Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

All my fears are realized!

Search this Thread

Old 9/29/05, 06:48 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by HorsC@September 29, 2005, 12:45 AM
you hit the nail on the head...only thing that stinks is when keyed it doesn't matter where you are parked if they want to do it bad enough they will...and as for parking out of the way...that will never happen...it is proven that there are more students than parking spots and the fartest ones from campus are probably the WORST ones to park in at my school cause its designated for freshman and "upperclassman overflow." i KNEW this was going to happen i just didn't know when, everyone joked w/ me about it too...i wanted to go get some of those big plastic cones and put them at all four corners of my car but then i realized i would probably get it even worse for TRYING to protect it...which is probably true...but your right...cant have anything nice, if anyone you don't know has to be around it.
I keep telling my husband I wish we could get some Star Trek technology for our car.. (I'm such a geek!).. we could put up "shields" like they do on star trek. But rather than having shields to deflect enemy fire it would be to deflect idiots from hitting our cars while driving or from idiots in parking lots!! -Marci
Old 9/29/05, 06:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mustangjack@September 29, 2005, 3:46 AM
Wouldn't your insurance have fixed this? It is comprehensive and if the car was legally parked, at least in Michigan, the deductible is usually waved.
Who do you have insurance with? I live in Michigan, and I have never heard of the deductible being waived because of vandalism. However, I also do not understand how it could cost the guy $1200 to fix the car, the highest deductible I know of is $1000.
Old 9/29/05, 08:06 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
clubbing baby seals makes me feel better
Old 9/29/05, 08:09 AM
GT Member

That really sucks. This is one thing I've feared when I get my car. I live in a big city and I live on a busy street and sidewalk. I have a drive way but no less then 100 people walk buy every day.

I am planning on installing a video camera and motion sensor light in front of my house. I priced them and they aren't that expensive. Besides it being a deterrent for destroying my car it will deter people from breaking in the house.
Old 9/29/05, 08:14 AM

While my brother was at work last June (a month after he got his car), a piece of trash co-worker (neither my brother or this guy work there anymore) left early and keyed his car, both sides, from the front end all the way to the back.....very, very deeply, down to the metal. My brother filed a police report, because it was obvious it was him. After talking to the insurance company (Allstate), my brother found out he was covered for the repairs. All he had to pay was the $500 deductible, which was MUCH less then having to pay for the whole thing. And since it was not damage done to an accident and it was out of his control, they didn't raise his premiums. He had to give a copy of the police report to Allstate as well. Talk to your insurance agent and see what he/she says about the keying. You may be able to find a repair shop to fix both things; if insurance covers the keying, the shop may fix that and your insurance will pay it and you could make a deal to have them fix the other damage at the same time for substantially less or they could include the cost in the keying damage cost and charge the insurance company.

BTW, the kid who keyed my brothers car has other things to worry about, like getting f**ked in the a** every night. About a month ago, him and 2 buddies tried to rob a gas station of gas and money and then the clerk wouldn't comply they beat him. This kid hit the clerk in the head a bunch of times with a lead pipe and is in jail on attempted murder charges, as well as robbery, assault with a deadly weapon and other charges.
Old 9/29/05, 08:47 AM
V6 Member

that's why i have a '94 Geo Tracker to drive to work - i could care less if that thing got hit - scratched - engulfed in flames - etc, etc....
Old 9/29/05, 09:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Celeste, I'm really sorry to hear about that happening to your car. Pisses me off just reading about it. Hopefully the person that did that will get run over by a bus.
Old 9/29/05, 10:51 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by HorsC@September 28, 2005, 8:06 PM
At some point in time today while i was at school someone KEYED MY CAR Its a big scratch from under the door handle on the driver side all the way to near the gas cap cover....I was at the gym on campus when it happened and so i was hoping they had security camaras or something in the parking lot...but of course they DIDN'T they said the only thing i could do was file a report w/ the CAMPUS police....and they even said "but they probably won't do to much about it, cause theres not way to know who did it"

....so now i have to get this fixed...its one thing right after the other...

last week at school (i'm guessing...it couldn't have been anywheres else) someone backed into the back of my car and then left...i didn't even notice it was there till i was washing it a couple days later and noticed the paint chipped off in places....

This really makes me want to have a hunk of junk just to drive to school and back... at least now though i will be able to get all this fixed at once and it won't have to go in the shop two times in the same month! Does anyone know of any methods that fix fairly deep scrathes w/out having to get it repainted? SOME PEOPLE!!!
The same thing happened to me in my previous car, a 97 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD. I came out of a restaurant and BOTH sides had long gashes almost bumper to bumper. I was horrified. I know how you feel .
Yeah, it wasn't a musclecar, but it was still a nice car. Too many jealous degenerates out there who don't want anyone else to have nice things.
Old 9/29/05, 11:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Shea@September 29, 2005, 8:59 AM
Who do you have insurance with? I live in Michigan, and I have never heard of the deductible being waived because of vandalism. However, I also do not understand how it could cost the guy $1200 to fix the car, the highest deductible I know of is $1000.
AAA, my wife's car was hit in the parking lot at work a few weeks ago. Of course we don't know who did it. The insurance picked it all up.
Old 9/29/05, 01:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Wink

Well my boyfriends father does this kind of work...he buys wrecked cars and fixes them to sell....and I'm gonna have him look at it because i know he will do his best to fix it w/out costing me an arm and a leg...If it is really expensive then i will probably have to just try what Ice said and wait till i can pay the deductable...i'm a poor college kid and my parents would pay for it but i really don't want them too....like some have said its not the end of the world and it could have been alot worse but it just really stinks to try SO hard to take care of something and then you not be able to protect it when someone w/ one two many stupid genes walks by...But thanks everyone for ya'lls kind words and ideas
Old 9/29/05, 03:51 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by mustangjack@September 29, 2005, 2:46 AM
Wouldn't your insurance have fixed this? It is comprehensive and if the car was legally parked, at least in Michigan, the deductible is usually waved.

My deductible is $500, so it would cost me that much to run it through the insurance and I called after it happened and they assured me would be paying $500...
Old 9/29/05, 09:18 PM
GTR Member

DUSTIN,You slay me
I came out of class once(back in the college days)and this piece of doo was about 6 inches from my car.I noticed it from about 100 yds out.I ran to my car on the way saying"please don't let there be any dents.well ,not only was there a huge dent,but their bookbag or something scraped the whole side as well.Lets put it this way...They needed to call a tow truck to get home
Old 9/29/05, 09:53 PM
GT Member

I hate lazy people that just wail the door open when they get out to haul their butts outta the car. My last car (2002) was dark blue and it has probably about 20-30 teeny dings on EACH SIDE after 2 years at College. I was treated to a hit and run for graduation after parking for 15 mins. I respect peoples property, even strangers, and even when a had a crappy truck.

That said I keyed a dudes car pretty bad one time, as he stole (back) my girl. Dude deserved it, he was a str8 up ******. This was obligatory. It was either key the car or punch him in the face (I always demand satisfaction). He deserved worse for his attitude.

Believe me, i'm one of the people who shudders when they hear about a car being keyed.

Screwing over people you don't know? That's just retarded.

-Christian
Old 9/30/05, 12:15 AM
GT Member

Sorry to hear that. Who ever did that will have that crap returned to them 10 fold. Not that that is much concilation to you now. I feel for you.
Old 9/30/05, 01:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

My rules for driving the Mustang:

1) Work parking lot = acceptable (only cause it's a small office and I know pretty much everyone here, and they're professionals)

2) Wal Mart lot = NEVER...WALK FIRST or ride a bike or bus

3) Bar parking lots = NEVER...drunks normally have 200 '85 Chevy pickups they can hit, but they won't. They will hit your nice shiny car.

4) Any mall parking lot = almost never, only acceptable on weeknights when hardly anyone visits the mall. NO WEEKENDS, NO HOLIDAYS especially.

5) Movie theater parking lots = weeknights only. Weekends bring out the kids, etc which is a total cra p shoot and more than likely will end in disaster.

6) City street = NEVER unless completely unavoidable. They present a great opportunity for someone to do something rotten and keep walking with limited eye witnesses

7) College/school parking lots = completely avoid. Park with the teachers or not at all

I'm sure everyone will say it's rediculous, but honestly, think about how many people on here have had their cars damaged without even being anywhere near them. You have to outsmart the knuckleheads.
Old 9/30/05, 01:48 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Sorry to hear this happened Celeste.
Old 9/30/05, 03:04 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Same thing happened to me too .The whole back bumper had to be replaced from some hit and run driver and the mustang wasn't even 2 months old
But like some of my friends pointed out now that it has happended the worry of the first ding or scratch is over ,it can be repainted and made like new again .
When you get a chance Celeste let us know how it turned out