General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 2/3/07, 07:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If all you did was drive to the place you took the pics...I can't believe you'd call that a cruise.

Great pics.
Old 2/3/07, 07:39 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks awesome Bill. I could have sworn you had quarter louvers I think that would set it off.
I just got my New covers today and agree w/Leo that they don't look too good.It looks like they got smashed on the one side.They could have redesigned it and made the black inner circle perfectly round.I think that would help a lot.
Old 2/3/07, 07:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
Looks awesome Bill. I could have sworn you had quarter louvers I think that would set it off.
I just got my New covers today and agree w/Leo that they don't look too good.It looks like they got smashed on the one side.They could have redesigned it and made the black inner circle perfectly round.I think that would help a lot.
Yup. I agree 100% that's what I've been saying all along. An even better solution would have been to keep them like they were and just shaved a centimeter or two from where they were having problems.

I'm going to follow Tom's lead and get rid of my "future mod" section. No point in telling people what I have planned.
Old 2/3/07, 07:43 PM
GTR Member

By the way no info about sending them back.No label or anything..
Old 2/3/07, 07:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

[quote=89Trooper;835122]Here are some pics of the new Midwest Shock (Strut) Tower Covers. I tried getting different angles so you could get a feel for them.

I've been driving the car though rain for a week, so we aren't looking at the dirt in any of these pictures, we're looking at the covers:

Attachment 18641 Attachment 18642 Attachment 18643 Attachment 18644 Attachment 18645 Attachment 18646

And, before Bill says anything, I already cleaned off my brake reservoir.

I'm actually surprised (and impressed). After all the trouble with them and the negative feedback on this forum. I think they look really good. I hope you all like the final results. I may have to get some myself.
Old 2/3/07, 08:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
If all you did was drive to the place you took the pics...I can't believe you'd call that a cruise.

Great pics.
Hey, 2 miles is 2 miles.

On the pics, I have enough full body shots, now I'm exploring the macro and abstract angle world.
Old 2/3/07, 09:11 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
They could have redesigned it and made the black inner circle perfectly round.I think that would help a lot.
Probably easier said than done. I don't know what the big deal is... they really don't look all that bad - this is much better than a bulging hood - and much better than just seeing the 5 nuts.
Old 2/3/07, 09:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Check out this vid. The local track isn't doing to well so they made this vid trying to get some publicity. DonW is the star of the vid but if you look close you see my car twice. The first time just me pulling up to the line and the second time is just the rear end of my car during a burnout.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmC2XErxSz4

Who's everyone rooting for tomorrow? I'm going for the Colts.
Old 2/3/07, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Probably easier said than done. I don't know what the big deal is... they really don't look all that bad - this is much better than a bulging hood - and much better than just seeing the 5 nuts.
Yeah, I have to agree with Tom. Had Midwest introduced this cover from the get go, we all would be jumping on this bandwagon. All the fuss is over because everyone saw a more pleasing (or different) design at the beginning. This applies to anything where you're given more than one choice instead of only one option; some will like one better over the other.

Hey, I'll take whatever at this point just to cover my nuts.
Old 2/3/07, 09:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Yeah, I have to agree with Tom. Had Midwest introduced this cover from the get go, we all would be jumping on this bandwagon. All the fuss is over because everyone saw a more pleasing (or different) design at the beginning. This applies to anything where you're given more than one choice instead of only one option; some will like one better over the other.

Hey, I'll take whatever at this point just to cover my nuts.

I'm not a fan of the new design but I'm going to live with it since it's better than having my nuts exposed.
Old 2/3/07, 09:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Bill-Not sure If you've seen this or not but I found it in your "torch red" thread.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g4...g?t=1170562671
Old 2/3/07, 09:33 PM

Check out this vid...Who's everyone rooting for tomorrow? I'm going for the Colts.
Nice vid, Leo. I saw your car in there!

There's a game tomorrow??

Bill-Not sure If you've seen this or not but I found it in your "torch red" thread.
The red hood strut brackets? They look okay, I even thought about painting mine a long time ago, but I like my black brackets now.
Old 2/3/07, 10:01 PM
Cobra Member

Steeda Tri-axe

Looks like mod #2 will be ordered Monday morning. Marcello at Silver Horse is giving me a great deal. I was starting to lean to MGW, but the price is very right.
Old 2/3/07, 10:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Leo, too bad about the track. It looks like a lot of fun. I'll probably end up going to Irwindale up here at some point. As I'm sure you know, the car just begs to be raced.

Anywho, without further ado.

Before & After FRPP Springs install. The pics, the last two, are kinda crappy because I had the camera on the wrong setting. I'll get a better after in the next couple of days.

Bottom line is that it took us about 2-1/2 hours to do it. Only had to refer to the how-tos once and that was for the rear springs. Now all I have to do is get it aligned just to be sure.
Before

The driveway is uneven so it looks a little lower than it actually is.
Before

After
Old 2/3/07, 10:03 PM
Cobra Member

I'm not a fan of the new design but I'm going to live with it since it's better than having my nuts exposed.
TMI!!!

Old 2/3/07, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by pville piper
Looks like mod #2 will be ordered Monday morning. Marcello at Silver Horse is giving me a great deal. I was starting to lean to MGW, but the price is very right.
John, what was mod #2? A shifter? If so, what you decide on?

Originally Posted by habu
Before & After FRPP Springs install.
Looks great, Brian!

Get her on level ground and snap a few more pics.

Well after your hour long ride home, how's it ride?
Old 2/3/07, 11:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by pville piper
Very cool. Going down the mod road is a lot of fun.

Looks great, Brian!

Get her on level ground and snap a few more pics.

Well after your hour long ride home, how's it ride?
Thanks !! I was worried because one side seemed higher than the other and once I put it on the street I could see it was all nice and level.

The ride is pretty good. Not harsh at all but perhaps too much rebound in the struts. Maybe, maybe FRPP struts in the future. Maybe. I was able to take a couple of corners up in the hills by my house at about 50(it's a 20mph posted turn) or so with absolutely no body roll it's like it was glued to the road. I could have gone faster but didn't want to push it too much. I am way beyond happy with this mod.

Bonus, no clunking or other noise and no scraping. I'll just NEVER be able to get under it to do the oil.
Old 2/4/07, 12:20 AM

The ride is pretty good. Not harsh at all but perhaps too much rebound in the struts. Maybe, maybe FRPP struts in the future. Maybe.

I'll just NEVER be able to get under it to do the oil.
Maybe? That means YES! I think Tom was looking at the FRPP struts and shocks at one time.
Tom, what was the best price you found for these?

Guess you'll now need some Rhino ramps to do your oil change. They work pretty good, as long as they don't slide as you drive up on them!
Old 2/4/07, 12:32 AM

Okay, finally got my short vids uploaded. Nothing too exciting (aka. illegal exhibition of speed), but was fun making nontheless.

Street Pass 1

Steet Pass 2

Coming to stop
Old 2/4/07, 05:37 AM
GTR Member

The ride is pretty good. Not harsh at all but perhaps too much rebound in the struts.
Looks good! Yeah, take some more pics when you can.

Finally... finally, somebody who understands the rebound problem.

Maybe? That means YES! I think Tom was looking at the FRPP struts and shocks at one time.
Tom, what was the best price you found for these?
$400-ish. I was looking at the new Steeda struts/shocks, too. I never did get any because I didn't think it would make THAT much of a difference for the money. If I had the FRPP springs, I would probably have already changed the struts/shocks, though. If I remember correctly, they have a 1.5" drop all the way around, so Brian is probably feeling the rebound problem more than us with the Ultra Lite springs.

Check out this vid. The local track isn't doing to well so they made this vid trying to get some publicity. DonW is the star of the vid but if you look close you see my car twice. The first time just me pulling up to the line and the second time is just the rear end of my car during a burnout.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmC2XErxSz4
Who's everyone rooting for tomorrow? I'm going for the Colts.
Hope the track pulls through - wish we had something like that by me. Actually, we do, but it's about an hour away. I'll have to go sometime.
I'm watching the game because others will be here and it'll be on - and for the commercials.

Okay, finally got my short vids uploaded. Nothing too exciting (aka. illegal exhibition of speed), but was fun making nontheless.
Still waiting for a donut video.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)