Old 3/28/08, 10:46 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Payment may require all 4!
Old 3/28/08, 11:27 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill

Payment may require all 4!
Man for the ZO6 I would give my right nut, hey wait a minute I don't have a right nut

Testicular Cancer Survior 6 years

Jed

ps: I'm still down on my PC at work I hope I don't get busted for being on TMS now I know what it feels like Brian. I wonder on the Nexus gauges if they are to big of a style departure from my side post Ultralites? They sure look slick with those needles jumping around

Jed
Old 3/28/08, 11:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ZO6... They're awesome cars but for me... Meh.... It's a Chevy and that's something I just can't do.
Old 3/28/08, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by JedCranium
I wonder on the Nexus gauges if they are to big of a style departure from my side post Ultralites?
I wouldn't mix n' match, might look goofy. You can always switch all your gauges to Nexus and sell the Ultralites to Brian or Leo.

Originally Posted by habu
ZO6... They're awesome cars but for me... Meh.... It's a Chevy and that's something I just can't do.
George, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's one bowtie emblem anywhere on the Vette. I don't see the Vette as a Chevy, it's a radical departure from the rest of their car line... it's their flagship performance car.
Old 3/28/08, 12:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

I wouldn't mix n' match, might look goofy. You can always switch all your gauges to Nexus and sell the Ultralites to Brian or Leo.

George, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's one bowtie emblem anywhere on the Vette. I don't see the Vette as a Chevy, it's a radical departure from the rest of their car line... it's their flagship performance car.
It's not hard to find it if you look

<edited because I can't speel>

Last edited by habu; 3/28/08 at 12:49 PM.
Old 3/28/08, 12:39 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

It's not hard to find it you look
Hey Bill the rims have the flag does that count?

Jed
Old 3/28/08, 12:54 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
The new 2009 ZR1

I dont consider it a chevy either, it's a corvette, but it's nothing like anything else that chevy has...except it has a cobalt's steering wheel.
Old 3/28/08, 12:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Quick opinion guys...

wheels & tires is gonna run me 1800 or so bucks installed. I can get the Nitto 555s for about 100 buck cheaper than the KDW NT like Leo has. Should I go with the Nitto tires for 1800 or the BF Goodrich KDW2's ???

Only thing is, I was planning on spending about 1500 or less for the wheels/tire combos and hoped to use the rest for gauges. At 1900 bucks I'm not 400 bucks over wheel and tire budget cutting into my gauge money.... argh . At this rate I might as well spend 2K on wheels and tires and just be over the whole dang thing. Oh yeah... I still have to consider the Adj Panhard into the equation.

With ANY luck I should have my new shoes by R&R on the 16th.
Old 3/28/08, 01:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Overseas they sell the vette with Cadillacs or as a separate brand.

I painted over the bowtie on mine

Quick opinion guys...
Cant wait to see the new shoes Brian

I finally cut down my whip antenna!
Old 3/28/08, 01:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Quick opinion guys...

wheels & tires is gonna run me 1800 or so bucks installed. I can get the Nitto 555s for about 100 buck cheaper than the KDW NT like Leo has. Should I go with the Nitto tires for 1800 or the BF Goodrich KDW2's ???

Only thing is, I was planning on spending about 1500 or less for the wheels/tire combos and hoped to use the rest for gauges. At 1900 bucks I'm not 400 bucks over wheel and tire budget cutting into my gauge money.... argh . At this rate I might as well spend 2K on wheels and tires and just be over the whole dang thing. Oh yeah... I still have to consider the Adj Panhard into the equation.

With ANY luck I should have my new shoes by R&R on the 16th.
Humm I don't have a clue what is your driving style? Which tire is best suited for your style? You're the BURNOUT king so maybe the Nitto's are a more economical replacement tire down the road. Leo's tires look like they will hook up better but I think he mentioned once that during drag launches he broke traction maybe because of the 4:10 gears? Can't wait when your baby has new shoe's R & R is coming fast!

In the end it's only money!

Do it Do it!

Jed
Old 3/28/08, 01:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

In the end it's only money!

Do it Do it!

Jed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmUZG...eature=related

Last edited by USMC0341; 3/28/08 at 01:38 PM.
Old 3/28/08, 01:37 PM

Brian: Guess I never noticed that little bowtie in the logo before.

On the tires, get the Triple Nickels if it's the better deal for you. I've read that they're great performing tires. How they compare to the KDW's, I dunno.
For me, it's looking like the Toyo Proxes 4. They're the only performance 20" that come in 295's at the overall diameter that I want to stay in.

At first, I wanted to stick with the ol' all American brand stuff on the Mustang, but blew it with the Alpine and (soon to be) D-Specs & Eibach(?).

Last edited by TacoBill; 3/28/08 at 01:38 PM.
Old 3/28/08, 01:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

On the tires, get the Triple Nickels if it's the better deal for you. I've read that they're great performing tires. How they compare to the KDW's, I dunno.
For me, it's looking like the Toyo Proxes 4. They're the only performance 20" that come in 295's at the overall diameter that I want to stay in.

At first, I wanted to stick with the ol' all American brand stuff on the Mustang, but blew it with the Alpine and (soon to be) D-Specs & Eibach(?).
Look for the Union Lable! The Stang is more foreign than domestic than we all realize. So the made in America folks just take a deep breath and STFU

It's a World Economy!

Mustang made in the USA?

T - minus 7 hours until Pinks Tube Steak

Jed

Last edited by JedCranium; 3/28/08 at 02:20 PM.
Old 3/28/08, 02:25 PM

What happened to the chili cheeseburger?
Old 3/28/08, 02:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yeah I know, it's all I could come up with

295s Very nice. I could go 295 and have a taller tire but I think for the first try the 285 ought to be big enough. I don't know the Toyo's well enough to know how they stack up.

Look for the Union Lable! The Stang is more foreign than domestic than we all realize. So the made in America folks just take a deep breath and STFU

It's a World Economy!

Jed
Yeah, yeah... It's that argument that Toyota has been using to justify that they are more of an american car than an american car. I'm on the side of the fence that won't buy into the marketing campaign(whose primary goal was to get into NASCAR). (and it is a marketing campaign. They had the comparisons, which your link draws on, on their Intranet as soon as the Mustang was made)

Anywho back on topic....
Nittos will be cheaper and although I LOVE the tread pattern of the BFGs I may have to stick to Nittos......

SO next Tire mod will be a set of 17" with DRs !!!!

Wonder how much I can get for my Bullitts. Curb rash and all ??

Last edited by habu; 3/28/08 at 02:30 PM.
Old 3/28/08, 02:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

What happened to the chili cheeseburger?
I'm getting a burger also but only if its from an American cow

Hamburger!

Jed

Last edited by JedCranium; 3/28/08 at 03:07 PM.
Old 3/28/08, 03:11 PM

Wonder how much I can get for my Bullitts. Curb rash and all ??
If you can get $600 for them, that's pretty good.

I'm getting a burger also but only if its from an American cow
Well, that rules out the Mexican chili tamale.
mmm.. those are tasty!
Old 3/28/08, 04:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

If you can get $600 for them, that's pretty good.

Well, that rules out the Mexican chili tamale.
mmm.. those are tasty!

Will you guys stop it with the Pink's talk.... I'm stuck here at work and you're making me hungry

That's just no fair

Oh Wait... I get to go to Famous Dave's BBQ....

Old 3/28/08, 04:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Figured out how to post from work, fairly like... Opened up my macbook on the other part of my desk/cube and I'm now "coding" away from prying eyes....
muaahahahahaha
Old 3/28/08, 04:52 PM
Cobra Member

Will you guys stop it with the Pink's talk.... I'm stuck here at work and you're making me hungry

That's just no fair

Oh Wait... I get to go to Famous Dave's BBQ....

Oh man Brian thats looks so yummy, I really, really like ribs, natter of fact I'm cooking up about 8 racks of baby back rib racks this week end on the ole Webber can't wait my mouth is watering as I type and as I drink this beer lol

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)