Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

What's the Big Deal?

Search this Thread

Old 4/10/05, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
extremely irritating is the words best described for those love bugs.
Sometimes they are so thick that when you go outside you feel like you may inhale one
Old 4/10/05, 08:11 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thats our provincial bird up here..LOL we even have a town with a large statue of one .
Old 4/10/05, 10:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Hellcat6@April 10, 2005, 8:00 PM
Zaino is not a fad or internet hype. They have been around for years and have always been one of the favorites with serious car show participants. I have tried many products and some have been great, this is not intended to slam any of those. But nothing I have used is easier or longer lasting than Zaino. For my Mustangs, nothing else touches that horse hide! If you prefer something else, great, use that instead.
I am not trying to argue with you guys; Zaino seems to be great stuff. I just feel it's touted on the internet a lot. Again, ask a Concours winner what wax they use.
Old 4/10/05, 11:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wax/Polish is a personal thing and this is something where there's almost no right or wrong. Anyway it could be worse, somebody could be talking about the long term shine they got from waxing their stang with a wax product they found at a local dollar store! :P
Old 4/11/05, 05:18 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I absolutely swear by Meguiars. I love it.
It shines my car up enough to make it pop out spectacularly.
Old 4/11/05, 05:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by max2000jp+April 10, 2005, 11:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(max2000jp @ April 10, 2005, 11:16 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Hellcat6@April 10, 2005, 8:00 PM
Zaino is not a fad or internet hype. They have been around for years and have always been one of the favorites with serious car show participants. I have tried many products and some have been great, this is not intended to slam any of those. But nothing I have used is easier or longer lasting than Zaino. For my Mustangs, nothing else touches that horse hide! If you prefer something else, great, use that instead.
I am not trying to argue with you guys; Zaino seems to be great stuff. I just feel it's touted on the internet a lot. Again, ask a Concours winner what wax they use.
[/b][/quote]

And as I said, I agree there are other good products out there. Ask a concours winner? I have, at the 6 to 8 shows I enter and attend a year, to include the 40th Anniversary of the Mustang in Nashville. You'll find Zaino on lots of quality cars, right along with other products. You might want to enter a few National level shows and find out before you make such sweeping generalizations.

Old 4/11/05, 06:01 AM
Cobra Member

I swear what it did to my performance white mustang is just incredible, and the shine it put on my vinyl stripes just blew me away!
I expected good things because of all the "internet hype", but Zaino exceeded my expections!
Not only does it look good but the finish feels so smooth. Try putting a bottle or something on the hood trunk or roof and watch it glide down, its amazing. Friday night Dave was letting me use his Z-6(thanks Dave I owe you a bottle)and I kept trying to put the plastic bottle down on my hood only to have it glide off. So hella-cool!
Old 4/11/05, 06:36 AM
Cobra Member

Zaino is not the only option people.

There are dozens of great procedures for your car that will look as good or better than Zaino. Zaino looks very good but there are "boutique" products such as the Klasse Twins (Cleaner/Sealant Glaze), Ultimate Paint Protection, and the mother to top off any polish, Souveran Paste Wax which is 70 dollars per tin but lasts a LONG time. Souveran ontop of Klasse Cleaner Wax (All in One) and ontop of Klasse Sealant Glaze AFTER doing a machine polishing with Poorboys SSR 2.5 and that is one of the best combos that can not be rivaled. Of course, it takes time, but it is worth it IMO.
Old 4/11/05, 06:43 AM
Cobra Member

Yes but you mention "machine polishing".
Zainos is easy on and off. No orbital or high speed(burn the finish)buffer needed, just a good ole appilactor which they supply if you purchase over 25-35dollars(easy to do) and a 100%cotton made in the USA towel, and BAM! An awesome shine.
Now I am waiting to see how long it lasts.
Old 4/11/05, 07:20 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Hellcat6@April 11, 2005, 6:54 AM

And as I said, I agree there are other good products out there. Ask a concours winner? I have, at the 6 to 8 shows I enter and attend a year, to include the 40th Anniversary of the Mustang in Nashville. You'll find Zaino on lots of quality cars, right along with other products. You might want to enter a few National level shows and find out before you make such sweeping generalizations.

Argue all you want, but 21 of the 24 best in class winners at the Concours D' Elegence at Pebble Beach used Meguiars. That itself speaks volumes for which wax top cars use. I said earlier that Zaino seems to be great stuff, just it seems like its huge because of the internet bandwagon following.
Old 4/11/05, 07:21 AM
GT Member

I've used Zaino for 3 years on my white '96 cobra. I never thought a white car could shine so much, but it does! Anyway, yes, there are a LOT of great products out there that will shine like crazy. I use Zaino on all my cars for 2 reasons - it's easy to put on and take off, and it lasts a long time.

I put one coat of Z1 and Z2 on my '05 in December, to get through the Ohio winter. Here's the bottom line: after 4 months and 6000 miles of salt, tar, grime, etc. the water still sheeted off, and looked great after a wash. I haven't had any wax-based products last like that.

I ran across an interesting article that compares a lot of the mid-range products out there:
http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html
Give it a read, it's very interesting.
Old 4/11/05, 07:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

I've always had good luck with Meguiars stuff, but the 3-step Deep Crystal products, and the traditional stuff like the #9 Swirl Remover and the #26 Yellow Wax are quite a bit of work to put on, and they don't last all that long - it seemed I was waxing the car once a month at least...but it did always look great.

With my '05, I just switched to their NXT Tech liquid wax, and I can say the stuff is awesome! It's a polymer polish, like Zainos, so it wipes right off with a towel. Can't say how long it lasts yet since I just started using it, but they claim it lasts longer than any other product in their line.

Also, it's convenient that NXT Tech Wax is only $13 or so, and is available at chain stores like Walmart and Target.
Old 4/11/05, 07:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Zaino all the way. Just ordered another Ultimate kit.

Old 4/11/05, 08:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Badandy@April 11, 2005, 6:39 AM
Zaino is not the only option people.

There are dozens of great procedures for your car that will look as good or better than Zaino. Zaino looks very good but there are "boutique" products such as the Klasse Twins (Cleaner/Sealant Glaze), Ultimate Paint Protection, and the mother to top off any polish, Souveran Paste Wax which is 70 dollars per tin but lasts a LONG time. Souveran ontop of Klasse Cleaner Wax (All in One) and ontop of Klasse Sealant Glaze AFTER doing a machine polishing with Poorboys SSR 2.5 and that is one of the best combos that can not be rivaled. Of course, it takes time, but it is worth it IMO.
I agree with the comment that there are other quality products out there (as I had mentioned in a previous post), but have you used any of the "boutique products" you mentioned? Souverain and pinnacle are insanely expensive. If you can afford them then you can afford to have your butler detail your car! And NO they don't last more than a month tops! :nono:
As for anyone that thinks that Zaino is bandwagon...I've used it for over 7 years after using Liquid Glass, McGuire's 3 step, 3M sealant, expensive Zymol, cheap (wal-mart version) Zymol, and probably several others I prefer to forget. I stick to Zaino. It used to be a real pain to get the results that are quick and easy nowadays. To anyone that doubts it, give it a try and let us know what you think. But don't brag about how much better one product is than another unless you have actually tried both.
Old 4/11/05, 08:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Well looks like I am going to be giving Zainos a try real soon!
Old 4/11/05, 09:08 AM
GT Member

One more comment on this subject. As far as how long it lasts has a lot to do with the conditions that apply. If your car is in a garage a good percentage of the time chances are any product will last longer then on an outside car. Just want to compare apples to apples.
Old 4/11/05, 09:46 AM
GT Member

I would also ditch the cotton towels. I've been a zaino user since 1998, and micro fiber towels will create much less swirl marks in the long run and perform better.

www.microfiber.org

Cotton towels are a thing of the past.

P.S. I don't have any stake in selling Micro fiber towels, but they are 100 times better then cotton...

Zaino rocks.
Old 4/11/05, 10:04 AM
Cobra Member

those are worth checking into. Thanks!
Old 4/11/05, 10:08 AM
Cobra Member

Meguiars NXT is very good, but not quite as easy to use as Zaino. 99% of Zaino comes off the car without using a horse hair trim brush. It is the best product I've used on a black car. I have heard some other products produce a better gloss, but I don't think any of them will last longer or be easier to use. It isn't just another hyped-up internet product.

Quick Reply: What's the Big Deal?