General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 12/26/07, 07:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JedCranium
Doesn't look too bad of a swap. I think a seasoned A&P should be able to handle that.
Old 12/26/07, 12:14 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Those look better everytime I see them.

Anyone know how Brad's doing, havent seen him around the Forums in a while.
Old 12/26/07, 01:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's everyone's opinion on this...

Got the brandmotion direct iPod connect to go through the shaker 1K. Installed yesterday. It all works except for the functionality to cycle through the album, artist, playlist using the up & down buttons used to change CDs.

Called BrandMotion today and 07s built before 12/4/06 (mine) have an issue with the Shaker 1K that is the problem.

I have three options.
1) Refund item. They will do with no questions.
2) Buy a used or new Shaker 1K from eBay or wherever.
3) Wait weeks or months (who knows) For Saleen to figure out how to use some equipment to reflash the stereos to latest firmware.... once they do send my radio to Flint, MI and have them "fix" it.

Except for this my radion has been perfect. Zero defects and I am not unhappy. The fit of the iPod dock in the glove box is just OK, not great. The navigation isn't very smooth working through the iPod. It's cool and all but not WOW great.

Do I refund and get an iPhone or something else with knowing that I want to upgrade the radio to a nav unit or something in the future
or wait for Saleen ?? Not too optimistic of relying on a used Shaker 1K being cheap anywhere... and even then I HAVE to buy something to get this to work...

crap.

What says you ?
But the Guitar Hero III is a blast
Old 12/26/07, 01:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu

Got the brandmotion direct iPod connect to go through the shaker 1K. Installed yesterday. It all works except for the functionality to cycle through the album, artist, playlist using the up & down buttons used to change CDs.

Called BrandMotion today and 07s built before 12/4/06 (mine) have an issue with the Shaker 1K that is the problem.

I have three options.
1) Refund item. They will do with no questions.
2) Buy a used or new Shaker 1K from eBay or wherever.
3) Wait weeks or months (who knows) For Saleen to figure out how to use some equipment to reflash the stereos to latest firmware.... once they do send my radio to Flint, MI and have them "fix" it.

Except for this my radion has been perfect. Zero defects and I am not unhappy. The fit of the iPod dock in the glove box is just OK, not great. The navigation isn't very smooth working through the iPod. It's cool and all but not WOW great.

Do I refund and get an iPhone or something else with knowing that I want to upgrade the radio to a nav unit or something in the future
or wait for Saleen ?? Not too optimistic of relying on a used Shaker 1K being cheap anywhere... and even then I HAVE to buy something to get this to work...

crap.

What says you ?
A used a shaker 1000 will run you $100 at most. I'd say just return and save up a few $100 more then get a whole new head unit with Ipod capabilities.

Still looking in to the wheel spacer deal. From what I've read as long as get the spacers that have their own studs I'm fine. I guess the problems stem from the spacers that don't have their own studs. Because then the lug nuts aren't catching all the threads they're supposed to. So with that said I'm just waiting to get in contact with Steeda Gus to ask him a couple things.
Old 12/26/07, 01:33 PM
GTR Member

Still have to try out mine!

Santa brought a remote control helicopter for me "and Ashley". It's a cheap one but is still cool. I'm still trying just to make it hover!

It's a 2-channel one... if I get good at it, I may get a better 4-channel one ($$$).
Old 12/26/07, 01:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Good day yesterday. Some good 360 games, call of duty 4 and ace combat 6. I'll have more to do with my free time . And most important a nice new harddrive for my computer which has been out of service for the last 2 months due to a lightning storm.
Old 12/26/07, 02:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

ATTN:BRIAN

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=75172
Old 12/26/07, 04:55 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
call of duty 4 is one of the best games i have ever played.
Old 12/26/07, 08:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by StangMahn
call of duty 4 is one of the best games i have ever played.
+1
Old 12/26/07, 08:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Habu when I had my 05 GT I used a Belkin fm transmitter & worked real good, then got the 07 built in jack?
Old 12/26/07, 09:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Brian, I don't want to tell you what to do.... 'cause my opinion would be to ditch the stock radio but in your own situation it may not be worth it......

What I will tell you to do is to check out Integration Solutions...... I bought an Ipod interface for my '07 Chrysler Aspen LTD; it has factory sat radio, navigation, DVD, rear DVD w/ monitor, video game inputs, etc. and everybody I talked to said that you could not interface an Ipod with the system- however Integration said they have have piece so I bought it, and it works fine. Here is a link incase you're interested:

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Integr...414202QQsofpZ0

They're on Ebay with I believe over 5000 feedback with 100% positive rating.
Old 12/26/07, 10:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks for the feedback.
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Habu when I had my 05 GT I used a Belkin fm transmitter & worked real good, then got the 07 built in jack?
Here in L.A. they suck. There is only a couple of channels that work and then it's tentative at best. Maybe they've gotten better recently, I gave up on them.

Nothing is wrong with the Aux input, except you gotta take your complete attention away from driving to get to the iPod to advance a song or whatever. Not that you don't do that already with any stereo.

Originally Posted by tom281
Brian, I don't want to tell you what to do.... 'cause my opinion would be to ditch the stock radio but in your own situation it may not be worth it......

What I will tell you to do is to check out Integration Solutions...... I bought an Ipod interface for my '07 Chrysler Aspen LTD; it has factory sat radio, navigation, DVD, rear DVD w/ monitor, video game inputs, etc. and everybody I talked to said that you could not interface an Ipod with the system- however Integration said they have have piece so I bought it, and it works fine. Here is a link incase you're interested:

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Integr...414202QQsofpZ0

They're on Ebay with I believe over 5000 feedback with 100% positive rating.
Well, I'm jonesing real bad for a nav unit and tax return time is right around the corner...I really like the factory nav unit except for two things. 1) iPod control, 2) the speed sensor error, 2a)Problems with Shaker Subs not working with the unit. Now the avic D3, reading 05fordgt's thread, seems real interesting especially if it does iPod control. I wouldn't rely on multiple CDs as much.

I am leaning towards getting the money back and patiently consider my options from there. To be honest I am less-than-thrilled with the interface and the lag-time between hitting a button and the iPod reacting. Since it doesn't work for what I'd like to use it for (finding a specific artist, playlist or album) the excitement of having this is almost gone. The implementation of the "dock" in the glove box isn't great either and is causing the door to need to be popped open or closed. so I'm just about past caring for the product itself. I want my instant gratification dang-it.
Old 12/26/07, 10:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Well I can say the AVIC-D3 has full speed, advanced Ipod control including the touch-screen and video features. I love mine, it's been great!
Old 12/26/07, 11:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Hey Tom, I'm gonna be over at Disney tomorrow. My buddy got free tickets, so I figured I might as well go. I'll keep an eye out for turbo Mustangs lurking around.
Old 12/26/07, 11:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Still have to try out mine!

Santa brought a remote control helicopter for me "and Ashley". It's a cheap one but is still cool. I'm still trying just to make it hover!

It's a 2-channel one... if I get good at it, I may get a better 4-channel one ($$$).
Man it's tough. Getting the hang of it though. Let me know what you think. I'm still trying to get past easy. For giggles I tried expert.... hahahaha. not hardly.

The helis are cool, it's electric, right ? The small ones are cool. I've heard the larger gas powered ones are really difficult to master.

Originally Posted by tom281
Well I can say the AVIC-D3 has full speed, advanced Ipod control including the touch-screen and video features. I love mine, it's been great!
The more I hear about it the more I like.
Old 12/27/07, 01:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JedCranium
Thanks Jed, nice write up!

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Doesn't look too bad of a swap. I think a seasoned A&P should be able to handle that.
I dont know if I can do it, don't have a Tacobill approved How to do it write up!

Brian, I would just get a refund. I don't know why they have to wait for saleen? Saleen does not sell any of their cars with the shaker 1000, just the 500 and they have the option for the sub I have in my trunk! I was thinking about getting the ford accessory one with the I-pod and HD radio setup..

HD Radio Receiver, w/iPodĀ® Connectivity
Part Number: A7FCS-HDRADIO-B
MSRP: $299.00

Using digital signals, HD radio provides better reception and CD-quality sound on FM stations and FM-quality sound on AM stations. More than 1,500 radio stations in the U.S. currently broadcast in HD digital sound. Not for use with Sync Radio.
Fits:
Ford Mustang 2008 2007 2006 2005
http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/fas/b2c/catalog.asp
Look under electronics--audio
Old 12/27/07, 03:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Pulled the trigger on the ebay wheel spacers. They should be here by late next week. I'll make sure to pics when done. Cross your fingers my wheels don't fall of during my highway test.
Old 12/27/07, 04:10 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Pulled the trigger on the ebay wheel spacers. They should be here by late next week. I'll make sure to pics when done. Cross your fingers my wheels don't fall of during my highway test.
Boy its quiet here lately probably you are all playing with your Christmas presidents (we call them presidents instead of presents before anyone trys and corrects me) lol

So Leo not sure I understand the concept of the wheel spacer, can you explain its use or function? I'm sure I'll like it as I like everything you do to your GT.

Thanks pal
Old 12/27/07, 04:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by philster2003
Boy its quiet here lately probably you are all playing with your Christmas presidents (we call them presidents instead of presents before anyone trys and corrects me) lol

So Leo not sure I understand the concept of the wheel spacer, can you explain its use or function? I'm sure I'll like it as I like everything you do to your GT.

Thanks pal
Wheel spacers go between the wheel hub and the wheels. They make the tires come out towards the fenders more. Here's a link that show's a pic of a spacer and another link of a guy with 1" spacers. Notice how his wheels don't looked tucked in under the fenders.

Spacer
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...=wheel+spacers

1"spacers installed.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...1&postcount=17
Old 12/27/07, 05:28 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Wheel spacers go between the wheel hub and the wheels. They make the tires come out towards the fenders more. Here's a link that show's a pic of a spacer and another link of a guy with 1" spacers. Notice how his wheels don't looked tucked in under the fenders.

Spacer
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...=wheel+spacers

1"spacers installed.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...1&postcount=17
OK I get it, and I like the looks, you're right it looks much nicer Leo!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)