General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 5/17/07, 06:32 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check Engine Light code:

P0456 EVAP CTRL SYS SMALL LEAK

I cleared it and drove the car around a bit kinda hard... didn't come back on. I'll see how long it takes to turn on again, if it does.

I searched for "P0456" and everybody says to check the gas cap. I did that when I got to work and it was tight. Some say to take the cap off, and put it back on... I didn't do that, though.
Old 5/17/07, 09:03 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tom, Scott Drake now has map lite bezels for anti theft option..Been waiting for these for a while http://www.partscheap.com/scottdrake05.htm
Old 5/17/07, 09:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
Tom, Scott Drake now has map lite bezels for anti theft option..Been waiting for these for a while http://www.partscheap.com/scottdrake05.htm
Good find although I'll wait untill I see a real pic. I can't believe they posted a pic with a black circle for the official pic.
Old 5/17/07, 10:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Did you see my post above the one you quoted talking about the HP?
This one? If so, yes, the clutch slippage would seem to be the culprit.

Check Engine Light code:

P0456 EVAP CTRL SYS SMALL LEAK

Some say to take the cap off, and put it back on... I didn't do that, though.
That sounds like an easy fix. Can't hurt to try the gas cap thing first before hunting down whatever leak a P0456 is.

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Good find although I'll wait untill I see a real pic. I can't believe they posted a pic with a black circle for the official pic.
I'm not too big on that billet mod. Like you said, maybe a real pic will change my mind.
Old 5/17/07, 10:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I'm not too big on that billet mod. Like you said, maybe a real pic will change my mind.
+1 but I'd have to see it in person. Not too much of a fan of alot of the billet stuff.
Old 5/18/07, 07:07 AM
GTR Member

Chuck, I don't have AAT.
Old 5/18/07, 08:53 AM

Chuck, I don't have AAT.
Nor do I. Wait a minute.. what's the AAT? The factory alarm thingie?
Old 5/18/07, 09:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Nor do I. Wait a minute.. what's the AAT? The factory alarm thingie?
Yes..
Active Anti-Theft

separate question....

I ran out of Z6 (?) the Zaino quick detailer ?? and Car wash.. what is an acceptable replacement to use with the claybar ??
Old 5/18/07, 12:26 PM
GTR Member

When I had the SCT connected to check the code, I put the 87 Performance tune back in. I was a few gallons to empty, so when I filled up this morning, I put in 87. I wanted to re-appreciate the 93 Race tune by seeing how crappy the 87 Perf tune was.

I'll tell you what, it's nothing like going back to stock. I was surprised at the amount of power still there. I was expecting it to feel like I was dragging an anchor (like going back to stock).

And, it's hard to explain, but it's much more enjoyable to drive in day-to-day traffic... it's not as touchy, but still has plenty of power when you need it. PLUS, when I fill up at the gas station by my house and drive to work, my average MPG is always between 19.5 and 20.0. This time, it was at 21.5, and I drove the same way I would any other time.

So, I'll be using that from now on.

I would say if you have a daily driver, use the 87 Performance tune. Why not pay $3 less per tank, AND get better MPG, AND still have plenty of power over stock?

If you want to take the car to the drag strip or dyno, or if you want to make some TacoBill-style videos, then use the 93 or 91 Race tune.
Old 5/18/07, 01:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

When I had the SCT connected to check the code, I put the 87 Performance tune back in. I was a few gallons to empty, so when I filled up this morning, I put in 87. I wanted to re-appreciate the 93 Race tune by seeing how crappy the 87 Perf tune was.

I'll tell you what, it's nothing like going back to stock. I was surprised at the amount of power still there. I was expecting it to feel like I was dragging an anchor (like going back to stock).

And, it's hard to explain, but it's much more enjoyable to drive in day-to-day traffic... it's not as touchy, but still has plenty of power when you need it. PLUS, when I fill up at the gas station by my house and drive to work, my average MPG is always between 19.5 and 20.0. This time, it was at 21.5, and I drove the same way I would any other time.

So, I'll be using that from now on.

I would say if you have a daily driver, use the 87 Performance tune. Why not pay $3 less per tank, AND get better MPG, AND still have plenty of power over stock?

If you want to take the car to the drag strip or dyno, or if you want to make some TacoBill-style videos, then use the 93 or 91 Race tune.
Funny you should mention that. I've been doing that for a while now. I only run 91 when I'm going to the track. The rest of the time I run the 87P. Like you said there is a difference between the 87 and 91R but not as big a difference as say tune and stock. Other than the "touchyness" of the throttle and the shifts being a little firmer there really isn't much difference between the two.
Old 5/18/07, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by habu
I ran out of Z6 (?) the Zaino quick detailer ?? and Car wash.. what is an acceptable replacement to use with the claybar ??
Just use some Meguires carwash solution and quick detail spray until you get more of the Z stuff or Adam's.
Old 5/18/07, 01:39 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Funny you should mention that. I've been doing that for a while now. I only run 91 when I'm going to the track. The rest of the time I run the 87P. Like you said there is a difference between the 87 and 91R but not as big a difference as say tune and stock. Other than the "touchyness" of the throttle and the shifts being a little firmer there really isn't much difference between the two.
Exactly... and the manual guys don't even have the shift firmness difference. It is definitely more streetable, as they say, for daily driving.
Old 5/18/07, 02:08 PM

(the 87P) ...is definitely more streetable, as they say, for daily driving.
You whimps!

It's 91 Race or bust!
Old 5/18/07, 02:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Just use some Meguires carwash solution and quick detail spray until you get more of the Z stuff or Adam's.
use the car wash undiluted or water it down some. Is Jon the only place to get Adam's ?

I've only run the 91R & 91P tunes in mine. I've thought about trying out the 87R (whichever I have) just for giggles but I love the 91R too much.
Old 5/18/07, 02:51 PM

use the car wash undiluted or water it down some. Is Jon the only place to get Adam's ?

I've only run the 91R & 91P tunes in mine. I've thought about trying out the 87R (whichever I have) just for giggles but I love the 91R too much.
Brian, if you were closer, I'd let you have some Zaino wash to hold you over.

I've used the Meguires Gold wash solution before. It get's diluted just like the Zaino wash. Meguires is a good alternative to the mail-order 'premium' stuff. Just ask Leo!

Adam's are only sold thru distributors. I know of no one else besides Jon. You can probably place your order thru the web (like Zaino), but Jon may give you a discount plus save on shipping.

On the 87P tune, I was just kidding.
If mine was a daily, Id probably be running it to.
Old 5/18/07, 02:59 PM

Ponies on the Run video!

It's complete. I can't upload it til later tonight.

I'm sorry if I didn't get all the players in this first video installment. I raided a few of you guys' PhotoBucket and ripped off a few pics.

Background music is Given Up by Linkin Park from their new CD, Minutes to Midnight. Yes, it's loud, fast, head-bangin' soundtrack... just like our Mustangs!!!

For those here from the 1st POTR, Tony (remember 2005Muzzy) was supposed to make a video of the original gang. Well, he dropped the ball, so I picked it up and ran with it.
Old 5/18/07, 03:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Brian, if you were closer, I'd let you have some Zaino wash to hold you over.

I've used the Meguires Gold wash solution before. It get's diluted just like the Zaino wash. Meguires is a good alternative to the mail-order 'premium' stuff. Just ask Leo!

Adam's are only sold thru distributors. I know of no one else besides Jon. You can probably place your order thru the web (like Zaino), but Jon may give you a discount plus save on shipping.
Cool I have Mequires Gold I think. I promised my mom that I'd wash/claybar/wax her car for Mom's Day but I was so sick Sunday that I couldn't do it. It's the only reason for me being in a hurry. For my car, I'll just order Zaino. Thanks for the offer though.

On the 87P tune, I was just kidding.
If mine was a daily, Id probably be running it to.
OMGWTFBBQ !!!! you, Bill, would run the 87 tune.. my world just shrunk a little today

Old 5/18/07, 03:09 PM

OMGWTFBBQ !!!! you, Bill, would run the 87 tune.. my world just shrunk a little today

I got everything except the BBQ. Wat dat mean?

Key word in my post above is IF. So not to worry, I'll be keeping the 91R!

Sorry to give you a scare like that.
Old 5/18/07, 03:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

I got everything except the BBQ. Wat dat mean?

Key word in my post above is IF. So not to worry, I'll be keeping the 91R!

Sorry to give you a scare like that.
BBQ.. I dunno but have seen it a coupla times. Besides doesn't BBQ sound good right about now anyway. Can't wait for Famous Dave to be finished building down at the Pike.. that will rock.

Yeah I saw the IF still in an alternate universe somewhere there is a TacoBill with a unmodded Mustang driving everyday back & forth to work who rarely if ever washes his car and has, are you sitting down, never videoed a burnout, ever !!! ... Scary indeed !!!!

Man work is driving me batty today. Or the meds are taking effect !
Old 5/18/07, 05:43 PM

Ponies on the Run video uploaded!!!

Okay guys, another TacoBill Masterpiece in the making.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC_vu844BX8

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)