Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

A/C hardly blowing out the vents

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/15, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C hardly blowing out the vents

I was looking in Consumer Reports and how they rate my 2011, as it turns out the climate system has issues. That fear was realized on my way home from PA today. Max AC wouldn't work, only a small amount of cold air was coming out the drivers side. After stopping for lunch. Max started working again. A couple hrs later started to fail again, but I just shut it off for 20 minutes while driving, afterwards it came back on. Please anyone with the same yr have similar experience, what was the problem and is it fixed. I'm sure Ford service won't be able to duplicate, so I don't want to be told nothing is wrong, at least I want to give them a direction to go in.
Old 9/8/15, 10:46 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
While I haven't experienced any issues (knock on wood), some possibilities I see are:

1) Low Freon - system will freeze up and starts working again when shut down and allowed to thaw.

2) Blend door actuator failing.
Old 9/14/15, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by DrisStang
I was looking in Consumer Reports and how they rate my 2011, as it turns out the climate system has issues. That fear was realized on my way home from PA today. Max AC wouldn't work, only a small amount of cold air was coming out the drivers side. After stopping for lunch. Max started working again. A couple hrs later started to fail again, but I just shut it off for 20 minutes while driving, afterwards it came back on. Please anyone with the same yr have similar experience, what was the problem and is it fixed. I'm sure Ford service won't be able to duplicate, so I don't want to be told nothing is wrong, at least I want to give them a direction to go in.

My 2011 did the opposite - started blowing cold only on passenger side - then it went back to working normally - a few weeks later the clutch in the compressor failed/melted !
Old 9/14/15, 06:20 PM

I took it in to the dealership, and they spent a whole day on it and the A/C would not act up. The only thing I was told was to bring it in as soon as it does without making an appointment. But was told it was one of 3 things, and none of it had anything to do with the clutch. This has become very frustrating. Nothing like having a mystery problem.