General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 2/12/07, 10:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
OC Cruise: 2/17

Brian & Leo: Are you guys going to the OC Cruise this Sat?
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-flyervs3.jpg  
Old 2/12/07, 11:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep !!.
Gotta wash the car, it looks like poo thanks to the rain we got. I'll polish the tailpipes too, Leo gave me the lowdown and then you posted pics, perfect timing

Even though there isn't a blower to be given away the test drives seem pretty cool.
Old 2/12/07, 12:21 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UPR has Granatelli's radiator support for like $80 - check out my BMR write up for the link.
Old 2/12/07, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by habu
Yep !!.

Even though there isn't a blower to be given away the test drives seem pretty cool.
I'm going to try and make it!... but just for the Saleen meet. **taking cover as Brain (and maybe Leo) prepares to fire! )**

Roundtrip is just toooo far for me.

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
UPR has Granatelli's radiator support for like $80 - check out my BMR write up for the link.
I'd rather pay the extra $$ for the BMR piece. I don't know.. for some reason, I refuse to have any Granatelli pieces on my car.
Old 2/12/07, 01:41 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I'd rather pay the extra $$ for the BMR piece. I don't know.. for some reason, I refuse to have any Granatelli pieces on my car.
I would, too, if it was like $10 or $20, but $90 off is a pretty darn good deal. If it actually performed some function other then a support, I wouldn't want the Granatelli piece, either. But do you think they could bend and weld some tubing half-a s s?
Old 2/12/07, 02:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm going to try and make it!... but just for the Saleen meet. **taking cover as Brian (and maybe Leo) prepares to fire! )**

Roundtrip is just toooo far for me.

wow you get a and a in one post.

yeah, yeah, The trip to Irvine is gonna be traumatic enough, your car won't know what to do !!!!

I wouldn't put Granatelli pieces on my car either, just my opinion of course, after everything that happened it makes me question everything they put out.
Old 2/12/07, 02:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I won't be at the cruise since I'll be at JBA's dyno day.

Swaybar delete rad support- While I agree about GMS being the price is to good to pass up. Like Tom said it's just a bar so there's not much for them to screw up. I'll wait and see what the guy on the other thread says when he get's his before pulling the trigger.
Old 2/12/07, 02:58 PM

yeah, yeah, The trip to Irvine is gonna be traumatic enough, your car won't know what to do !!!!
My car hasn't ran for longer than 1 1/2 hours at any one time... I'm not sure what'll happen if it subjected to a longer run time.
It might blow up?? (hehehe!)

I wouldn't put Granatelli pieces on my car either, just my opinion of course, after everything that happened it makes me question everything they put out.
Leo summed it up pretty well here.
Old 2/12/07, 03:33 PM
GTR Member

Here are my before and after tips pics. I polished them quick before it started to get dark:

Attachment 19323 Attachment 19328

I don't usually let them get this bad, but with all the rain we've been having lately, I haven't bothered washing the car much.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5033.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5038.jpg  
Old 2/12/07, 03:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

After looking around online I've found that everyother vendor sells the GMS bar for the same amount as the BMR bar if not more. I wonder how UPR can afford to sell it a such a low price.

Tom-that's how my tips looked before last week. Have you got any shipping confirmation from MWAG yet? I'm dying to see what those ext covers look like in a gloss finish.
Old 2/12/07, 03:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'll show you my tips, if you show me yours.
Attachment 19330Attachment 19329

Obviously my before shots.
Attached Images   
Old 2/12/07, 03:46 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
After looking around online I've found that everyother vendor sells the GMS bar for the same amount as the BMR bar if not more. I wonder how UPR can afford to sell it a such a low price.

Tom-that's how my tips looked before last week. Have you got any shipping confirmation from MWAG yet? I'm dying to see what those ext covers look like in a gloss finish.
I know... I've never seen it that cheap... if you want it, get it - before they change their minds on the price!

I just sent the strut tower covers back on Saturday. They won't be painting any PW radiator extentions until the end of this week. By then, they'll have my package and they'll ship out new strut tower covers and the extensions. I sent one of the old strut tower cover back so they could see the difference in color.

They should look like the bumper... or the hood... or anything else on the car that's painted.
Old 2/12/07, 03:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I know... I've never seen it that cheap... if you want it, get it - before they change their minds on the price!

I just sent the strut tower covers back on Saturday. They won't be painting any PW radiator extentions until the end of this week. By then, they'll have my package and they'll ship out new strut tower covers and the extensions. I sent one of the old strut tower cover back so they could see the difference in color.

They should look like the bumper... or the hood... or anything else on the car that's painted.
I know I know but still I refuse to order untill I see some pics.
Old 2/12/07, 06:07 PM

Here are my before and after tips pics. I polished them quick before it started to get dark:
Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
I'll show you my tips, if you show me yours.
Obviously my before shots.
Holy Moly! Those tips are dirty! I thought mine were dirty; mine looked clean compared to them!
Old 2/12/07, 06:08 PM
GTR Member

Holy Moly! Those tips are dirty! I thought mine were dirty; mine looked clean compared to them!
You should be expecting this:

See how clean they look once you actually start driving the car.

Do you realize how hard it is to keep the car looking like THIS when it's driven daily??????

Or like THIS? Oh... look at those tips...
Old 2/12/07, 08:18 PM

Do you realize how hard it is to keep the car looking like THIS when it's driven daily??????
Believe me, I commend you guys who keep your dailys' show ready. I do know how much work is involved detailing it, especially after driving through foul weather.

I do plan on putting around 60 miles this Saturday. I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but considering it'll be the 2nd longest trip I'll be taking since new, it is a big deal.
Old 2/12/07, 08:51 PM
GTR Member

No...
confidant
. And, = I'm not 100% serious. Should I have put ?

They are aware of the need for a plug. I don't mind the hole being in the cover. If I trade the car in down the road and want to sell the covers, they'll work on anybody's car. It doesn't look bad... it's still going around something.

I talked to Dan at MWAG and he completely understands. No problem at all.
Mr. Grammar,you need to check your Grammar
Old 2/12/07, 09:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Cool livin' in da hood...

I went to my local dealer today and tried to order the insulation for under my Shelby GT500 hood. He couldn't find it in the system. I know that I've seen it on other cars. Anybody know if it's available and what's the part number?

Thanks,

Ray
Old 2/12/07, 09:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Actually when you live in Sunny Florida (or Cali for that matter) it wouldn't be that hard. Live where I live and see if it looks that nice all the time
We have Cold/Rain/Snow/Sleet/Wind/Dust/Hail/Tornadoes/Earthquakes Now LOL and sometimes most of those in the same day.
For instance today we have had cold, wind, rain, turning to snow this evening and we had an earthquake, all in one day. Welcome to America's Hellhole
Old 2/12/07, 09:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
I went to my local dealer today and tried to order the insulation for under my Shelby GT500 hood. He couldn't find it in the system. I know that I've seen it on other cars. Anybody know if it's available and what's the part number?

Thanks,

Ray
One word 05stangKC give him call

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)