From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

Couple of questions i had..

Search this Thread

Old 10/20/06, 07:23 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couple of questions i had..

I was planning on getting a new mustang in June or July of 2007 and had a few questions..

First off, if i wanted to order my car and wanted it by June or July of 2007. When do you guys think i should put down an order to expect it by then?

Second, if i do put an order down around that time would i be able to order a 2008 model or would i only be able to order the '07?

Third, i have a sister that works at a place called Simplex Grinnel. She said that she can get dealer price for any fords, chevy's and dodge cars as long as she works there. Has anybody who works for Ford know anything about this? And would this apply to any of those letter plans?

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 10/23/06, 11:15 AM
GTR Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris728
I was planning on getting a new mustang in June or July of 2007 and had a few questions..

First off, if i wanted to order my car and wanted it by June or July of 2007. When do you guys think i should put down an order to expect it by then?

Second, if i do put an order down around that time would i be able to order a 2008 model or would i only be able to order the '07?

Third, i have a sister that works at a place called Simplex Grinnel. She said that she can get dealer price for any fords, chevy's and dodge cars as long as she works there. Has anybody who works for Ford know anything about this? And would this apply to any of those letter plans?

Thanks in advance guys.

If you still want a 2007 model year and want to order it as late as possible, try late February up to mid-March. I recall dealers stopping orders for 2006s around the first week of April. Expect a 2-3 month lead-time.

If your sister can get dealer pricing, that would be the D-Plan, which is almost $1000 below X-Plan pricing and about $100 more than A/Z-plan (employee and retiree) pricing. She will have to get a D-Plan PIN, IIRC.

Chances are, seeing how she works at a place that specializes in fire suppression and security, Simplex Grinnel employees can get the supplier discount from the Big 3 manufacturers, which in our case, is the X-Plan. X-Plan is basically dealer invoice [(0.996 * dealer invoice) + $75]. She will need to get an X-Plan PIN to buy the car (have the title/reg in her name for 6 months) and then transfer it to you after 6 months.
Old 10/23/06, 04:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by metroplex
If you still want a 2007 model year and want to order it as late as possible, try late February up to mid-March. I recall dealers stopping orders for 2006s around the first week of April. Expect a 2-3 month lead-time.

If your sister can get dealer pricing, that would be the D-Plan, which is almost $1000 below X-Plan pricing and about $100 more than A/Z-plan (employee and retiree) pricing. She will have to get a D-Plan PIN, IIRC.

Chances are, seeing how she works at a place that specializes in fire suppression and security, Simplex Grinnel employees can get the supplier discount from the Big 3 manufacturers, which in our case, is the X-Plan. X-Plan is basically dealer invoice [(0.996 * dealer invoice) + $75]. She will need to get an X-Plan PIN to buy the car (have the title/reg in her name for 6 months) and then transfer it to you after 6 months.
What he said. It usually takes 6-8 weeks for delivery. I ordered my 07 in June and it was delivered in August. You should wait until late April/early May and order an 08. I purchased mine for $300 over invoice. You should expect about the same on the 08s without the various "plans". If you wait for the 09s, I'm sure that up-charges will be in effect, like the 05s, as I believe they will be redesigned. OR, you could go out this week and get a left-over 06 at dealer's invoice w/ 0% financing.
Old 10/24/06, 05:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

March and April are tricky time periods. Expect the '08 order banks to open up in mid to late April and expect Job 1 to be in the first week of June. My order was acknowledged on April 27th and I didn't get delivery until July 29th. So, if you hold out for '08, expect a longer delay if you order at this time period.
Old 10/24/06, 09:03 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by flashfearless
March and April are tricky time periods. Expect the '08 order banks to open up in mid to late April and expect Job 1 to be in the first week of June. My order was acknowledged on April 27th and I didn't get delivery until July 29th. So, if you hold out for '08, expect a longer delay if you order at this time period.
Oh ya id rather wait a extra month and get the new year model then get the '07 model. Plus my birthdays on July 28th so if i receive it by then that would be great.

If ford planning on making a completely new design for 2009 or are they waiting until 2010?
Old 10/25/06, 05:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Chris728

If ford planning on making a completely new design for 2009 or are they waiting until 2010?
They are planning what I call a "tweak" for '09. Wouldn't call it much different. I think that since it is still working for them, they are not going to change it much. I did hear something like GT to go to 350 HP and Shelby to go to 515.