General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 3/25/08, 09:42 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
From their current auction description...

" Private Label Silver PowderCoated Finish Pro Kit ! "

I don't doubt this 'Private Label' thing, but because I've never heard of this, I'm going to call Eibach in the morning and verify this.

To my knowledge, I thought all springs were painted because of springing action and not powdercoated because it'll crack.

edit: Comment from of their negative ratings;

Not original Eibach product. Item was used and listed as new.
Eibach Pro Kit Mustang Lowering Springs V8 05-08 (#300206849145)
The silver spring question has been brought up before. Here is the thread http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...h+Springs+Ebay There is a response from 91svtcoupe on there about his contact with UPR.

Last edited by officespace56; 3/25/08 at 09:46 AM.
Old 3/25/08, 10:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
After seeing Leo's post..
MGW vs. SHR
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...=464358&page=2

I'd rather not do business with UPR. I have their billet stub antenna and a couple A/C caps (thanks Tom!), but that's about it for UPR.

Matt, I'm sure the spings will work out fine for you, just that UPR hits a chord like GMS with me.
Old 3/25/08, 10:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by habu
Returned it back to brandmotion for a full refund.

They were very helpful.
Good to hear.

After seeing Leo's post..
MGW vs. SHR
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...=464358&page=2

I'd rather not do business with UPR. I have their billet stub antenna and a couple A/C caps (thanks Tom!), but that's about it for UPR.

Matt, I'm sure the spings will work out fine for you, just that UPR hits a chord like GMS with me.
I always knew UPR ripped stuff off. That's not the reason I don't by from them though. I don't buy from them because the look and quality of their products doesn't compare to MGW or SHR.
Old 3/25/08, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I don't buy from them because the look and quality of their products doesn't compare to MGW or SHR.
You bought the same stubby antenna I did.

j/k.. I know what you mean.
Old 3/25/08, 11:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

You bought the same stubby antenna I did.

j/k.. I know what you mean.
It's funny that the only two pieces I have from them are one's they didn't copy and one's that only the offer.
Old 3/25/08, 12:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by mikes rx
No Iphone here either.

BTW, I have a question for all you Camera people.

I'm going to buy Photoshop, as I can still get some GREAT deals as a student before graduation (I guess graduate school as some perks ), and I'm starting to get more into photography as a hobby.

Anyway, I can get Photoshop CS3 extended, or for about $35 more get Creative Suite 3 standard, which gives me (most importantly for me) Acrobat Professional. The only downside to standard is that it is the regular photoshop, not the extended.

From those that have photoshop CS3, do you think I really need the extended. It seems like it just gives 3D animation stuff, which I don't think I need, but am not sure.

BTW, this is MUSTANG RELATED!!! because most of my pics are on cars (especially mustangs). Will that make a difference in deciding which photoshop?

Do you think I should get the standard suite for my use, since I have a definite use in acrobat pro? Would the photoshop extended be needless in my application?

TIA. I know this probably could have been asked a specific part of the forum, but I wanted a response that was POTR specific, as we have everyone from hobby to professional photographers on this thread

Mike
Hi Mike I use Photoshop alot in your case I would get CS3 Standard looks like you will get more use out of it. At home I use Photoshp CS on the PC, The Mac has PS-CS3 and at work I have PS- 6 (stoneage I know!) I added a link of my workflow if your interested.

Jed's Photo Workflow

Last edited by JedCranium; 3/25/08 at 12:08 PM.
Old 3/25/08, 12:49 PM
Cobra Member

Mike - Why not just pirate I don't have the money to buy.

Cs3 is great. I would dish out the $35 extra. You will get more and personally, I never use the 3d stuff. Cs3 standard should be just fine especially since it will be mustang related. Have you ever played with ps?
Old 3/25/08, 01:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like an install party, SoCal Style!
That means you'll be the 'host' of Pizza & Beer. Everyone's had their turn in the gauntlet Ray, now it's your turn.

Leo, will need your help with the UDP since you got that flywheel holddown nut mastered from your car (Ray's is an Auto too).

As far as dates, that's a tough one. You can't install the springs until I install the Pro's and D-Specs, and the soonest date I'm getting my car back may be the 12th. We'll have to wing the dates as everything depends on when I get the car back.

As for price, how's a 100 bones sound (POTR discount applied)? I paid ~275 shipped for these things.

Be aware that you'll need an alignment after this or risk uneven tire wear.
Sounds great, just let me know when the possible dates are.
Old 3/25/08, 02:44 PM

Will do Ray.

UPS shows my Canton stuff delivered today! I'm going to try and polish them up with the Mothers Powerball. I'll take pics.
Old 3/25/08, 03:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Hi Mike I use Photoshop alot in your case I would get CS3 Standard looks like you will get more use out of it. At home I use Photoshp CS on the PC, The Mac has PS-CS3 and at work I have PS- 6 (stoneage I know!) I added a link of my workflow if your interested.

Jed's Photo Workflow

Originally Posted by superfly s197
Mike - Why not just pirate I don't have the money to buy.

Cs3 is great. I would dish out the $35 extra. You will get more and personally, I never use the 3d stuff. Cs3 standard should be just fine especially since it will be mustang related. Have you ever played with ps?
Thanks for the help guys. Jed, your photos are always INCREDIBLE. Now we know your secret

In response to using PS before: No, mainly because of the wicked MSRP price. But, with only about 6 weeks until graduation, I decided that now's the time to purchase the software I want. After that, no more academic discount.

In response to pirating: just something I don't partake in.

thanks again for all of y'all help.

Last edited by mikes rx; 3/25/08 at 04:56 PM.
Old 3/25/08, 03:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Tom- If you were still thinking about those headlight splitters...

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=465886
Old 3/25/08, 05:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

One step closer... Ordered 4(of the 5) silicon couplers for the s/c install! The last one wont be able to be order for another 6-8 weeks. I had to go through another company which Paxton arranged for me to order through. But that company is special ordering there own batch. Its the odd 55 degree bend silicon connection piece. But atleast the rest will be black
Old 3/25/08, 05:31 PM
Cobra Member

Jon - Congrats

Mike - Google Cs3 tutorials. That's the best way to learn IMO. You learn about short cuts, what does what, and how different ways you can go about to getting the same result

Now you have me in the mood to edit.
Old 3/25/08, 05:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by superfly s197
Mike - Google Cs3 tutorials. That's the best way to learn IMO. You learn about short cuts, what does what, and how different ways you can go about to getting the same result
Will do. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 3/25/08, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by JonCo
One step closer... Ordered 4(of the 5) silicon couplers for the s/c install! The last one wont be able to be order for another 6-8 weeks. I had to go through another company which Paxton arranged for me to order through. But that company is special ordering there own batch. Its the odd 55 degree bend silicon connection piece. But atleast the rest will be black
Good deal Jon!

It's a race to see who's gets installed first!
Old 3/25/08, 08:35 PM

Cantons are in! Both the coolant tank and P/S reservior came in undamaged.

I'm leaving the PS reservior in its packaging until Hector gives it the thumbs up (being that its for a SN95) on whether it fits into his plans on its new location.

I started polishing the coolant tank today with Chris using my new Mothers Mini-PowerBall. Using the Mag & Aluminum polish, it made a big difference in the finish. Not quite mirror yet, but I'll work on it some more tomorrow.

Out of the box

We first tried the Mothers Metal Polish, didn't perform well

Then we moved onto the Mag & Aluminum polish.. much better!

PowerBall in action!

Almost there.. need more elbow grease!

Old 3/25/08, 08:56 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Those look awsome... I want some now.... Dang you Bill...

Ok, so guages, d-specs, lca, relocation(?), engine bling(canton toys, GMS double strut bar in chrome, chrome hood prop(?)...) Seems like a good line up.

Ok, someone help. Where do you buy those hood props which aren't hood props. They only lift the hood halfway and there like bars? Maybes its not something you buy but make, I dunno. No idea what there called.
Old 3/25/08, 08:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Good deal Jon!

It's a race to see who's gets installed first!
I know right? I was hoping for an install date of the beggining of March now I'm hoping for first week of April. Who will get it out first?

You doing any type of dyno pulls? To get print outs
Old 3/25/08, 09:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Those look awesome Bill. You like the mag and aluminum polish? I might have to try some. I don't really have a go-to metal polish.
Old 3/25/08, 09:31 PM

Those look awsome... I want some now.... Dang you Bill...

Ok, so guages, d-specs, lca, relocation(?), engine bling(canton toys, GMS double strut bar in chrome, chrome hood prop(?)...) Seems like a good line up.

Ok, someone help. Where do you buy those hood props which aren't hood props. They only lift the hood halfway and there like bars? Maybes its not something you buy but make, I dunno. No idea what there called.
Thanks Jon. Polishing is hard work! Its no wonder why I don't see any polished Canton tanks.

I have the MRT hood struts. They can be positioned so the hood is halfway open or when opened all the way, is higher than the prop rod.

I know right? I was hoping for an install date of the beggining of March now I'm hoping for first week of April. Who will get it out first?

You doing any type of dyno pulls? To get print outs
Yup, planning on taking it to the dyno after all 'appears' to be running normal and stabilized. More important than HP and TQ to me is where that A/F line will be. If good and safe, my focus will switch to the all mighty HP number.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)