I couldn't resist!
Old 10/5/06, 12:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like Bill was busy today.
Old 10/5/06, 03:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Messing around with a free version of photoshop what do you guys think?

Nothing special here just cropped it. I really like this pic Richard took.
Old 10/5/06, 03:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Well I'm coming up on my 4 year wedding anniversary and the wife has offered to buy me my chin spoiler or get several other things on my mod list that equal the price of the chin spoiler. So I'd like to ask what do you guys think I should get? BTW if I go with the chin spoiler it getting painted to match the car.
Just reposting this so no one misses it. As always I wan't opinions. I'm so indecisive.

Tuner Update
VERNON,
CA, US 10/04/2006 8:49 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

Hopefully I get it today since Vernon is only about 160 miles from San Diego.
Old 10/5/06, 05:47 AM
GTR Member

Looks like Bill was busy today.
I know Bill was getting sick. Maybe it got the best of him and he's been in bed recouping?

Hopefully I get it today since Vernon is only about 160 miles from San Diego.
Unfortunately, if UPS says Friday, it will most likely be Friday. I've never had something from them or Fed-Ex miraculously show up a day early. If anything, Fed-Ex will screw up and bring it a day late. UPS is always on time, but never early.

Look on the bright side... you could have to wait two freakin' weeks to use it!
Old 10/5/06, 07:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
They better start making episodes again that make my wife and I turn to each other at the very end and go, "No... F'ing... Way...!!". If that doesn't start happening, I'll probably stop watching.
I completely agree with you. And we're ready to stop wasting our time too. I think the problem is that they have not written an end to the series yet, so not even the writers know where it's going. That just makes me less interested in the show, because I feel like we're not going anywhere.
Old 10/5/06, 08:13 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Just reposting this so no one misses it. As always I wan't opinions. I'm so indecisive.
Get the CDC Chin spoiler and be done with it.

As Tom mentioned, you can always get the smaller stuff anytime (ie. MGW engine accessories, shock tower covers, etc.).

After the chin spoiler, your next biggie should be an Ultralite drop! (Right, Tom?)

I know Bill was getting sick. Maybe it got the best of him and he's been in bed recouping?
Exactly right! I was jacked up lastnight bigtime.

But, I think I'm on the road to recovery now (I hope!).
Old 10/5/06, 08:14 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
After the chin spoiler, your next biggie should be an Ultralite drop! (Right, Tom?)
DEFINITELY!
Old 10/5/06, 08:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Ok, time to educate Susan. I have a couple of questions:
As nice as the engine bay looks, my attention goes from the S/C to the rusty center strut stud.

It has become a pet peeve of mine seeing these rusted out strut studs at carshows. I'd say 80% of all 05/06's fall victim to this corrosion.

To think, all it takes is a little grease between your fingers to protect it from rusting.
I feel stupid, but I don't understand. Will you show me where to look?

Also, I'm noticing on that other Leothread that everyone seems to have their "XCal" in their trunks. Is that another tuner fish like y'all's Doug Tuner Fish? And why do you need it with you all the time? Can the car fall out of tune?

OK I am having a problem. My car has just over half a tank of gas. I need to make a trip tonight on a tight schedule, so I stopped to fill it up. It said 113 miles to empty. But then it only took 2.5 gallons and topped out and bubbled over and spurted all over the side (ugh!!!). I thought maybe I had the pump handle in too far or out too far or too much to one side or the other, or top or bottom, so I tried everything and kept spurting more out. So I finished the transaction and started over. 41c later, same story. So I swiped my card again and it wouldn't let me use my card (I guess an identity theft precaution). What the heck? The only thing I can figure is that either the pump was messed up (Maybe I should have moved to another) or my fuel guage is messed up. But I have driven to the airport, home, to work and home twice so I really think 1/2 tank is about right. Now I'm scared to make the trip tonight. Any thoughts? I think I'll try a different gas station at lunch or something. Normally I don't leave at lunch though.
Old 10/5/06, 08:47 AM
GTR Member

Under what these caps cover:

Also, I'm noticing on that other Leothread that everyone seems to have their "XCal" in their trunks. Is that another tuner fish like y'all's Doug Tuner Fish? And why do you need it with you all the time? Can the car fall out of tune?
Yes, that is a tuner, and no, you don't need it with you all the time. If people drag race, they may take it with them to the track, tune in a Race set-up, then re-tune back to another tune for normal driving. I won't keep mine in the car. And, no, the car won't fall out of tune. All it is is a different set of 0's and 1's for the computer to read. It'll fall out of tune as easy as your stock tune could fall out of tune.

OK I am having a problem.
I still have problems filling up sometimes... it quits before the tank is full. This was supposed to be fixed from the problem on the '05's (filler neck too small), but I guess the neck is still not quite big enough. Sometimes it is the pump you are using, so you could try a different one at the same station.
Old 10/5/06, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by swwake
I keep my XCal with me simply because if my car ever goes into 'Fail Safe Mode' for whatever reason (paying attention, Tom?), I'll have the ability to re-flash it back to Stock (or clear any codes that caused the Fail Safe).
It's small and won't take up any room in the trunk. Think about it, it's more beneficial to have with you on the road than at home in your tool box.

Here's mine compared to one of the cars at my recent carshow. The difference is obvious.
Attached Images   
Old 10/5/06, 09:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the help, guys.

Here's mine compared to one of the cars at my recent carshow. The difference is obvious.
Ok I see it, but I don't see how you could see that on the CDC site.
http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com...nvert_CDC.html
Eagle-Eye Bill
Old 10/5/06, 09:37 AM
GTR Member

It's small and won't take up any room in the trunk.
Look for a protective case for it yet? There should be something at Wal-Mart or Target like a DS case or something.
Old 10/5/06, 09:48 AM

Eagle-Eye Bill
Umm... I have a big monitor!

Look for a protective case for it yet? There should be something at Wal-Mart or Target like a DS case or something.
I'm just using the SCT box, fits perfectly and it's wrapped in with that large bubble wrap (the one that came in the shipping box).
Old 10/5/06, 09:49 AM
GTR Member

I'll be selling my caps soon... I think somebody should buy them for $89!

Attachment 10865 Attachment 10864 Attachment 10866

Don't they look good? - even next to those clean ones?
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-strut-stud.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 10/5/06, 10:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Umm... I have a big monitor!
Oh my goodness!

I'll be selling my caps soon... I think somebody should buy them for $89!
Don't they look good? - even next to those clean ones?
Weren't you the one who said you don't have (much) chrome under your hood? I kinda like them, but unfortunately can't afford $89 at the moment. Do they come in a pretty black?
Old 10/5/06, 10:40 AM
GTR Member

Weren't you the one who said you don't have (much) chrome under your hood? I kinda like them, but unfortunately can't afford $89 at the moment. Do they come in a pretty black?
Yes, but it's slowly disappearing. For the show poster Bill & Kevin made for me, I'm sending Bill my A/C cap covers. So they will be black again (and the billet ones will look much better with Bill's car's scheme). Then I'll be getting the new Midwest strut tower covers in white or black (which will be around $89), so that's 10 more pieces of shiny stuff out from under the hood. Can you believe those 10 pieces were $113? But they are all CNC machined out of solid pieces of aluminum, and then polished.

I just did a search on Google for "upr strut tower nut covers" and out of 67,100 findings, I came up on #2 and #3!

#2 was me talking about the new Midwest covers in a thread, and #3 was my signature.
Old 10/5/06, 11:05 AM
Bullitt Member

I just did a search on Google for "upr strut tower nut covers" and out of 67,100 findings, I came up on #2 and #3!

#2 was me talking about the new Midwest covers in a thread, and #3 was my signature.
That's hilarious.
Old 10/5/06, 11:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Tom- Looks like UPS is delivering a miracle today.
CHULA VISTA,
CA, US 10/05/2006 5:03 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

Bill- Well hopefully it's just a cold. As far as the springs I don't want to do those untill I get my new wheels and tires.

Susan- Sounds like you have the gas tank tsb. Don't bother taking it in. I've taken mine several times and it still does it. As Tom said just try a different pump or station. I hate when that happens to me it's so embrassing people look at me like I'm D-bag.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)