General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 9/30/06, 05:18 AM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
How do I make that poster into a jpeg so I can put it on photobucket?
What format is it in now?
Old 9/30/06, 08:31 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
How do I make that poster into a jpeg so I can put it on photobucket?
Just e-mailed you the jpeg version.

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
What format is it in now?
Original file is in .psd (PhotoShop extension). I had to host it up on YouSendIt for Leo because it was something like 76MB.

btw- I'm just the liaison between the designer and customer, Kevin (my brother-in-law) deserves all the kudos.
Old 9/30/06, 09:08 AM
GTR Member

I'm going to have a poster like this made through PhotoBucket:

http://www.qoop.com/photobooks/photo...key=1099019533 (click on the little poster to enlarge it)

That was just a test... you can put whatever you want in Line1 and Line2. Also, you can pick the pictures... I just told it to use all my pictures in the album for the test. Only $10!
Old 9/30/06, 09:14 AM

That was just a test... you can put whatever you want in Line1 and Line2. Also, you can pick the pictures... I just told it to use all my pictures in the album for the test. Only $10!
I went to the link once and saw it, but when I tried again it denied access saying that I already approved it.
Guess I shouldn't have clicked on the buy or add to cart button... oops.
Old 9/30/06, 09:23 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Guess I shouldn't have clicked on the buy or add to cart button... oops.
I thought you were kidding, but I guess not. Wonder what happens now?

Well, did you like the idea? You can use up to 1000 pictures. I was going to add a bunch more of the '06 and only select those pictures (no '66, '89, etc).
Old 9/30/06, 09:26 AM

I thought you were kidding, but I guess not. Wonder what happens now?

Well, did you like the idea? You can use up to 1000 pictures. I was going to add a bunch more of the '06 and only select those pictures (no '66, '89, etc).
Neat concept, what do you get for the $10? A jpg file or printed on a poster board?

Sorry I jacked up your link.
Old 9/30/06, 09:30 AM
GTR Member

You get a 13.5" x 19" poster.

Found the link in my History:

http://www.qoop.com/photobooks/photo...Poster+Preview
Old 9/30/06, 09:33 AM

You get a 13.5" x 19" poster.
It'll look interesting for sure, especially if loaded up like you have it (with only the 06 pics), I haven't seen one like it at any of the 2 shows I've been to.
Old 9/30/06, 09:54 AM
GTR Member

Here is the SCT emblem laying in place: (the pictures suck... it was inside and I couldn't use a flash or it would drown out the emblem)

Attachment 10447 Attachment 10448

Centered looks better, I think. To one side doesn't cover the drawing of the fuse on the cover.

Just e-mailed you the jpeg version.
Let's see it, Leo!

Where is everybody? Am I the only one stuck at home on this Saturday?? Guess I'll just talk to myself.

I'm surprised how quickly the '66 auction is taking off this time. Maybe people are more likely to bid knowing there isn't a reserve to be met. Not even one day has passed and there are 30 watchers!
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn3864.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn3865.jpg  
Old 9/30/06, 04:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Here is the SCT emblem laying in place: (the pictures suck... it was inside and I couldn't use a flash or it would drown out the emblem)

Attachment 10447 Attachment 10448

Centered looks better, I think. To one side doesn't cover the drawing of the fuse on the cover.

Let's see it, Leo!

Where is everybody? Am I the only one stuck at home on this Saturday?? Guess I'll just talk to myself.

I'm surprised how quickly the '66 auction is taking off this time. Maybe people are more likely to bid knowing there isn't a reserve to be met. Not even one day has passed and there are 30 watchers!
Centered looks better IMO.
Well I am off to work It is the end of our fiscal year and I have to do all the roll over etc for the computer system.
Only takes about 8-9hrs, I won't get done till around 3am my time
Old 9/30/06, 04:24 PM

Here is the SCT emblem laying in place...
*Leo's running around SD looking for a Kinkos! *

Hope the auction keeps on climbing for you! Even though it's not yours, I know you have a vested interest in it.

Here's my SCT emblem laying in place. I tried it both ways, but having it readable from the side of the car is best. I may look for a chrome cover for the fuse lid, then put the SCT emblem down... not commited on the idea yet.

Old 9/30/06, 04:31 PM
GTR Member

I may look for a chrome cover for the fuse lid, then put the SCT emblem down... not commited on the idea yet.
That's what FL Mike did (chrome cover first). Looks good. But I don't have much chrome in my engine bay, so I don't think it'll look good for me.

http://store.cal-mustang.com/cm_able...TID=25&CM_SA=0
Old 9/30/06, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Well I am off to work ...
Working through Saturday night... Ughh!
Oh well, pays the bills I guess..

That's what FL Mike did (chrome cover first). Looks good. But I don't have much chrome in my engine bay, so I don't think it'll look good for me.
Thanks for the link. I'll look into it.

One other thing I did today was address my little scratch I developed last week in my window tint. Upon close examination, I saw that my velcro felt was about 3/4" too short at the end!
I was ready to yank out the window wiper channel, but discovered that I could get into that area just from pulling the wiper edge away a bit. So, just cut a small section of felt out and carefully positioned it next to the existing felt. Looks like one piece now, hope that's the end for scratches.

I'm going to leave the tint on for now, it's not really that big of a scratch and doesn't really bug me all that much (looks worse in the pics).

Old 9/30/06, 04:54 PM
GTR Member

One other thing I did today was address my little scratch I developed last week in my window tint.
I'm surprised this happened to the "felt pusher".
Old 9/30/06, 05:12 PM

I'm surprised this happened to the "felt pusher".
You and me both! I feel a little embarrased, but at the same time you see what happened at the section that had NO FELT.

btw- I checked the passenger side, it was short by 1/4". I added some in that area as a preventative measure.
Old 9/30/06, 11:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well I'm back. Let's just say I woke up very very late today. Anyways I went to kinko's and got the poster printed and laminated. It ran me about $2.00. After that I made a dry run to where the show will be tomorrow so I'm not driving around lost tomorrow getting the car all dirty. It's about a 10-15 min drive. After that I went to target and got me and the wife some folding chairs and I bought a plastic container to put all my detailing stuff in. Unforunatly they didn't have the cool overhead chair thingy like yours Bill. I guess I'll just have to put on some sunblock. I bought some double sided tape that I'm going to use to get the poster to stick with but I'm bringing some clips just in case.

The poster looks great. The wife and I both love it. I had them do the 1/4 white border as you recommended Bill and it came out great. Thank you to you and Kevin.

I think the SCT emblem looks good centered. Have either of you tryed putting it on horizontally instead??

Will upload poster shortly so that the rest of you can see it.
Old 9/30/06, 11:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Working through Saturday night... Ughh!
Oh well, pays the bills I guess..

Thanks for the link. I'll look into it.

One other thing I did today was address my little scratch I developed last week in my window tint. Upon close examination, I saw that my velcro felt was about 3/4" too short at the end!
I was ready to yank out the window wiper channel, but discovered that I could get into that area just from pulling the wiper edge away a bit. So, just cut a small section of felt out and carefully positioned it next to the existing felt. Looks like one piece now, hope that's the end for scratches.

I'm going to leave the tint on for now, it's not really that big of a scratch and doesn't really bug me all that much (looks worse in the pics).

Ouch that sucks. I'm surprised your going to leave it.
Old 9/30/06, 11:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Here's the poster. Thanks again to Kevin and Bill.

Old 9/30/06, 11:25 PM
GTR Member

Here's the poster.
Looks great! Maybe I'll have to hit him up for one in time for my MOSI show! Kevin's going to hate you, Bill!

SCT emblem won't fit horizontal. I probably would put it that way if it did. I agree it looks best centered (not a flat surface with the picture of the fuse, though).
Old 9/30/06, 11:26 PM

... Unforunatly they didn't have the cool overhead chair thingy like yours Bill.

I bought some double sided tape that I'm going to use to get the poster to stick with but I'm bringing some clips just in case.

I think the SCT emblem looks good centered. Have either of you tryed putting it on horizontally instead??
Ha! Those overhead shades are some custom stuff made by a guy, so I don't know if you'll find them at Target. Got mine from the OC Fair.

I doubt the double side will stick to your freshly 'conditioned' radiator shroud cover. I tried that idea too, but no stickie to the plastic covered with Z16.

I think the SCT emblem is too wide to go on sideways.

Ouch that sucks. I'm surprised your going to leave it.
Yeah, I first saw it at the Queen Mary show. To get them re-done, I have to drive all the way to Orange again. We'll see...

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)