Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 1/15/07, 10:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Check out the steeda strut covers.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=164

Still want them Bill and Chuck??
Man, I'm dissapointed at them. Why can't someone produce a nice looking cover for the strut towers?

Steeda was on the right track, but it makes no sense to cover the center strut nut, but leave the other 4 mounting nuts exposed.

Leo- I have no other option but to see what MWAG sends you as the final product. Let me check it out before you return yours.
Old 1/15/07, 11:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Man, I'm dissapointed at them. Why can't someone produce a nice looking cover for the strut towers?

Steeda was on the right track, but it makes no sense to cover the center strut nut, but leave the other 4 mounting nuts exposed.

Leo- I have no other option but to see what MWAG sends you as the final product. Let me check it out before you return yours.
No problem I'll wait. I was acutally thinking we might be forced into keeping them since no one else has anything better out. I might just keep them and use the originals just for show.
Old 1/16/07, 07:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I thought I'd let everyone know I ordered color samples from graphics-express today. I asked for slate metallic, silver metallic, charcoal metallic, and matte black. Once I decide on the color I think I'm going to just bite the bullit and order a shaker stripe like Tom's. I'm really hoping I like it since there's no returns unless I decide on matte black or slate metallic. Worst case scenario I'm out $100 if I go with a "custom" color and decide I don't like it.
Old 1/16/07, 08:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

OK I promise I won't make another post untill everyone catches up.
What do you guys think of these emblems?
http://www.fordemblem.com/details.ph...stang&i=110601

http://www.fordemblem.com/details.ph...stang&i=110502
Old 1/16/07, 08:05 AM

No problem I'll wait. I was acutally thinking we might be forced into keeping them since no one else has anything better out. I might just keep them and use the originals just for show.
So let me get this straight...

If we keep the new designed covers, we also get to keep the original covers?

BUT, if we decide to get a refund, they will require us to send back both the original and newly sent covers?

Old 1/16/07, 08:22 AM

Both look good to me, but the 'GT' is less noticable because it's so close to stock.

I thought I'd let everyone know I ordered color samples from graphics-express today.
Ever consider dual 12" wide racing stripes?

Here's some pics of Matte black, Dark Grey, Dark Charcoal Metallic.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-matte-black-stripes.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-matte-black-stripes2.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dk-charcoal-metallic.jpg  
Attached Images    
Old 1/16/07, 08:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

So let me get this straight...

If we keep the new designed covers, we also get to keep the original covers?

BUT, if we decide to get a refund, they will require us to send back both the original and newly sent covers?

That's my understanding anyways.

Both look good to me, but the 'GT' is less noticable because it's so close to stock.

Ever consider dual 12" wide racing stripes?

Here's some pics of Matte black, Dark Grey, Dark Charcoal Metallic.
I'm not a fan of stripes on a black car. They don't look bad but to me it doesn't have the same Ooooo and Ah factor that your car, a VB with white stripes, or a PW with VB stripes has. Plus I don't think I'd have the patience to apply them.
Old 1/16/07, 08:33 AM

I'm not a fan of stripes on a black car...
Aside from that, you can see what the different color vinyls look on your Black hood.
Old 1/16/07, 08:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Disregard what I said earlier about the MWAG shock tower covers. I just called them and what they told me was If you want to keep your old ones then you don't get new ones. If you want the new ones then they'll send them to you and included will be a prepaid shipping label to send back the old ones.

This really ****es me off. I want to keep my old one's and use them only for show but I can't because they have that rub mark. I asked if I could have my old mold replaced and was told all the old ones have been destroyed. So now I'm either stuck with my defective tower covers, the new crappy covers, or even worse no covers at all.
Old 1/16/07, 08:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Aside from that, you can see what the different color vinyls look on your Black hood.
I think I like the dark metallic charcoal which means it will cost me $99 since it's a custom color.
Old 1/16/07, 09:35 AM

Disregard what I said earlier about the MWAG shock tower covers.
Thanks for calling them up and getting it straight.

I'm thinking to go with the new covers no matter what. Even though my 'old' ones are perfect (no rub marks), it'll always be on my mind that they will eventually rub through.

I understand that they can be used for 'Show Only', but I really don't want to hassle with the on/off at the shows, Mustang Cafe, or anywhere else I want to pop open my hood to show it off.

So, I'm assuming that MWAG hasn't acted on our account yet until you officially tell them that you want or don't want the new covers? Or did you already tell them to ship the new ones?

I think I like the dark metallic charcoal which means it will cost me $99 since it's a custom color.
I think the D/M Charcoal looks the best too. The Matte looks good, but I'm not sure about the long run since it can't be waxed like the Gloss or Metallic. ** Am I right on this? **
Old 1/16/07, 09:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Leo, stop smoking that junk!

Remember when you said for me to tell you when you start doing 'tupid stuff? Leave them alone or like Tom said, take them both off.
+1

my .02, take 'em off. If they bother you it'll be worse every time you look at it.
Old 1/16/07, 09:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Noooo!!!

Don't do that design, Leo.

Rest easy as I can't since they only offer it as a paint stencil.

Don't you dare! Get over it, it looks great!

Keep in mind, any derogatory comment you make on the awkard appearance of the '281's' affects me too.
Leo, stop smoking that junk!

Remember when you said for me to tell you when you start doing 'tupid stuff? Leave them alone or like Tom said, take them both off.

OK, OK your right and thanks for the I needed it.

Thanks for calling them up and getting it straight.

I'm thinking to go with the new covers no matter what. Even though my 'old' ones are perfect (no rub marks), it'll always be on my mind that they will eventually rub through.

I understand that they can be used for 'Show Only', but I really don't want to hassle with the on/off at the shows, Mustang Cafe, or anywhere else I want to pop open my hood to show it off.

So, I'm assuming that MWAG hasn't acted on our account yet until you officially tell them that you want or don't want the new covers? Or did you already tell them to ship the new ones?

No problem. I see your point it's just I think the new design is so half-a$$ed. Maybe they'll grow on me. Eitherway I guess it looks better than not having the area covered at all.

I think the D/M Charcoal looks the best too. The Matte looks good, but I'm not sure about the long run since it can't be waxed like the Gloss or Metallic. ** Am I right on this? **

Your right about not being able to wax the matte black they have a disclaimer on they're site that states that. Not only that but matte black would be a little to suttle IMO.

+1
my .02, take 'em off. If they bother you it'll be worse every time you look at it.

Ah like I told Bill I'll just leave them on. I guess I just got butt hurt when I heard the idiot at the track say wtf is a 182.
Old 1/16/07, 10:16 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I guess I just got butt hurt when I heard the idiot at the track say wtf is a 182.
Was that before or after you smoked his ***?
Jealousy makes immature jackasses spew derogatory and asinine comments.
Of course I would have said something like, "It says 281, WTF are you illiterate or just stupid.
Old 1/16/07, 10:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Was that before or after you smoked his ***?
Jealousy makes immature jackasses spew derogatory and asinine comments.
Of course I would have said something like, "It says 281, WTF are you illiterate or just stupid.
It was acutally the announcer. He didn't say it on the mic though. He was standing outside the booth while I was lined up at the burn out box so I didn't really have time to say anything.
Old 1/16/07, 10:45 AM

It was acutally the announcer. He didn't say it on the mic though. He was standing outside the booth while I was lined up at the burn out box so I didn't really have time to say anything.
Ehh, don't even bother wasting your breath. I know if anyone talks smack about my car, they are either Camaro lovers or the itsy-witsy minority.
Old 1/16/07, 10:50 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ah like I told Bill I'll just leave them on. I guess I just got butt hurt when I heard the idiot at the track say wtf is a 182.

I see your point. It'd bother me too then.

If I can add to the opinions today...

Gold or possibly Silver stripes look good on a black car... that's about it. Unless you have a matte black, blacked out hood.

I don't like any of the strut covers, except for the steeda ones, maybe.

Old 1/16/07, 01:22 PM
GTR Member

And bow your hood.
Old 1/16/07, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
And bow your hood.
Yeah, that too.
Old 1/16/07, 03:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Link to pics of my Bullit Lug Nuts.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...453#post821453

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)