From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

Ordering with X-Plan

Search this Thread

Old 10/14/06, 10:05 AM
GTR Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Ordering with X-Plan

We've ordered a lot of Fords in the past and one thing I could never determine correctly was the dealer invoice price. Edmunds, KBB, MSN, NADA, and other internet resources always underestimated the invoice. This time around, I found out that you can get invoice and X-plan pricing through Forddirect.com (X-Plan pricing if you have an account at myplan.ford.com or similar Ford sites).

Edmunds invoice pricing was about $800 below dealer invoice, while KBB/MSN/NADA were all about $500 below dealer invoice. Forddirect.com was accurate down to the cent with dealer invoice pricing with 1 exception: gas fee.

Using the X-Plan formula and accounting for the gas fee (for me it was about $5.10)
[0.996 * Invoice] + $75

It was accurate down to the cent. I think the point here is to ignore KBB/MSN/NADA/Edmunds for new car pricing and just go to Forddirect.com to get all the info you need even before speaking with a salesperson. This makes the transaction go a lot smoother (from experience).

Now, I wish Forddirect listed all of the order codes and dealer invoice pricing for the individual options. This would make it even EASIER because I still have to use MSN to get the dealer invoice prices for each individual option, along with the build codes (also available with the Ford ordering guides).