General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 5/13/07, 11:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's a few more...
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-11.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-12.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-13.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-14.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-15.jpg  

Ponies on The Run (Again)-16.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-17.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-18.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-19.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-20.jpg  

Old 5/14/07, 12:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome pics Ray. As if that's not always the case. We need to have a ponies on the run photoshoot one of these days. Sorry all you non-socal guys.

What's the next mod Ray???
Old 5/14/07, 12:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Awesome pics Ray. As if that's not always the case. We need to have a ponies on the run photoshoot one of these days. Sorry all you non-socal guys.

What's the next mod Ray???
Roush delete
Old 5/14/07, 05:48 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Pass. I wouldn't even consider buying a refurb'd printer or iPod, let alone a complete transmission.
All of Ford Racing stuff doesn't have a warranty, not just the tranny's.
Wish it was that easy. If it was $100 difference, it would be an easy choice. All wearable parts are replaced, so they are all new. All seals and gaskets are new. Do I really need a new case?

I bought a remanufactured computer for my daughter for $250 on eBay. It's WAY better than the computer I use, and never had a single problem.
Old 5/14/07, 07:32 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ray Man
Ok Bill, the cat is out of the bag. My so called "best" friend JedCranium (CPK Bill) showed me his new Roush yesterday at the Meet & Greet. He waited four months to tell me .

We did our own cruise through Long Beach and Palos Verdes. Here's some photos:

I saw Bill's Roush back at the Knott's show... and you thought I was kidding!

And thanks for inviting me to the LB/PV cruise.
j/k... I was busy doin' the Mother's Day thing all weekend. Only managed to squeeze off that quickie video I posted Saturday night.

We need to have a ponies on the run photoshoot one of these days. Sorry all you non-socal guys.
I'm down for that!

Maybe on the July 29th Ricky & Ronnie carshow? Spaces are limited, so anyone interested better drop a $25 check in the mail soon (I still have to ).

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Wish it was that easy. If it was $100 difference, it would be an easy choice. All wearable parts are replaced, so they are all new. All seals and gaskets are new. Do I really need a new case?
True. Being it's for the 89, I'd probably go with a refurb'd trans too. You're probably reached the point where you asked yourself what exactly do you want to do with this car and of it's future. With those questions answered, you can spend accordingly.
Old 5/14/07, 07:54 AM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Pass. I wouldn't even consider buying a refurb'd printer or iPod, let alone a complete transmission.
All of Ford Racing stuff doesn't have a warranty, not just the tranny's.
Nothing wrong with a rebuilt tranny. All they do is replace the bearings, syncronizers and gears. Good as new.
Old 5/14/07, 08:58 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by KdF
Nothing wrong with a rebuilt tranny. All they do is replace the bearings, syncronizers and gears. Good as new.
That's what I'm hoping. Plus it's dyno'd... and with a warranty.

Hopefully they change seals and gaskets, too.
Old 5/14/07, 09:30 AM
Cobra Member

We did our own cruise through Long Beach and Palos Verdes. Here's some photos:
My old stomping grounds... Nice photos Ray!
Old 5/14/07, 10:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks Leo. That would be fun!

I saw Bill's Roush back at the Knott's show... and you thought I was kidding!

And thanks for inviting me to the LB/PV cruise.
j/k... I was busy doin' the Mother's Day thing all weekend. Only managed to squeeze off that quickie video I posted Saturday night.

Maybe on the July 29th Ricky & Ronnie carshow? Spaces are limited, so anyone interested better drop a $25 check in the mail soon (I still have to ).
n/p, maybe next time, it was a long day getting up at 5:00am. I got quite a bit of sun. Those middle of the day photos are tough to shoot with the bright light and all. Thanks for the R&R show info. I'll check my calendar. We had dinner there after our cruise (apparently Chevy day ).

Originally Posted by pville piper
My old stomping grounds... Nice photos Ray!
Thanks John. Are you from this area?
Old 5/14/07, 10:24 AM

Leo, I read on another Forum that this guy got busted with his O/R-H up in NorCal. He got slapped with a $477 smog violation fine!

Lessons learned... don't fly by a cop at full throttle!
Old 5/14/07, 11:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm probably not going to the June 24th show so the R&R show will probably be my first of the season.

Leo, I read on another Forum that this guy got busted with his O/R-H up in NorCal. He got slapped with a $477 smog violation fine! Lessons learned... don't fly by a cop at full throttle!
Sucks to be that guy. I thought it was a bigger fine though.
Old 5/14/07, 11:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

Leo, I read on another Forum that this guy got busted with his O/R-H up in NorCal. He got slapped with a $477 smog violation fine!

Lessons learned... don't fly by a cop at full throttle!
HA!
My paranoid delusions are somewhat confirmed.
Old 5/14/07, 11:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

Ray Awesome pics as usual. Looks like it was a nice day out for a small cruise.

I'd be up for a mini TMS So Cal meet & greet cruise or whatever !! Get to see the 4.10s in action (my pocketbook hates you Bill!!)

I want to register for a show, but want to wait until I know that I can get the exterior mods, spoiler & ducktail, done prior. I should be able to make the July R&R show but I'll know more in a week or so.
Old 5/14/07, 12:26 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks John. Are you from this area?
I spent 4 years stationed in Long Beach on board the Battleship New Jersey... When I visited Bill on a trip to Buena Park 7UP I also took a ride down there and man, has it changed! Of course I left in 89 so I would imagine it would.

Originally Posted by habu
I'd be up for a mini TMS So Cal meet & greet cruise or whatever !! Get to see the 4.10s in action (my pocketbook hates you Bill!!)
Don't feel bad Brian... Your pocketbook has is has plenty of company!!!
Old 5/14/07, 12:27 PM

I'd be up for a mini TMS So Cal meet & greet cruise or whatever !!
Sounds good to me too! Any number greater than the 'little circle of friends' we have will require a planner and dedication in organizing it. Before you ask, the answer is NO!

Best time to plan it is when Leo's driving the Mustang up, the rest of us can pretty much follow his schedule.

Get to see the 4.10s in action (my pocketbook hates you Bill!!)

Forget 'seeing', one test drive at my secret proving grounds and you'll be hooked. Guaranteed!

I want to register for a show, but want to wait until I know that I can get the exterior mods, spoiler & ducktail, done prior. I should be able to make the July R&R show but I'll know more in a week or so.
Still plenty of time. I think the pre-reg goes all the way to July 25th.
Come to think of it, I better put your test drive on hold until you get the exterior mods complete or else I'll be throwing a wrench into your mod plans.
Old 5/14/07, 12:29 PM

Don't feel bad Ray... Your pocketbook has is has plenty of company!!!
habu be Brian.
Old 5/14/07, 12:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'd be up for a mini TMS So Cal meet & greet cruise or whatever !!
Sounds good to me too! Any number greater than the 'little circle of friends' we have will require a planner and dedication in organizing it. Before you ask, the answer is NO!

Best time to plan it is when Leo's driving the Mustang up, the rest of us can pretty much follow his schedule.

Get to see the 4.10s in action (my pocketbook hates you Bill!!)

Forget 'seeing', one test drive at my secret proving grounds and you'll be hooked. Guaranteed!

Still plenty of time. I think the pre-reg goes all the way to July 25th.
Come to think of it, I better put your test drive on hold until you get the exterior mods complete or else I'll be throwing a wrench into your mod plans.
You are absolutely correct on everything. If I come anywhere near a real test w/4.10s and it's bye-bye exterior mods.
Good thing is I think I'd be OK, if I don't get a test drive, for a July 25th registration. That's the plan at least.

I wouldn't mind helping out with a So Cal G&G.
Old 5/14/07, 01:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

habu be Brian.
I thought he said Brian
Old 5/14/07, 01:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

I spent 4 years stationed in Long Beach on board the Battleship New Jersey... When I visited Bill on a trip to Buena Park 7UP I also took a ride down there and man, has it changed! Of course I left in 89 so I would imagine it would.

Don't feel bad Brian... Your pocketbook has is has plenty of company!!!
glad to see I'm in good company
They've done so much work around what used to be the Navy yard it's crazy and they're not done yet!!
Old 5/14/07, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by habu
I wouldn't mind helping out with a So Cal G&G.
G&G??

If it was GGW, I wouldn't mind helping out either.

I thought he said Brian
John attempted to be slick by editing his post, just look at his edit times, then see my post time. Didn't really matter as my quote capture got his original message.

Nice try John.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)