General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 3/27/07, 09:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mikes rx
Clamps is 6 letters. What else could you be talking about??
Yeah, that's what I said.. 6 letters.
Old 3/27/07, 09:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Too bad you didn't have a 87P tune from Doug for the Fusion. It would've given it some pep in it's step!
So would the 3v mustang engine.

BTW, I read your edit reason...you're welcome.
Old 3/28/07, 12:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Y
I know what you can spend $100 bucks on... 6 letters, starts with C, ends with S, and can be found at your local Ford Dealer Parts Dept.

Well, whenever Brian swaps in the factory ClampS, it'll sound sweet and be leak-free!
I dunno, $100 bucks for clamps. That's just too much. I'd rather spend the money and take it to a muffler shop and have it fixed, clamped and be on my way for much less mooooola.

Oh, and Tom

It sounds sa-weet. Made a girl from work jump yesterday when I fired it up...
Old 3/28/07, 02:16 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by karman
That's just the way it is.
I just had to pull off my whole front bumper to install my driving lights.
Not the best design. Maybe we should add a plate underneath.
I thought about that, but not sure if it would help now that the plastic has been shaped like that for a long time now.

Once again, Tom is correct. From afar, it doesn't look bad at all, but when shot close-up in macro.. .. warp city!
Good - glad everybody elses is warped, too. Like karman said, that's just the way it is.

Misquoted!
Here's Brian's entire quote.., "I gotta find a way to make this better because the leak, IMO, sounds like crap right now."

Originally Posted by habu
Oh, and Tom

Glad you like it! Mine sounded sweet, too, 90% of the time, and starting it was one of those times. I just couldn't get over the other 10% of the time at those certain RPMs when it sounded like total ****. It must be a convertible thing, then, with the sound resonating in the cavity for the top storage.
Old 3/28/07, 07:20 AM

I'd rather spend the money and take it to a muffler shop and have it fixed, clamped and be on my way for much less mooooola.

Muffler shop is a good idea, they may have equivalent clamps for way less. This time, do not make them weld anything!

Get used to that (people jumping, especially the girls!) everytime you fire her up in public.

Funny, but true story.. (some have already heard)
My buddy Paul (RIP) had a modded 05 and pulled into a McDonald's parking lot and had lunch in his car. While eating, a cop pulled in and parked nearby and decided to eat lunch in his patrol car as well. Needless to say, he sat in his car for over 1/2 hour until he left before firing up his car!

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I just couldn't get over the other 10% of the time at those certain RPMs when it sounded like total ****. It must be a convertible thing, then, with the sound resonating in the cavity for the top storage.
Are you sure it wasn't the cavity between your ears?
Old 3/28/07, 09:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Muffler shop is a good idea, they may have equivalent clamps for way less. This time, do not make them weld anything!
Man, ain't that the truth !!!
Old 3/28/07, 02:26 PM
GTR Member

Can anybody here take a low-res picture and enlarge it without it getting blurry and grainy? The pic is now 768 x 512.
Old 3/28/07, 03:01 PM

Can anybody here take a low-res picture and enlarge it without it getting blurry and grainy? The pic is now 768 x 512.
e/m it to me and I'll give it a shot.
Old 3/28/07, 03:09 PM
GTR Member

e/m it to me and I'll give it a shot.
Sent! And it's Mustang related... that's why we could talk about it here...
Old 3/28/07, 03:20 PM
Cobra R Member

Just ordered something else :)

Thanks to Ned (NJ3), I just ordered a trunk mat/liner from http://www.ssnake-oyl.com/.

I saw it on Ned's car, and it is really nice. It is made out of nice non-slip surface that not only stops slippage of items, but also protects the carpet AND allows easier clean-up of dust, etc. (The factory carpet is very hard to vacuum).

If you want to see it, click the catalog link and then the fender-gripper link. The 05-07 product isn't on their site right now (to my salesperson's surprise), but it IS sold, and looks like the ones for the 94-04 models.

What's even better: it's available in both a GT and a running pony design, and he has MANY different colors that can be used for the printing. Moreover, he has specific kits for COUPE vs. CONVERTIBLE. (their trunks are very much different). Unfortunately, for those with the 1000 system, you will have to trim it to fit.

I chose the GT design in a silver/gray color. He said it should be here in a few days...I'll be sure to post pics when I get it.
Old 3/28/07, 03:21 PM

Sent! Hope it works.
Old 3/28/07, 03:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Sorry about that...I'll save y'all the trouble:
Old 3/28/07, 06:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks to Ned (NJ3), I just ordered a trunk mat/liner from http://www.ssnake-oyl.com/.

I saw it on Ned's car, and it is really nice. It is made out of nice non-slip surface that not only stops slippage of items, but also protects the carpet AND allows easier clean-up of dust, etc. (The factory carpet is very hard to vacuum).

If you want to see it, click the catalog link and then the fender-gripper link. The 05-07 product isn't on their site right now (to my salesperson's surprise), but it IS sold, and looks like the ones for the 94-04 models.

What's even better: it's available in both a GT and a running pony design, and he has MANY different colors that can be used for the printing. Moreover, he has specific kits for COUPE vs. CONVERTIBLE. (their trunks are very much different). Unfortunately, for those with the 1000 system, you will have to trim it to fit.

I chose the GT design in a silver/gray color. He said it should be here in a few days...I'll be sure to post pics when I get it.
That looks pretty nice. I know when I had to try and vacuum out some dirt from the truck it was a PITA. I'll be interested in the pics !!
Old 3/28/07, 07:24 PM
Cobra R Member

That looks pretty nice. I know when I had to try and vacuum out some dirt from the truck it was a PITA. I'll be interested in the pics !!
They said they have to make it, so it won't be sent until tomorrow or Friday (I know...to me that's NORMAL send-out time, not "special order" time).

So, I'll probably have it by the end of next week for sure (it's being shipped UPS)
Old 3/28/07, 07:46 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
So...

Yesterday, I took my dads F250 in to get the speedo fixed (to fix the problem I talked about a couple of weeks ago), and I've been driving around in a loaner Fusion the past couple of days.

I must say, I'm not very impressed at all. The 4-banger engine in it is a pig with what seems to be little power.

To explain about the fusion: the engine LOVES to rev. In order to get any moderate acceleration, you must use a moderate amount of pedal. And, by doing this, the engine revs to almost red-line. The engine seems to just free-rev when accelerating, with no "push you in the seat" feeling. It just seems to have no torque due to the high revving nature.
The only nice thing about the Fusion is that it got at least a solid 35 mpg at 60mph
That truck would eat the Fusion up, not even for breakfast but as a snack.
That had to have been an auto.
I have the same engine in my little truck with a manual and it is tons of fun.
Granted it's no Stang, but redlining that engine all the time is a blast.
I can chirp 2nd even with 300lbs in the back.
I've never been beaten by an F250 and half of them really try hard.
Old 3/28/07, 08:18 PM
Cobra R Member

That had to have been an auto.
I have the same engine in my little truck with a manual and it is tons of fun.
Granted it's no Stang, but redlining that engine all the time is a blast.
I can chirp 2nd even with 300lbs in the back.
I've never been beaten by an F250 and half of them really try hard.
Were they the newer (05-07) 6.0L diesel F250's? One of my dad's friends has a 7.3L diesel excursion, and he said that our F250 is a lot faster and a lot more responsive.

But, I can honestly say that our F250 is FAST, especially for it's weight. It's completely stock except for a Corsa exhaust (which really helped it spool up quicker), but I honestly think that it would beat some imports in a 0-60.

I think a ranger vs. F250 would be a pretty good race. Small engine/light vehicle vs. Big engine/Big vehicle. Kind of a import vs. domestic race.

Words can't describe the feeling when you hit the gas in that truck. It's just awesome, and the seat of the pants feel is amazing. Honestly, it's the equivalent of hitting the throttle in the mustang, just in a much bigger vehicle. But, 570 lb ft of torque @ 2K rpm will do that to you.
Old 3/28/07, 08:49 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Were they the newer (05-07) 6.0L diesel F250's? One of my dad's friends has a 7.3L diesel excursion, and he said that our F250 is a lot faster and a lot more responsive.

But, I can honestly say that our F250 is FAST, especially for it's weight. It's completely stock except for a Corsa exhaust (which really helped it spool up quicker), but I honestly think that it would beat some imports in a 0-60.

I think a ranger vs. F250 would be a pretty good race. Small engine/light vehicle vs. Big engine/Big vehicle. Kind of a import vs. domestic race.

Words can't describe the feeling when you hit the gas in that truck. It's just awesome, and the seat of the pants feel is amazing. Honestly, it's the equivalent of hitting the throttle in the mustang, just in a much bigger vehicle. But, 570 lb ft of torque @ 2K rpm will do that to you.
The 0-60 times are real close.
Think of the weight you are moving in the F250. It will feel fast because it is moving so much weight so quickly.
My curb weight is 100lbs. less than the Fusion.
Old 3/28/07, 08:55 PM
Cobra R Member

The 0-60 times are real close.
Think of the weight you are moving in the F250. It will feel fast because it is moving so much weight so quickly.
My curb weight is 100lbs. less than the Fusion.
We should race one day ...just kidding.

BTW, I think that you can have fun in just about ANY car with a manual.
Old 3/29/07, 03:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

This is in another post on the forum but I was curious as to what the regular crew here are car wise.

Me, I am a
Chevrolet Corvette!

You're a classic - powerful, athletic, and competitive. You're all about winning the race and getting the job done. While you have a practical everyday side, you get wild when anyone pushes your pedal. You hate to lose, but you hardly ever do.

Take the Which Sports Car Are You quiz.
Old 3/29/07, 03:17 PM
GTR Member

I'll have to take that quiz... but first a bump to the top of the next page!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)