General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 3/12/08, 06:39 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Oh boy Bill, it wont be too much longer before we see some big burnouts at your testing site!
Old 3/12/08, 07:30 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
Oh boy Bill, it wont be too much longer before we see some big burnouts at your testing site!
Too bad I'm so far away... we could have a Turbocharger -vs- Supercharger competition!
Old 3/12/08, 07:54 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by NYNY53
Yes I'm fast approaching 4000 miles myself but mine is a daily driver and I'm almost at my 1 yr anniversary, just a few weeks away.
Coming up on my 2yr. and I am hanging on to 6000mi. until the snow goes away (soon I hope).
Old 3/12/08, 08:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Too bad I'm so far away... we could have a Turbocharger -vs- Supercharger competition!
Assuming all goes well I should go to the Flights of Fantasy show with my blower installed .
Old 3/12/08, 08:24 PM
NTTAWWT

question for disney tom: the braves play at the disney complex down there, ever go to the games?

looks like there's going to be a non-blower minority in POTR by the end of the year...
Old 3/12/08, 08:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
You can leave these kinds of posts for private messages.

Thanks.

Hope the install goes smoothly Bill. Can't wait till she's all done.
Old 3/12/08, 08:29 PM
Cobra R Member

question for disney tom: the braves play at the disney complex down there, ever go to the games?
Who would want to see the Braves?
Old 3/12/08, 09:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks for the well wishes guys!

The entire install is out of my hands, but Hector is more than capable of installing this S/C. He told me that he's got a few 'customizing' planned to make it dependable and for show. I just hope it stays within my budget!

Also picked up 11 T-Bolt clamps from Hose Techniques to replace all the regular hose clamps... all in the name of show.

Tom: My Vortech won't give you any competition, but Jed and Brian (soon) may give you a run for your money!

As for POTR, it's a place where Mustang friends meet and greet. Nuff said about that.. agreed?
Old 3/12/08, 09:31 PM
NTTAWWT

Originally Posted by kh765
Who would want to see the Braves?
Meee
Old 3/12/08, 09:42 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Man I thought my english was bad!

I'm feeling pretty good right now!Okay on to topics that this forms all about. I picked up the Roush yesterday from Sweeny's, Vern did a great job making the exhaust secure evened out the pipes and tails, clean welds and the pipes look correct The new Flows. are actually a tiny bit less loud. Maybe because their new and clean inside? I think over time the sound will develope a little deeper maybe a little louder, I still like it Now at least I can change out the muffers in the future because its clamped together not welded like before. Picts to come maybe on Saturday if I have time before I jet on the Vegas trip! Viva lost wages!

Bill I can see it now on our next run to Cars & Coffee. I don't think you'll be bring up the rear? The pressures on I'm sure your car is going to turn out hot! You best get those big meats your thinking about! Maybe before Fab Fords?

Last night one of our BCMC members Steve, had his GT-500 converted by Shelby to an " Anniversary" version. It was re-outfited and man it looks sweet! At the next cafe I'll get some stills and its his daily driver!
SHELBY AUTOMOTIVE

LUIS! LUIS! Where are you? Are you still under the weather? Better rest up for your big install day Saturday at Jorge's crib.

Jed

Last edited by JedCranium; 3/12/08 at 10:27 PM.
Old 3/12/08, 09:46 PM
NTTAWWT

Okay, so I've been on TMS for a little over a year now, and Ive loved every second of it. The transformation of you guys' cars is amazing. I've gotten alot of good ideas, and it's time I showed them off. I've had a parts list for a few months, but havent been able to put them to paper until this week, since I'm on Spring Break. It's taken me about a week working off and on to get this done. Unfortunately it's a project that wont come to fruition for a few years, being the broke college kid, but here's an idea of what's in my future.

For now, I'll call it "Project Sledgehammer" - if you've got any better name ideas, lemme here 'em. There's a list of mods a mile long, but the base car is an '07 (hopefully I'll find one with low miles) Vista GT. Mods will include a Vortech Supercharger, Roush bodykit, Kicker sound system, Steeda suspension parts, Hurst shifter, SLP exhuast, Baer brakes, BFG KDW's, some CDC, SHR, and MWAG stuff, etc. Hope you like it, lemme know what you think.

Yes, that is a California Dream hood with a Roush scoop on it, I think it might look good. Only thing is, I can't decide wether to have white or tungsten stripes. I'm thinking tungsten might look better, but I left it white for now. I'll start working on the interior shot eventually.

I'll put this in the artwork thread later, but since this is the best thread, Project Sledgehammer debut's here!
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-s5031393.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-s5031397.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-s5031402.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-s5031406.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-s5031416.jpg  

Last edited by StangMahn; 3/12/08 at 10:00 PM.
Old 3/12/08, 09:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Okay, so I've been on TMS for a little over a year now, and Ive loved every second of it. The transformation of you guys' cars is amazing. I've gotten alot of good ideas, and it's time I showed them off. I've had a parts list for a few months, but havent been able to put them to paper until this week, since I'm on Spring Break. It's taken me about a week working off and on to get this done. Unfortunately it's a project that wont come to fruition for a few years, being the broke college kid, but here's an idea of what's in my future.

For now, I'll call it "Project Sledgehammer" - if you've got any better ideas, lemme here 'em. There's a list of mods a mile long, but the base car is an '07 (hopefully I'll find one with low miles) Vista GT. Mods will include a Vortech Supercharger, Roush bodykit, Kicker sound system, Steeda suspension parts, Hurst shifter, SLP exhuast, Baer brakes, BFG KDW's, some CDC, SHR, and MWAG stuff, etc. Hope you like it, lemme know what you think.

Yes, that is a California Dream hood with a Roush scoop on it, I think it might look good. Only thing is, I can't decide wether to have white or tungsten stripes. I'm thinking tungsten might look better, but I left it white for now. I'll start working on the interior shot eventually.

I'll put this in the artwork thread later, but since this is the best thread, Project Sledgehammer debut's here!
Hey dreaming is what lifes all about! Looks like you have it planned out well. I like your drawings I can't draw a straight line. Personnaly would go with the tungsten stripes.

Jed
Old 3/12/08, 10:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

NICE!

Wish I could join yall, I'll get over to the left coast one of these years.

I've got a car show to go to Saturday. I may be seeing the Roush Reactor Mustang.

Jed, is your paint stock, or was it redone; for it to be wetsanded and polished?

My car was "wet sanded" that's why it looks so smooth with little to almost no orange peel. My ride is in need for a really good wax & polish job! I might have it done because I run out of gas to soon I'm an old fart.

Jed
Old 3/12/08, 10:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JedCranium
My car was "wet sanded" that's why it looks so smooth with little to almost no orange peel. My ride is in need for a really good wax & polish job! I might have it done because I run out of gas to soon I'm an old fart.

Jed

So you went to the meeting? Did jon say anything to you about sema? I got something I need to share with the guys on sat, are you coming?

Your car always looks great

After reading this thread...
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=465221

I bought a Ford fusion key on ebay for 25 bucks. I let you guys know if it works
Attached Images  
Old 3/12/08, 10:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
....I'll put this in the artwork thread later, but since this is the best thread, Project Sledgehammer debut's here!
Looks great! You definitely have some talent
Old 3/12/08, 10:47 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by USMC0341

So you went to the meeting? Did jon say anything to you about sema? I got something I need to share with the guys on sat, are you coming?

Your car always looks great

After reading this thread...
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=465221

I bought a Ford fusion key on ebay for 25 bucks. I let you guys know if it works
I went to the BCMC meeting just near the end around 9:00 p.m. with TacoBill. We saw Brian's ride parked so we stopped in. I didn't get a chance to chat with John he did mention to me over the PA system how I missed a good meeting. Hey he missed Taco Tuesday at El Torito! + a Caddy Margarita so there! I have to drive up to Las Vegas sometime Saturday to attend CPK's GM conference. It should be fun I plan on visiting the Shelby facility SEMA I registered online since I am alumni now. It cost $15.00 bones not bad! I plan on getting the inside on the parties this time. Maybe we can play baseball with the Pirelli girls! Bill I think this is my fantasy girl!

Old 3/12/08, 11:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Dude! You got talent!

I vote for Black with painted ghost Tungsten stripes.
With that body kit, it'll look sick!!

Bill I can see it now on our next run to Cars & Coffee. I don't think you'll be bring up the rear? The pressures on I'm sure your car is going to turn out hot! You best get those big meats your thinking about! Maybe before Fab Fords?
Before Fab Ford?? Ughh! I wish!

I can't even buy the MSD COP's right now.
Darn clamps cost me $78 today!

Originally Posted by USMC0341
I got something I need to share with the guys on sat, are you coming?

Gotta wait til' Saturday?
(Hope it's good news...)

Any volunteers to try the Fusion key on a 06?

Bill I think this is my fantasy girl!
November... SEMA.. Parumph!!
Old 3/12/08, 11:43 PM
Cobra Member

Jed - Feeling better. Just came back from running (I'm trying to get rid of fat ) Saturday should be a blast. Glad the exhuast went well.

George - Why wait until Saturday? About the Fusion key: I'm on board for it. Just another tiny little mod

Bill - You have me really excited now. I already know it's going to look sweet

StangMahn - Ever consider playing with Illustrator? The drawing looks great. I vote for tungsten stripes. I saw a roush with the Cali Dream hood somewhere, and it looked great. Smart choice of exterior mods.

Well it looks like my exterior mods are almost done. I just need the Shr lower grill to come out, cut the antenna already , and I'm heading down the ducktail route. It's between cdc and sse. I'll be able to compare both this saturday
Old 3/13/08, 12:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Stangman-Awesome drawings I wish I had the talent.

George-Dam all you 07+ guys. You get all the goodies. (aux port,key fob, nav)

Luis-Speaking for myself the decision between CDC and SSE ducktail came down to me not wanting the 3rd braklight cutout. Ideally though I wish SSE made one without the light hole. You'll see Saturday that the SSE one is slightly more agressive.
Old 3/13/08, 12:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well crap. had a big 'ole long post going and accidentally quit my browser......

Too lazy to go back and copy/paste everything so I'm winging it.
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Keep everything on topic here fer crissakes
Agreed! I apologize for getting involved. It was a waste of effort and bandwidth, I won't let that happen again.

Jed & Bill BCMC meeting, you didn't miss much. Egg raffles, Bullitt chase scene with trivia for $$$ and show dates. R&R = 4/16/07, QMXII = Oct 12th (I think).

Can't wait to hear the Roush Saturday Jed.
Bill, dang it, you're making me drool all over my keyboard.

StangMahn Holy Crap, you've got some talent man Looking forward to viewing the interior shots. I am partial to VB with white stripes for some reason.

Luis If you go CDC, let me know and I have a NIB 3rd brake light for the CDC that I didn't buy.

USMC0341 Completely interested in what happens. I remember some time ago a thread about the Fusion key and don't recall the outcome. If it works I'd be willing to try it on mine.

Last edited by habu; 3/13/08 at 12:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)