General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 3/26/08, 05:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tom281
Bill, weren't you looking for springs?

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4834
Still am, but decided against the Sportlines. I think it may be too radical of a drop (~1/2" lower than the Pro kit) and might possibly give me riding conditions at the fender lips and DS to tunnel.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new set of Pro's, unless I see a better deal in the For Sale thread.
Old 3/26/08, 05:30 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jed avoids exploison on lunch break!

So first day back at I decide to go to lunch at my local Quiznos. While eating a Prime Rib Ranchero I and a co-worker smell something burning. Maybe it's the kitchen? So we kept eating eventually we left and it smelled like burning plastic outside even more. Hummm? Right then other people noticed black smoke coming from the top of a utlity door, we mentioned this to a LAX cop he didn't seen that interested I think he was more hungry than thinking about public safety. So we got back to CPK, low and behold an hour later we see this on the news...

Jed's got 9 lives!

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...cal&id=6043881

Last edited by JedCranium; 3/26/08 at 05:33 PM.
Old 3/26/08, 05:35 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by JedCranium
So first day back at I decide to go to lunch at my local Quiznos. While eating a Prime Rib Ranchero I and a co-worker smell something burning. Maybe it's the kitchen? So we kept eating eventually we left and it smelled like burning plastic outside even more. Hummm? Right then other people noticed black smoke coming from the top of a utlity door, we mentioned this to a LAX cop he didn't seen that interested I think he was more hungry than thinking about public safety. So we got back to CPK, low and behold an hour later we see this on the news...

Jed's got 9 lives!

Holy cow Jed. Now that's a story. I'm glad to see that you're ok.
Old 3/26/08, 05:45 PM

More importantly, how was that Prime Rib Ranchero?

j/k Jed, glad you were able to finish lunch and get the hell out! Looks like you used #2 of your 9 Lives. Name:  9_lives.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  44.7 KB
Old 3/26/08, 05:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Bill, weren't you looking for springs?

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4834

Haha, those are listed on here too. They are a little overpriced. I sold mine for like $140 when I got rid of them.
Old 3/26/08, 05:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Jed's got 9 lives!
WOW! is that in the shopping center just passed in and out? on the left going away from LAX? if it is I used to eat there all the time!
Old 3/26/08, 05:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jed's got 9 lives!

So now we'll get a version of Jed Can 'Splode
Old 3/26/08, 05:56 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
More importantly, how was that Prime Rib Ranchero?

j/k Jed, glad you were able to finish lunch and get the hell out! Looks like you used #2 of your 9 Lives. Attachment 55839
Jed Can Explod highly recommends the Prime Rib Ranchero on white it gets a The Sammies sandwiches I would avoid, not a man's meal

Jed It's 5:00 o clock time to check out!

Last edited by JedCranium; 3/26/08 at 05:59 PM.
Old 3/26/08, 06:07 PM

So we got back to CPK, low and behold an hour later we see this on the news...
Bad news.. 1 of 3 injured firefighters from this explosion has died.
Old 3/26/08, 06:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Crud. That's not good to hear. They run into a fire when everyone else runs out. It's something I don't think I could do on my best day.

Jed I did also meant to convey I am very glad you got out without injury. At least there is some good news.

Last edited by habu; 3/26/08 at 06:31 PM.
Old 3/26/08, 06:49 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I've gotten paid to do a lot of non-work related things... some even non-car related.
I've been paid a few times to drive a ways. I like making $350-$400 for driving my car to deliver a few machines.

Jed's got 9 lives!

whoa, that's scary as crap

Originally Posted by habu
Crud. That's not good to hear. They run into a fire when everyone else runs out. It's something I don't think I could do on my best day.

Jed I did also meant to convey I am very glad you got out without injury. At least there is some good news.
I couldnt do it either, thats why all of the firefighters, police, military people get a super major from me.

As far as the sportlines go, Bill, I think they would put you right on the edge of scraping...everything, the prokit is probably a better choice overall.
Old 3/26/08, 07:03 PM
GTR Member

I've gotten paid to do a lot of non-work related things... some even non-car related.
Originally Posted by StangMahn
I've been paid a few times to drive a ways. I like making $350-$400 for driving my car to deliver a few machines.
Not quite what I was talking about...

----------------------

Glad you are ok, Jed!
Old 3/26/08, 08:48 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'm now a believer in the Mothers Billet Polish!!

This was the 'finisher' polish I was saving til the end just to spiff it up. Instead, it layed down a mirror like finish!
Before (Chris' reflection)
Comparison between the Mag & Aluminum Polish and the Billet Metal Polish
Final buff (yeah, that's my work PC )
Wow... I want...

George WTF !!! I hate when a vendor does that. Have they even shipped it yet ? It'd be somewhat OK if you knew up front but this is what 2 weeks now of nothing.

Let's just say I reached the point of no return now.
Wheels....

Since I haven't gotten a for sure if a 275/40 would be big enough I decided to go staggered, not my first choice though. 18x9 up front 18x10 in back. I love the look of the bullitt and the FR500 tire and if I had the money the CS67 wheel.

Everywhere I looked a chrome Torq Thrust is about 300 bucks for the rear and over 200 in the front. The anthracite is quite a bit less and I do like that look.

Or the chrome ones.
Go with the Shelby Torque Thrust M's. There from tirerack right? I have the same ones in black and 20". Love them. Just for the center cap alone there better then the others IMO

Originally Posted by superfly s197
brian - discount tire they're 5 minutes from my house and have always been great. Always hook it up and stand by their work/products.

now you have me thinking of the chrome shelby torque thrusts. So hard to choose
If I had to do it again I'd go with some Shelby Redlines to accomodate a big brake kit. I may switch over next year or so...

Jed's got 9 lives!

WOW, glad your ok. Talk about being at the wrong place at the wrong time!

Thats sad... Prayers go out to his family...
Old 3/26/08, 09:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by JonCo
Wow... I want...

HOLY crap how did I miss your post Bill ?? (probably because our network sux and it was taking forever to download the pic). Wow, just wow. You know I'm gonna want these more once I see yours right. I am really looking forward to seeing your car at R&R (will it be done by then ?)

Go with the Shelby Torque Thrust M's. There from tirerack right? I have the same ones in black and 20". Love them. Just for the center cap alone there better then the others IMO

If I had to do it again I'd go with some Shelby Redlines to accomodate a big brake kit. I may switch over next year or so...
The more I see the Torq Thrust M's the more I like them. Even if they are very similar to the knock offs I would know. Still a little more expensive that I would hope but I might be able to get around that (I hope... so much for gauges). Wouldn't the 18x9s fit over a bigger brake ?? If not I can live with it, but was kinda hoping an aftermarket 18 would work.
Old 3/26/08, 09:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I dont think the wider rim could accomodate the big brake kits. I could be wrong. Doesn't it have to do with offsets?
Old 3/26/08, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by StangMahn
As far as the sportlines go, Bill, I think they would put you right on the edge of scraping...everything, the prokit is probably a better choice overall.
I'm thinking the samething David.

Not quite what I was talking about...
I know what you're talking about.

Wow... I want...
Do it.. Do it.. Do it. It's only money Jon, you can make more later.

HOLY crap how did I miss your post Bill ?? (probably because our network sux and it was taking forever to download the pic). Wow, just wow. You know I'm gonna want these more once I see yours right. I am really looking forward to seeing your car at R&R (will it be done by then ?)
I'm totally happy the way the Canton came out. Using a combination of the Mag & Aluminum and the Billet Polish was the hot tip.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my car will be done and complete by the 12th.
Old 3/26/08, 10:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Jed's got 9 lives!
Wow Jed, and you want to take your chances at Pinks (and take other people with you)?! I think somebody's trying to tell you something.
Old 3/26/08, 10:32 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I know what you're talking about.

Do it.. Do it.. Do it. It's only money Jon, you can make more later.

I'm totally happy the way the Canton came out. Using a combination of the Mag & Aluminum and the Billet Polish was the hot tip.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my car will be done and complete by the 12th.
I love that scene from Starsky and Hutch! "Do it!"
What are yall talking about, I guess it flew right over my head

The Canton tanks came out fantastic, and those are some pretty nice welds besides. Im definately awaiting on your car to get finished, I wanna see a POTR test supercharged style.

On another note, the interior view of Project Sledgehammer (still trying to come up with a better name) has been started...that being said, it'll probably take me about a week to two, depending on what my weekend turns out to be. I know I have to wash my car this weekend, the stupid pollen is making it look awful! I need a GARAGE!

Last edited by StangMahn; 3/26/08 at 10:33 PM.
Old 3/26/08, 10:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Thats sad... Prayers go out to his family...
Thanks for the well wishes guys, that was really sad to hear that one of the three Firefighters died. As I went home from work there's a Fire station just south of the incident. You could tell that there was some unrest there because three of their brothers were injured. JonCo said it best Prayers go out to the families of these modern day gardians

Firemans Creed
Old 3/26/08, 11:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Okay back to Stangs!

The mods just keep coming it's great to see all of you working toward the perfect Stang This week after Cars & Coffee on Saturday I'll finaly complete my oil change to Mobil 1. I hope to pick up my last wheel to complete the wheel install. Lastly I have to wash the Roush it's filthy. If I have time I need to install my Hide A Plate. This requires pulling the front facia, I don't know If I'll have enough time to do this in one day. Most people I talk to say pulling the front facia is easy humm.

Jed

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)