General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 1/25/07, 12:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Rob at BSM will be sending me out a replacement front bumber stripe. I'm not too satisfied on how one side came out (the side of my first attempt on the bumper).

This time around, I'll try to maintain a consistent 2" gap at the nose.

This is something that has been bugging me since the day I put the stripes on.

Since I'm sold on the stripes, I really would to get them painted, but cost is hard to justify.

FYI for anyone interested in the BSM kit, Rob is now shipping the front bumper vinyl as a 2 piece kit, unlike me and Daryl's 1 piece. Apparently the switch is because over time, the vinyl may lift at the step near the front license plate and for easier installation.

I like the easier install part, but I just don't care for the 'step' in the front bumber like the GT500 vinyl job. I have yet to see one Shelby stripe jobe that has an even overlap gap between te left and right sides.... terrible vinyl workmanship for a $50k car.
Old 1/25/07, 01:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Were on Page 281!
Old 1/25/07, 02:28 PM
GTR Member

Cool! How long have you been waiting to say that?

Wait a minute! I have dual monitors at work, and on the right one it says 182...
Old 1/25/07, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper

Wait a minute! I have dual monitors at work, and on the right one it says 182...
Probably after my post today.

Tom, don't get Leo started on the 182 again.
Old 1/25/07, 02:32 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Probably after my post today.

Tom, don't get Leo started on the 182 again.
Nah... I bet he's been thinking about it since page 260 or something!

Sorry, but I still want to know how people see "182"... are they the same people that saw "teJ arboC" in the old days? They're just pu dekcuf if you ask me... I'm talking about the people who told you this Leo, not you (unless, of course, you see 182, too).
Old 1/25/07, 03:35 PM
GTR Member

This is something that has been bugging me since the day I put the stripes on.
I would have had to do this a long, long time ago.
Old 1/26/07, 07:51 AM

I would have had to do this a long, long time ago.
I hear you, but being that it isn't that bad, it's been on the bottom of my list of things to do.

Rob already sent me out the 2 piece bumper kit, but I think I'll keep this as a back up and re-order the 1 piece. This time around, he's only charging me for the shipping which is fine with me because I know he's not in the business of providing free products and shipping.

Per his suggestion, I'm going to wait until the warmer months before attempting the re-stripe.

It's going to be such a pain to do, I'm really not looking forward to doing it (again).
Old 1/26/07, 08:01 AM

My low fuel message has been on for over a month now, so I'm looking forward to making my 4th(?) trip to the gas station hopefully this weekend.

Like last time, I may only put around 5 or 6 gallons on 91 in just to keep things fresh.
Old 1/26/07, 09:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My low fuel message has been on for over a month now, so I'm looking forward to making my 4th(?) trip to the gas station hopefully this weekend.

Like last time, I may only put around 5 or 6 gallons on 91 in just to keep things fresh.
Must be nice. Have you cracked 700 miles yet ??...

Bill, like I used to say, putting only 5 or 6 gallons in the car is keeping it light, for racing... (or burning out in a very childish manner in a business park) LOL
Old 1/26/07, 09:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

I just ordered my FRPP springs for my car from John Bleakley !!! at 159 bucks it's about 100 bucks less than the eibach counterparts from most of the popular places. So I couldn't pass this up.

While I was at it I ordered a new "blackout" for the rear panel to get rid of the GTS plastic one I have now and the ever important fender cover for when I work on my car.

Who needs work when there are modding parts to buy on the 'net ??
Old 1/26/07, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by habu
Must be nice. Have you cracked 700 miles yet ??...

Bill, like I used to say, putting only 5 or 6 gallons in the car is keeping it light, for racing... (or burning out in a very childish manner in a business park) LOL
Nope, only around 670ish.

And, I bet I can do the same burnouts with a full tank of gas!

I just ordered my FRPP springs for my car from John Bleakley !!! at 159 bucks it's about 100 bucks less than the eibach counterparts from most of the popular places. So I couldn't pass this up.
Got any reference pics of how your car will look lowered with the FRPP springs?
Old 1/26/07, 10:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Nope, only around 670ish.

And, I bet I can do the same burnouts with a full tank of gas!

Got any reference pics of how your car will look lowered with the FRPP springs?
here you go... taken from the VB thread...He has the 18" Cobra wheels vs. the 18" Bullits.... Otherwise it ought to be a close match.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attach...5&d=1163517876
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attach...6&d=1163517876

edit... just realized that they were attached to the post and not from photobucket. I'll push them up to mine so that they show on the thread.
Old 1/26/07, 10:57 AM

here you go... taken from the VB thread...He has the 18" Cobra wheels vs. the 18" Bullits.... Otherwise it ought to be a close match.
That looks really sharp! I like how it still retains the slight forward rake.
Old 1/26/07, 12:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attach...5&d=1163517876
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attach...6&d=1163517876

edit... just realized that they were attached to the post and not from photobucket. I'll push them up to mine so that they show on the thread.
Looks good. You'll just have to be very carefull going over speed bumps and driveways. I think it's going to be nearly impossible not to scrape the chin spoiler if you do decide to get it.

Since May??

Wow it's slow in here when I'm not being a post -----. I've been busy lately working on a "personal" appearance mod. I'll be getting braces within a couple weeks so I've been in and out of the dentist office.

Bill-Are you competing with Tom for the "most ****" award??? I remember you showing me the problem with your stripes. IMO it's fine the way it is and I probably wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out. I have to agree about the GT500's having crappy stripe jobs.
Old 1/26/07, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Bill-Are you competing with Tom for the "most ****" award??? I remember you showing me the problem with your stripes. IMO it's fine the way it is and I probably wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out. I have to agree about the GT500's having crappy stripe jobs.
No one can compete against Tom for that Award!

I know my stripes are fine the way they are, but I just want to tighen them up a bit. No big rush on my end, I know they are being shipped to me and I'll wait until it get's hot out before attempting it.
Old 1/26/07, 02:21 PM

I finally sold the Shaker **** to a friend for some riduculous low amount that I can't mention... okay $5.

As promised, MGW will be shipping my shiny new chrome **** next week.

I was about to pull the trigger on the coat hangers at the same time, but it would have turned into that plus the seat lever buckles, plus the...
Old 1/26/07, 08:05 PM
Cobra Member

Well I am having a wonderful time here in Toronto, Canada... Yesterday it was -16 C with a wind chill of about -25... I don't need a C to F conversion to know it is freaking cold!!! Today is not too bad... a bit warmer but it is snowing. Hope ya'll are staying warmer than me... Can't wait to get back to Bama Monday!
Old 1/26/07, 08:09 PM
Cobra Member

Very nice, looks great!
Old 1/26/07, 08:18 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I have to agree about the GT500's having crappy stripe jobs.
Me too. I just saw one at a local cruise. A guy in Prattville bought one from the local dealer just before Christmas. He actually got to order it the way he wanted and they didn't slam him too bad on the ADM. It was interesting to see the interior as it had the red Icap. It was a darker red than mine. I like my red better and my dark IUP as well. Overall not bad, I like the front end and hood much better in person. He seemed to think that the underside was like the GT with special areodynamics but that was the first I had heard about it.
Old 1/26/07, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by pville piper

Well I am having a wonderful time here in Toronto, Canada... Yesterday it was -16 C with a wind chill of about -25... I don't need a C to F conversion to know it is freaking cold!!!
One reason why I'll never live in Canada.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)