General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/07, 08:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't guess it has occurred to anyone that perhaps it has anything to do with the fact that this thread is 322 pages? Probably from a pure database perspective, you're taxing the app to find the exact posts for the pages that you are after.
Old 2/26/07, 08:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mikes rx
BTW, I think he has flat black and gloss black decals available. Let the decision making begin
Tom.. Flat black with a Matte Black spoiler.
But, as it sits now, the crome bezel is fine.

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I don't know... ask Bill how picky I am.
Mike, nobody is more picky than Tom (here in TMS)... trust me. He was loosing sleep over 1/32" height difference between the left and right sides of his car!
Nuff said.

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Bill are these the Saleen hashes you want??
Nope. The ones I ordered today are the shorter ones, they don't extend into the door, just under the 'GT' fender emblem.
Old 2/26/07, 08:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by flashfearless
I don't guess it has occurred to anyone that perhaps it has anything to do with the fact that this thread is 322 pages? Probably from a pure database perspective, you're taxing the app to find the exact posts for the pages that you are after.
This thread is a little slower due to the 323 pages ( ). But, in general, the forum is going slow, and is always down/unavailable.
Old 2/26/07, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Flowmasters vs Stingers RD 2.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=61236

IMO Stingers sound better.
Leo, sorry to rehash this from yesterday. With all the posts, we all blew by this comparison without any comments about it.

I'll shoot from the hip here.. The Flows sound tinny at the higher RPM's.

Leo, I'll keep an eye out for a set of used Stingers for you.
Old 2/26/07, 08:58 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Mike, nobody is more picky than Tom (here in TMS)... trust me. He was loosing sleep over 1/32" height difference between the left and right sides of his car!
Nuff said.
Well, that beats me. I am picky when it comes to how things look for things that I have modified. For example, trying to get the exhaust tips right, or a pinstripe, or something of that nature.

When it comes to the car as it came from the factory, I say this to myself:
"It's still a FORD....unfortunately" Although, when things go nicely on the car, I say "It's not a Ford, it's a mustang"
Old 2/26/07, 08:59 PM

This thread is a little slower due to the 323 pages ( ). But, in general, the forum is going slow, and is always down/unavailable.
I think Alan was joking... right?

And good luck finding a specific topic in the 300+ pages, if you don't bookmark the post, it'll basically be lost forever! The search feature only will direct you to this thread, not the post.
Old 2/26/07, 10:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Leo, sorry to rehash this from yesterday. With all the posts, we all blew by this comparison without any comments about it.

I'll shoot from the hip here.. The Flows sound tinny at the higher RPM's.

Leo, I'll keep an eye out for a set of used Stingers for you.
Thanks. I'm hoping to find some one in SD who's willing to let me borrow they're stingers for a couple days to see if I can tolerate the extra drone.
Old 2/27/07, 02:58 AM
GTR Member

Out of curiosity, did you notice you have a chrome license plate frame with the black tail outlines, and a black license plate frame with chrome outlines.
Maybe that is giving you an optical delusion I wonder if you would like one outline more than the other if you switch the frames around??
Yeah, I did notice that, but I don't think it would make a difference. I was focusing on the bezels and didn't notice the frames until later.

Originally Posted by flashfearless
When this thread is slow, the entire site is slow. I've thought that, too, and have tried other threads and it's just as annoying. But when it working, this thread is as quick as any other.

No, no, no. It was 1/8" - I fixed it to within 1/32".

And good luck finding a specific topic in the 300+ pages, if you don't bookmark the post, it'll basically be lost forever! The search feature only will direct you to this thread, not the post.
You can search to the post. On the bottom left in advanced search, choose 'show results as posts'.
Old 2/27/07, 05:41 AM
Cobra R Member

Thanks to mikes rx, I just ordered the Aeroform Sports Bar. Watch out, Chuck!

They just added a few more specials on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...spagenameZWDVW

Can you believe that's the same item as this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...spagenameZWD1V

That's a $136.35 savings! I'll call on Monday to ask if they can ship it quickly so I'll have it in time for the FFW. Kinda hard to ask for expedited shipping when it's free, though. I'm sure if they ship it Monday or Tuesday, I'll have it Friday from MO.
Tom, looks like you purchased the bar at the PERFECT time, as they have increased it slightly:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 2/27/07, 05:43 AM
Cobra R Member

You can search to the post. On the bottom left in advanced search, choose 'show results as posts'.
I think you can also search using "Search this thread", next to the rating tab.
Old 2/27/07, 06:43 AM
GTR Member

Tom, looks like you purchased the bar at the PERFECT time, as they have increased it slightly:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...QQcmdZViewItem
Somebody can still get lucky with this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...5163473&rd=1,1

They had 3 up like that and 2 are gone already.
Old 2/27/07, 07:12 AM

No, no, no. It was 1/8" - I fixed it to within 1/32".
That's right, sorry Tom. Still, you do strive for perfection in areas where others would consider negligible.

I think you can also search using "Search this thread", next to the rating tab.
And all this time...

Somebody can still get lucky with this one:
I think you mean someone with a CONVERTIBLE.
Old 2/27/07, 07:15 AM
GTR Member

At least we have something to do while we are at work today, Bill!
Old 2/27/07, 07:20 AM

At least we have something to do while we are at work today, Bill!
Thank God!

I was forced to lurk around other Mustang Forums yesterday. Feels nice to be back home.
Old 2/27/07, 07:21 AM
GTR Member

Thank God!

I was forced to lurk around other Mustang Forums yesterday. Feels nice to be back home.
And I would hate to have to work. Disney isn't a place to work.
Old 2/27/07, 07:23 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tom,have you seen weather update for saturday? Not looking good. I may go(FFW) on Sunday only
Old 2/27/07, 07:31 AM
Cobra R Member

Sorry to go off-topic here, but Bill, is there an easy way to do more than one quote in a message.

When I do it, I have to cut and paste what I want quoted, and manually type the "quote= member name.../quote" around it. (You can see from my post above that I don't have the arrow so that you can go to the original post)

Also, I've tried using the "multi-quote" for a single message, and can't get that to work at all.

Any advice?
Old 2/27/07, 07:35 AM

Sorry to go off-topic here, but Bill, is there an easy way to do more than one quote in a message.

When I do it, I have to cut and paste what I want quoted, and manually type the "quote= member name.../quote" around it. (You can see from my post above that I don't have the arrow so that you can go to the original post)

Also, I've tried using the "multi-quote" for a single message, and can't get that to work at all.

Any advice?
All I do is select the 'multi-quote' icon (as many as you want), then for the last quote, I select the 'quote' icon. The result is capturing all the quotes in the new reply message window.
Old 2/27/07, 07:37 AM
Cobra R Member

All I do is select the 'multi-quote' icon (as many as you want), then for the last quote, I select the 'quote' icon. The result is capturing all the quotes in the new reply message window.

Any advice?
Originally Posted by Boltzman
Tom,have you seen weather update for saturday? Not looking good. I may go(FFW) on Sunday only
Got it.... Multi-quote is for different posts, not different parts of the same post.

Thanks for the help
Old 2/27/07, 07:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Finally got my strut tower covers yesterday. My new digicam should be here today so I'll finally be able to start taking pics again.

I Called MWAG yesterday about the status of my radiator cover extensions and was told that they may or may not ship out this week.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)