Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

What's the Big Deal?

Search this Thread

Old 4/10/05, 09:38 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
OK, what's the big deal w/ Zaino's? I've used Meguires for years and have always had fantastic results. I've never even heard of them before this site, does Brad have stock with them?
One coat of Carnuba and I couldn't imagine it looking better.

Those aren't swirl marks in the hood, those are the reflections of clouds. And those aren't scratches in the quarter panel, those are the neighbors palm trees from across the street.
Old 4/10/05, 09:40 AM
I lust for a M24

I can do all the same tricks too.
Old 4/10/05, 09:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I have always used Meguires.
Old 4/10/05, 09:59 AM
Bullitt Member

dave_bought_another_black_stang's Avatar

I have always used meguars, until now i am switching to zainos. The wax lasts longer and is just better technology. I did some research and probably talked to 50 people at car shows and they are all going Zany for Zaino's.
Old 4/10/05, 10:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Just try it once.
Old 4/10/05, 10:05 AM
I lust for a M24

It's so pricy though. Oh well, I guess only the best for the '05. If I wanted to just start off with trying one thing and didn't want to buy the whole kit... what do you recommend?
Old 4/10/05, 10:14 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by dave_bought_another_black_stang@April 10, 2005, 9:02 AM
I have always used meguars, until now i am switching to zainos. The wax lasts longer and is just better technology. I did some research and probably talked to 50 people at car shows and they are all going Zany for Zaino's.
Ahhh... one slight correction. Zaino is NOT wax. It's a polymer-based polish much like my polish of choice, liquid glass. A curing agent is then added to the polish to harden it on the cars surface and there you go. With liquid glass the manufacturer says to park it in the sun for two hours. Park it in the sun? I live in Arizona and have PLENTY of sun to work with here!

To be honest I don't understand why everybody is going nuts for Zaino right now. It's much more expensive and it doesn't seem to gloss significantly better than much of its competition. Alas... people at car shows are constantly following the fads to try to be the best. I'd personally rather spend $18 on a bottle of liquid glass then $50 on a Zaino starter kit and invest the remaining $32 into something else for the car.
Old 4/10/05, 10:17 AM
GT Member

I've always been a Liquid Glass fan, myself. I've decided to jump on the fad bandwagon and give Zainos a run. Gotta wait for the tail and stripes to go on before I give it a good coat or six...

BTW, 05GT-O.C.D., that is one nice lookin' car!!
Old 4/10/05, 11:12 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I've used a lot...Zaino hands down.
Expensive but worth it.

Easy on, easy off.
And the results are insane.

That being said, its not that anything else out there is bad..they are all great products. Depends on what your looking for, how much time you want to use and ease of use etc.

I have a thread up with my results on the 05....and ****...it looks fantastic. Such a great look when cleaned up and polished.

This is only have 1 coat of Z2Pro.
Z5 was used twice to cover up my scratches, and doesn't have the highgloss
'holy crap' factor that Z2Pro has. And since you should only use 3 coats in 24 hours....its the coarse I ran.
Next weekend more coats of Z2Pro. (after about 5-7 coats....you'll blind people)

The other thread
Old 4/10/05, 11:22 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@April 10, 2005, 11:08 AM
It's so pricy though. Oh well, I guess only the best for the '05. If I wanted to just start off with trying one thing and didn't want to buy the whole kit... what do you recommend?
I was hesistant at first as well. Until I used it! Very user friendly.
What I did was used dawn to wash the car reall good dried it off and then applied the Z2 and ZFX flash accelerator. two coats was awesome on my performance white Mustang.
I was concerned about using it in the S.Fla sun so I emailed them and they responded very quickly saying that it can be used in the sun, just make sure the surface of the car is not too hot. Did mine in the morning so no problems there.
Here is my Zaino thread!
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=20300
Old 4/10/05, 11:36 AM
I lust for a M24

Dish soap on a car??? It's a good thing you're using a high quality wax after that!
Old 4/10/05, 11:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

its not caranuba wax or whatever. it has no additives liek meguires and such. it is pure wax. it is faster applying and faster to take off. easier to do both as well and you get a finish equal to or better than any other car wax out there. try it once and youll never go back to meguires.
Old 4/10/05, 11:38 AM
Cobra Member

Yes I was frightened as well, but its only once...You could get the clay-bar then. Good thing that there are great instructions included in the box.
Old 4/10/05, 12:50 PM
Bullitt Member

I just reordered and I paid about $84 delivered.
Old 4/10/05, 01:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

One thing I would like some opinions on.. here in N Texas its dusty.... I use Mequires and I always have a layer of dust on the car the next morning.. Its like Meguires attracts it. Is it the same with Zanios??
Old 4/10/05, 01:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Thunder Road@April 10, 2005, 1:08 PM
One thing I would like some opinions on.. here in N Texas its dusty.... I use Mequires and I always have a layer of dust on the car the next morning.. Its like Meguires attracts it. Is it the same with Zanios??
If you live in a dusty place, there is nothing that will prevent your car from being covered in dust except a garage, a ar cover, or same detailing spray used daily.
Old 4/10/05, 02:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 94tbird@April 10, 2005, 11:41 AM
its not caranuba wax or whatever. it has no additives liek meguires and such. it is pure wax. it is faster applying and faster to take off. easier to do both as well and you get a finish equal to or better than any other car wax out there. try it once and youll never go back to meguires.
:scratch: OK you lost me! FYI Zaino is not a wax at all, but a polymer sealant. There are products that provide better results, but I have not found one that looks as nice while lasting for more than a couple of weeks. I prefer Zaino's because I only want to do a full detail on my car 3-4 times a year....not every other week like you have to with true waxes. If you have a true "Show" car you may want to try poorboys, clearkote, or pinnacle for the absolute deepest most wet looking shine. But, If you drive your car regularly, I recommend Zaino. :worship:
Old 4/10/05, 02:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@April 10, 2005, 12:08 PM
It's really not expensive if used correctly. Most people use too much! You should be able to polish any Mustang with just 1/2 ounce of Zaino polish. I'd definitely suggest the starter kit.

I've been using their products for the past five years on all of my Fords and am extremely pleased with the results. It protects well, applies easily, and doesn't leave "dust" in body seams like wax. Oh yeah, looks great too!
Old 4/10/05, 02:20 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Here is my take....Zaino is popular because of the internet hype.

Go to a real car show and ask what people use on their priceless classics...Meguiars.
Old 4/10/05, 04:23 PM
Cobra Member

ibefor ezano`s made wax the painted cars . i personally know one of there cars that was painted over 20yrs ago. if you see this car it is simply stunning. and the owner of the car uses the was from them as well . has to be the best looking car in the world. i stand by there wax it made my dull looking 92 gt look just as good as some of the cars out there. try it once and you will never use anything else.

Quick Reply: What's the Big Deal?