in which you insulted with the following remarks.

Originally Posted by Truth411 (Post 5718489)
It sounds like you don't know too much about cars.

You are showing your ignorance (no offense)

Useing your logic Go buy a Honda S-2000 or a Mazda RX-8 lol!!.

The other 2 remarks in question, were directed at Jsaylor, in which I had added to my previous post. As just another fine example of how you personally attack others with your insulting remarks.
:bad:

Originally Posted by Truth411 (Post 5716778)
Dude Stop being a Retard!!

Originally Posted by Truth411 (Post 5716778)
You are truly a person who don't know what he is talking about.

Knight Rider 1/4/09 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by max2000jp (Post 5720218)
I disagree. Ford invests motorsports money in series that do not encourage development of new technology. GM has learned a ton from racing the C5R & C6R and it's trickled down to the production models. GM also tunes most of their performance cars at the Nurburgring. If you read the reviews of the CTSV, Z06, and ZR1 the improvements are even noted by magazines that typically rag on anything domestic. I am sure the Camaro won't disappoint in terms of driving dynamics, even though it's about 400 lbs too heavy for my liking.

Lastly, why is there all the hating on the new Camaro? I think GM did a great job on the car! Everyone of us should LOVE this car. If it wasn't for the Camaro (and Challenger), the 2010 refresh would have been pushed back and the new 5.0 V8 might have never come to fruition. Competition is great for enthusiasts!

I agreed with your statement until you said Everyone of us should love this car. Yes the car brought the Mustang to where it is and I respect that, but respect is different from LOVE.

Case Closed!

Zastava_101 1/4/09 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by max2000jp (Post 5720218)

Customers will have the final word. And what customers told us in the past is that there is no way that any other 2 door coupe can outsell Mustang. They might be more powerful and they may handle better, but overall Mustang's popularity with public will always be the highest compared to competition.

m05fastbackGT 1/4/09 04:49 PM

I couldn't agree more Zoran. Perfect example, is this. Despite the F-body outperforming the Mustang. Mustang outsold the F-body Camaro/Firebird combined, by a 3-1 margin. Which in the end, eventually led to the F-body's demise. For it's just as you stated.

Originally Posted by Red Star (Post 5720249)
They might be more powerful and they may handle better, but overall Mustang's popularity with public will always be the highest compared to competition.

The bottom line, is this. If it weren't for the Mustang, there would be no Camaro nor Challenger whatsoever.

With that said, Mustang has remained as the original pony car for over 45 years, and will always remain so. As there is just no substitute for the original, regardless of what excuses the nay-sayers may have for spinning their pointless arguments.

End of story !

max2000jp 1/4/09 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Red Star (Post 5720249)
Customers will have the final word. And what customers told us in the past is that there is no way that any other 2 door coupe can outsell Mustang. They might be more powerful and they may handle better, but overall Mustang's popularity with public will always be the highest compared to competition.

We shall see how the 2010 stacks up. Ford has a lot of good competitors that are trying to take Mustang market share.

Zastava_101 1/4/09 06:06 PM

They're trying, but I doubt they will succeed. They've been trying for the past 45 years.

m05fastbackGT 1/4/09 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by max2000jp (Post 5720346)
We shall see how the 2010 stacks up. Ford has a lot of good competitors that are trying to take Mustang market share.

Being as they haven't succeeded in 45+ years, just how can they honestly think it'll be any different this time around. :jester:

max2000jp 1/4/09 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT (Post 5720427)
Being as they haven't succeeded in 45+ years, just how can they honestly think it'll be any different this time around. :jester:

The competition is getting much better. For example, you now have Hyundai in the game looking to sell 30K units in the US. You also have the 370Z which is similar in price and is getting really great reviews. Then throw in the Camaro & Challenger and you can see that the Mustang's piece of the pie is getting challenged. Like I said above, competition is good for the Mustang because it makes Ford build a better car.

red pony 1/4/09 08:23 PM

Hey rocky!

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT (Post 5719455)
Hey Rich, small world. As I'm not that far from New Castle at all. :nice:

Hi neighbor! Hey who is this Generous Motors fanatic talking smack against the Mustang?! If he were to put his Camaro in one hand , and spit in the other hand, and slap them together, what would he have?! A mess to clean up! No car, just a mess! That car is a wish. When he buys it , he's gonna wish it didn't rattle, wish it could stay on the road instead of at the dealership, and wish he can get out from under it! :drunk::fuss: People who love GM products are looking for an excuse to drink anyway! And if they say they like their cars you know they're on drugs too! When was the last time you saw a person smiling while driving his Camaro? Look closer that's not a smile.... he's gritting his teeth! :fuss:

Knight Rider 1/4/09 08:29 PM

lol. When I was helping my cousin in his mechanics shop, a 97 camaro came because it refused to turn on completely after adding some performance parts. When it finally turned on it sputtered like crazy. I even drove it inside the shop once and the interior was horrible materials wise even if it was well taken care of and the seating was very low. Plus that reluctancy to turn on. I sat on many Mustangs, 65, 07, 84, 01 and 96 and seating was just right; not too high not too low:metal:

m05fastbackGT 1/4/09 08:33 PM

I understand where your coming from Jason, and perhaps cars such as the 370Z along with the new Hyundai Genesis Coupe with Challenger and Camaro. May take a piece from Mustang's market shares, however when it's all said and done. Mustang will still outsell the competition in the pony car segment.

Just to note, the 370Z is only available in a V6. Therefore I consider it as in a different class altogether from that of a pony car. Although I happen to like the 370Z. I still prefer the deep rumble and power from a V8. :nice:

As for the Hyundai Genesis Coupe, it may include a V8, but from the pictures I've seem so far. IMO it's fugly as sin, and just has no real appeal, as far as I'm concerned. :dunno:

Zastava_101 1/4/09 09:19 PM

I think Genesis coupe is only available with turbo 4 and a V6.

m05fastbackGT 1/4/09 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Red Star (Post 5720523)
I think Genesis coupe is only available with turbo 4 and a V6.

From what I've heard Zoran, the 2010-11 coupe will also offer a V8. Perhaps somebody who knows for certain, can also chime in:dunno:

m05fastbackGT 1/4/09 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by red pony (Post 5720491)
Hi neighbor! Hey who is this Generous Motors fanatic talking smack against the Mustang?! If he were to put his Camaro in one hand , and spit in the other hand, and slap them together, what would he have?! A mess to clean up! No car, just a mess! That car is a wish. When he buys it , he's gonna wish it didn't rattle, wish it could stay on the road instead of at the dealership, and wish he can get out from under it! :drunk::fuss: People who love GM products are looking for an excuse to drink anyway! And if they say they like their cars you know they're on drugs too! When was the last time you saw a person smiling while driving his Camaro? Look closer that's not a smile.... he's gritting his teeth! :fuss:

I have no idea who this GM fanatic is Rich, all I know is that he came to wrong place to talk his smack against the Mustang. And I personally could care less about the 2010 Camaro being rated at 422 HP.

As I've mentioned before, if he really believes that Ford is going to allow GM to outperform the Mustang by 100+ HP. Then he's obviously living in a fantasy world, and if he cannot accept the fact about the 400HP 5.0 coming next year in the 2011MY. That is also his d@mn problem.

For he also fails to realize there's much more to a pony car, than just raw horsepower. As Mustang has always offered the best practical quality, and overall bang for the buck value, hands down.

Perhaps it's just me, but I'd much rather own a car that is both comfortable and more enjoyable to drive rather than be miserable with something that squeaks and rattles like some tin can that perhaps has more raw horsepower and possibly handles better.

Case in point, despite the Mustang being outperformed by the F-body Camaro/Firebird. Mustang outsold the F-bodies by a 3-1 margin, which eventually led to the extinction of the F-bodies altogether.

And let's also not kid ourselves here, if it weren't for the huge success of the S-197 Mustang. Dodge wouldn't had resurrected the Challenger after a 35 year extinction, nor would GM be bringing back the Camaro following a 6 year demise.

As a direct result, both the Challenger and new Camaro are both imitating Mustang's retro design. Hummm, I just wonder why that is :rofl2:

Here's why, because no matter how hard the Bowtie and Dodge boys try to claim their pony cars are so far superior. The fact remains, Mustang has outlasted, and outsold them both for 45+ years, uninterrupted.

As I had mentioned earlier from this quote:

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT (Post 5720336)
Mustang has remained as the original pony car for over 45 years, and will always remain so. As there is just no substitute for the original, regardless of what excuses the nay-sayers may have for spinning their pointless arguments.

With that said Rich, his smack talking against the Mustang will be short lived. As the 400HP 5.0L is indeed coming :nice:

red pony 1/5/09 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT (Post 5720573)
I have no idea who this GM fanatic is Rich, all I know is that he came to wrong place to talk his smack against the Mustang. And I personally could care less about the 2010 Camaro being rated at 422 HP.

As I've mentioned before, if he really believes that Ford is going to allow GM to outperform the Mustang by 100+ HP. Then he's obviously living in a fantasy world, and if he cannot accept the fact about the 400HP 5.0 coming next year in the 2011MY. That is also his d@mn problem.

For he also fails to realize there's much more to a pony car, than just raw horsepower. As Mustang has always offered the best practical quality, and overall bang for the buck value, hands down.

Perhaps it's just me, but I'd much rather own a car that is both comfortable and more enjoyable to drive rather than be miserable with something that squeaks and rattles like some tin can that perhaps has more raw horsepower and possibly handles better.

Case in point, despite the Mustang being outperformed by the F-body Camaro/Firebird. Mustang outsold the F-bodies by a 3-1 margin, which eventually led to the extinction of the F-bodies altogether.

And let's also not kid ourselves here, if it weren't for the huge success of the S-197 Mustang. Dodge wouldn't had resurrected the Challenger after a 35 year extinction, nor would GM be bringing back the Camaro following a 6 year demise.

As a direct result, both the Challenger and new Camaro are both imitating Mustang's retro design. Hummm, I just wonder why that is :rofl2:

Here's why, because no matter how hard the Bowtie and Dodge boys try to claim their pony cars are so far superior. The fact remains, Mustang has outlasted, and outsold them both for 45+ years, uninterrupted.

As I had mentioned earlier from this quote:

With that said Rich, his smack talking against the Mustang will be short lived. As the 400HP 5.0L is indeed coming :nice:

As i said earlier they will win the race to the junk yard! That is because no matter what GM does in the way of technology, they use lousy materials coupled with sloppy machine shop work! I've seen it first hand for years! Case in point; during the winter monthes for 3 years straight, we had at least 4 full size pick ups come in on the hook each winter because the ring gear in the differential SHATTERED! All it took was to be going down the road, hit an ice patch , and as soon as the tires grabbed traction again , snap-- bang! In 2 events it wiped it all out, housing and all! In about half of the events, GM quietly warrantied the ones they could, and the rest suffered a bill close to 3 grand!

adrenalin 1/5/09 09:03 AM

:popcorn: