General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 4/30/08, 04:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by NYNY53
Guys I did a spur of the moment thing today......................................

I got me one of these............................................ Couldn't help myself got a great deal from my neighbor who is the GM at the Harley place

Really? Well you'll get much better gas mileage.
Old 4/30/08, 05:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
To all my pals..

Yeah, unfortunately we're all friends and I've dished out my share of friendly insults, all in good fun!

Phil.. you're crazy!
When I told you to go live large, I didn't mean to go and buy a Harley!
j/k.. nice bike! Be careful dude.
Old 4/30/08, 06:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys I did a spur of the moment thing today......................................

I got me one of these............................................ Couldn't help myself got a great deal from my neighbor who is the GM at the Harley place

A CHICK BIKE you went out and got a sportster, a CHICK bike, come on man. Man up and turn that thing in for a softtail.....

Joking, Phil. I have always wanted one but knew I'd spend too much money on it... a Mustang would be cheaper in the long-run....
Nice bike dude. ... so what are your first mods ??

Have fun with her, just be on the lookout for idiots. Loud Pipes Saves Lives
Old 4/30/08, 06:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be careful out there Phil!
Old 4/30/08, 07:11 PM
Cobra Member

I had a Sportster back in the 70's it was a 900 and it was a great time. Have a soft spot for the Sportster with the tear drop tank. I'll be careful guys.

I also picked up a new cannon while I'm at it ha

A S&W 500 although this is a picture of a 4in barrel I got the 6" barrel

I reload my cartridges so this is not so bad when it comes to buying rounds.

Last edited by NYNY53; 4/30/08 at 07:13 PM.
Old 4/30/08, 07:59 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
well goodness phil, looks like you had a heck of a day, a new bike and a new gun!

I think I would buy this instead of the Harley though

Last edited by StangMahn; 4/30/08 at 08:24 PM.
Old 4/30/08, 08:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Robbieg
Hey Jon, I just noticed your in Ellenton. I live in Parrish, were neighbors!
Dang dude we are neighbors. I live behind the Outlet mall on Mendoza RD. We'll have to meet up at a show or something! I've never seen your car around town. Just the same few.

Ok... S/C UPDATE. My car now idles perfect. No bogging down with A/C on/off. Car runs smooth. I played with it some more today, 3/4 throttle and its a BLAST! I took it from a roll to about 100 only at the 3/4 throttle,.. And on my way home from work from 80mph to over 110. This car BOOKS, and reaching over 100 is nothing.

I know one thing for sure, these tires I have wont have traction for crap. No issues yet but at 3rd gear pulls I can feel the power hit the ground insanly.

Oil change tomorrow, installing my new parts. GT500 pedals, door sills, and GMS strut bar. I'll try and sneek and upload pictures.
Old 4/30/08, 09:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

AND... I'm planning on ordering D-Spec's with adjusters tomorrow from Tillman. Maybe even order those BMR LCA's. Not sure though, I haven't really experienced wheel hop. I did once and it was a rainy day and I was on a bridge and I mashed the gas way to ahrd. But I think any car would have jumped in the same situation.

If I pass on the LCA's I'll buy some interior/engine goodies.

Last edited by JonCo; 4/30/08 at 09:41 PM.
Old 4/30/08, 11:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Please RSVP for Saturday guys. I gotta buy meat. So far Brian and George are a yes. Leo is a no.

Last edited by Ray Man; 4/30/08 at 11:11 PM.
Old 4/30/08, 11:33 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Meat & SoCal Peeps (C & C?)

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Please RSVP for Saturday guys. I gotta buy meat. So far Brian and George are a yes. Leo is a no.
I got some meat for ya!

About Wagyu
Are we eating Wagyu?

"Wagyu" is the Japanese word for beef. "wa" means Japanese style and "gyu" means beef. Kobe is the region where the Wagyu breed and feeding techniques for Wagyu cattle originated. Wagyu is a pure Japanese breed with records dating back to 1830. It is widely recognized as the best quality of beef due to its high degree of marbling which gives tenderness, juiciness, and flavor unrivaled by any other cattle anywhere in the world. Wagyu combines the USDA scale and the strict Japanese scale of grading Wagyu Kobe Beef to create a SUPER Prime grade. The ambiance and mystique are nearly as important in the eating experience as the melt in your mouth flavor and tenderness.

I have to work this Saturday but I think I can make it at 4:00. The Taco is coming not sure if were riding together or not. The Pamster might join us. Luis Luis! What's the story?

I may go to C & C before work! Is that nuts or what! SoCal PEEP's C & C?

Jed
Old 4/30/08, 11:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by JedCranium
I got some meat for ya!

About Wagyu
Are we eating Wagyu?

"Wagyu" is the Japanese word for beef. "wa" means Japanese style and "gyu" means beef. Kobe is the region where the Wagyu breed and feeding techniques for Wagyu cattle originated. Wagyu is a pure Japanese breed with records dating back to 1830. It is widely recognized as the best quality of beef due to its high degree of marbling which gives tenderness, juiciness, and flavor unrivaled by any other cattle anywhere in the world. Wagyu combines the USDA scale and the strict Japanese scale of grading Wagyu Kobe Beef to create a SUPER Prime grade. The ambiance and mystique are nearly as important in the eating experience as the melt in your mouth flavor and tenderness.

I have to work this Saturday but I think I can make it at 4:00. The Taco is coming not sure if were riding together or not. The Pamster might join us. Luis Luis! What's the story?

I may go to C & C before work! Is that nuts or what! SoCal PEEP's C & C?

Jed
Please bring your meat Jed!
Old 4/30/08, 11:44 PM
Cobra Member

I'll be going saturday Although, I will probably be arriving at 5 since I'm working that day.
Old 4/30/08, 11:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by superfly s197
I'll be going saturday Although, I will probably be arriving at 5 since I'm working that day.
SUPERFLY!!!

Sorry, I just had to say it!

It's cool on the time, less beer for you. We'll probably eat around 5:00 or 6:00 anyway.
Old 4/30/08, 11:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
Dang dude we are neighbors. I live behind the Outlet mall on Mendoza RD. We'll have to meet up at a show or something! I've never seen your car around town. Just the same few.

Ok... S/C UPDATE. My car now idles perfect. No bogging down with A/C on/off. Car runs smooth. I played with it some more today, 3/4 throttle and its a BLAST! I took it from a roll to about 100 only at the 3/4 throttle,.. And on my way home from work from 80mph to over 110. This car BOOKS, and reaching over 100 is nothing.

I know one thing for sure, these tires I have wont have traction for crap. No issues yet but at 3rd gear pulls I can feel the power hit the ground insanly.

Oil change tomorrow, installing my new parts. GT500 pedals, door sills, and GMS strut bar. I'll try and sneek and upload pictures.
AND... I'm planning on ordering D-Spec's with adjusters tomorrow from Tillman. Maybe even order those BMR LCA's. Not sure though, I haven't really experienced wheel hop. I did once and it was a rainy day and I was on a bridge and I mashed the gas way to ahrd. But I think any car would have jumped in the same situation.

If I pass on the LCA's I'll buy some interior/engine goodies.
Congrats on all of the above.
Old 4/30/08, 11:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by superfly s197
That's just like you Luis being fashionably late j/k NOT!

Is this a KEG party?

Jed

Last edited by JedCranium; 4/30/08 at 11:57 PM.
Old 5/1/08, 12:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

That's just like you Luis being fashionably late j/k NOT!

Is this a KEG party?

Jed

All so true.

I have beer left over from the service, 12 Corona and 12 Bud Light and a few (3) Becks. Bring additional if you think that wont do.

Come on Leo... you're going to miss some great grub!

Last edited by Ray Man; 5/1/08 at 12:36 AM.
Old 5/1/08, 12:42 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

This is cute...

Roger The Cat

Enjoy Jed
Old 5/1/08, 04:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, your only a couple minutes away. I'm off of Old Tampa rd behind the new Publix. Small world. Let me know if you need any help with your new parts install, I happen to be off today.
Old 5/1/08, 07:59 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I also picked up a new cannon while I'm at it ha

A S&W 500 although this is a picture of a 4in barrel I got the 6" barrel
Old fashion wheel gun.
I'm partial to Glocks.

Ok... S/C UPDATE. ...This car BOOKS, and reaching over 100 is nothing.
Very cool Jon!

Time for a radar detector.

We're 99% in.. Me, Pam, Chris and Kai.

I have beer left over from the service, 12 Corona and 12 Bud Light and a few (3) Becks. Bring additional if you think that wont do.

Ray, I'll bring the limes, spirits and ice!
Maybe pupus too!

C'mon Leo..

This is cute...

Roger The Cat
I'll show that to Pam later, she'll like it.
Old 5/1/08, 08:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

All so true.

I'll have to take a rain check. We really want to go but we've already got plans.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)