General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 6/28/07, 09:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Poll time...

Which cup holder switch plate bezel do you think matches my interior theme better? The black anodized or brushed aluminum finish?

Only look at the finish, not the switch/cup holder configuration.

Also pictured is my interior shot for reference.

Old 6/28/07, 09:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Part number for what?

If the new struts you're getting (wait, you're getting new struts? ) has the lower holes slotted, you use the original strut bolt, not the camber ones.
s6b~us~en~file=s6b40004.pdf~gen~ref.pdf
I should have been clear, but this is before my morning caffeine....

I meant Part # for camber bolts.
But now that I'm a little more awake it makes sense that if the struts I'm getting are slotted I wouldn't need them... right ?

Oh yeah, I'm getting FRPP struts. got them for 250 from a guy who is upgrading to Tokico struts. The have a have less than 8K miles on them. So figured now is a good time to get in on the deal.

Cup holder brushed aluminum not the black.
Old 6/28/07, 10:20 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by matko
For anyone out there who has the dreaded rear axle moan while turning, I may have stumbled upon a new fix.
Replace lube with royal purple.
So, did you have the moan, then replaced the oil with Royal Purple and it went away... Or what?
Old 6/28/07, 10:24 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by habu
+1 Why are you getting this Bill? It is a nice replacement if you need some toggels.
Old 6/28/07, 10:38 AM

But now that I'm a little more awake it makes sense that if the struts I'm getting are slotted I wouldn't need them... right ?

Yes, if the struts mounts are slotted, you use the stock bolts. Camber bolts are for struts that are NOT slotted (thus allowing the cam to sweep the strut end in/out to adjust for camber).

Originally Posted by pville piper
+1 Why are you getting this Bill? It is a nice replacement if you need some toggels.
Looks like it's +2 for the brushed finish.. so far.

Yes, I'm in need of a couple cool looking toggle switches (instead of those big, tall crome ones ).
One for the rear camera, so I can activate it on demand (instead of Reverse only, like intended).
The other for the activation/de-activation of the DVD video bypass.

The 3rd switch will be dead, unless I think of something else to hook up to it. If not, I'll have it there for a future mod/upgrade.
Old 6/28/07, 11:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The 3rd switch will be dead, unless I think of something else to hook up to it. If not, I'll have it there for a future mod/upgrade.
Since a KB is currently out of the question.... how 'bout a 100 shot of nitrous ?? You'd have the button for it already in place
Old 6/28/07, 11:15 AM
GTR Member

I hope this issue doesn't apply to me any longer since I yanked out the OEM gears.
Good info though.
It's not the gears that moan... it's the clutch plates. That's why you still needed to add the friction modifier.

Brushed aluminum on the cup holder thingie.
Old 6/28/07, 11:28 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Since your going with eibachs your going to need camber bolts and an adj panhard.

Brian-Let us know how it goes.
Thanks Leo! That's what I thought I needed. Thought I would ge the experts' opinions before I dove in.

I vote for the brushed as well. At first I thought the black, but I think it would just blend in too much. Is that a boost guage I see in there? I think someone needs to have one of those...*cough* Bill...
Old 6/28/07, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
It's not the gears that moan... it's the clutch plates. That's why you still needed to add the friction modifier.

Brushed aluminum on the cup holder thingie.
Holy Cow, it's Tom!

You gotta start posting more or else you'll fall to the ranks of Susan and Daryl.

+4 on the brushed... looks like it may be the winner.
Old 6/28/07, 11:32 AM

.... how 'bout a 100 shot of nitrous ?? You'd have the button for it already in place
Forget it!

You think I'm into performance or something?
Old 6/28/07, 01:28 PM
Bullitt Member

So, did you have the moan, then replaced the oil with Royal Purple and it went away... Or what?
Exactly. My car went back to the dealer for the TSB initially and moan came back 6 months later. I then put in a bottle of friction modifier, which worked, but the moan came back 1 month later. This time I switched to royal purple max gear lube and and moan went away. I hope it lasts this time.
Old 6/28/07, 02:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I vote for the Black bezel. I think this is a mod that shouldn't be to visible. Plus all your accessories are chrome not brushed aluminum. If you had the Silver IUP and silver MGW accessories then I'd say get the brushed aluminum.
Old 6/28/07, 02:57 PM

I vote for the Black bezel. I think this is a mod that shouldn't be to visible. Plus all your accessories are chrome not brushed aluminum. If you had the Silver IUP and silver MGW accessories then I'd say get the brushed aluminum.
+4 for brushed, +1 for black... Leo had to go against the grain!

Actually, not all me accessories are chrome. My current cupholder bezel is brushed as are the door pins and coat hangers.

Keep the votes coming, I know there's other straglers that frequent POTR that haven't voted yet. (Phil.. )
Old 6/28/07, 03:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

+4 for brushed, +1 for black... Leo had to go against the grain!

Actually, not all me accessories are chrome. My current cupholder bezel is brushed as are the door pins and coat hangers.

Keep the votes coming, I know there's other straglers that frequent POTR that haven't voted yet. (Phil.. )
Those don't count. The majority of your car inside and out is chrome not anodized. I say go with the black and keep the front cup holder open.
Old 6/28/07, 03:17 PM

Actually, not all me accessories are chrome.
Dang, I sound like a Pirate.
Old 6/28/07, 03:17 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by matko
Exactly. My car went back to the dealer for the TSB initially and moan came back 6 months later. I then put in a bottle of friction modifier, which worked, but the moan came back 1 month later. This time I switched to royal purple max gear lube and and moan went away. I hope it lasts this time.
Mine didn't last that long. I got no more than 2000 miles before it came back and I think about 2 months. I am not too happy about this. Did you put any friction modifier in or did you just put straight royal purple. I am wondering if the dealer drained and then put the friction modifier in and filled it up with oil.
Old 6/28/07, 03:20 PM
Cobra Member

Those don't count. The majority of your car inside and out is chrome not anodized. I say go with the black and keep the front cup holder open.
+1 for the Black is my vote.

I'm with Leo and I would also keep the front cup holder open unless you are contemplating a boost gauge but if I had a boost gauge it would not be down in my cup holder, it would be front and center where I can see it and glow about it when it reaches max boost.
Old 6/28/07, 03:23 PM
Cobra Member

Actually, not all me accessories are chrome.
Dang, I sound like a Pirate.

I won't be too worried about that unless Brian tells us you came to the next Mustang meet with scraggily beard, eye patch, cutlass and funky hat/headgear!

Old 6/28/07, 03:26 PM
Cobra Member

Hey Phil!
The wife and I might be headed out your way this weekend if she can get the 2nd and 3rd off. I'll pm you with my number when and if we leave.
Old 6/28/07, 03:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Mine didn't last that long. I got no more than 2000 miles before it came back and I think about 2 months. I am not too happy about this. Did you put any friction modifier in or did you just put straight royal purple. I am wondering if the dealer drained and then put the friction modifier in and filled it up with oil.
Straight royal purple.
http://www.royalpurple.com/prodsa/mgeara.html

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)