General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 10/6/06, 09:27 AM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
You probably won't lose points for it not being shiny but I'm sure it can help make the difference between placing and not placing. Especially when all you have to do is "spray" it down. I think it show's the judges you went that extra step. Well that's my .02. I'm sure Bill will agree.
I agree, too, for a car show where you place it would definitely help. All I meant is that I really don't need to buy it yet because for the MOSI show, you don't place... you rank Gold, Silver, or Bronze. Everybody starts out with a Gold, and as they take away points from you, you move down the scale.

Question about MGW Oil cap and Dipstick handle: They're both available with the either the GT or pony logo so should I get both parts with the same logo or switch it up and buy the oil cap with a gt logo and the dipstick with a pony?
Did we find out yet if they will fit in the room we have left with the shaker plenum there? I would get one of each.

BTW-After seeing SHR's cupholder bezels I've decided I'll go with the MGW bezel.
You'll like it! When you order, get the Power Outlet Plug (Pony?), the A/C *****, and the Door Pins. Those are what really compliment the interior perfectly (Bill and I did a study). Anything more is overkill (like getting the cup holder bezel and E-brake handle). I think you pay the same amount of shipping no matter how much you order.

You don't want to go nuts in the engine compartment, either... like getting every possible cap or cover made. I've seen cars in magazines that have every UPR product in their engine bay and it is WAY overkill.
Old 10/6/06, 10:46 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Bill, since the forum update this morning your link under your name doesn't work anymore. In fact, your Mod thread is totally gone. I looked at "Posts started by TacoBill" and it isn't on there.
I sent a PM to one of the Moderators asking what happened to my 'How To' thread (and title link). Supposedly, no threads were deleted during this migration, so it may be sitting limbo somewhere in space.

If I have to recreate that thread, I will, but that was a lot of work gathering up all those link. This time, I'll back it up myself on MS Word.
Old 10/6/06, 10:50 AM

... The best part is that it's a spray on so it goes on easy and looks great. http://www.adamspolishes.com/site/de...369A&killnav=1
I've seen this Adam's spray stuff first hand. It seems to work great on just about anything.

I can see using it on the honeycomb front grille, where trying to wipe each section with Z16 can be pretty time comsuming.

Adam's Polish is one our sponsors at BCMC.

Leo, if you get a 3 pack, want to sell me a can?
Old 10/6/06, 11:31 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I can see using it on the honeycomb front grille, where trying to wipe each section with Z16 can be pretty time comsuming.
Yes, that, and also the stock air CAI tube (for those of us that still have it). Are you surprised I've stuck to my word and never bought an aftermarket CAI?
Old 10/6/06, 11:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Do you guys use anything like the compressed air keyboard cleaner to clean out your front grilles before (or after, I guess) washing?

I haven't washed my car in months! I have it hand-washed when it's parked while I fly, which happens to be about once every 10 days or so. We outlined where we want our garage apron poured today, so hopefully very soon I'll be able to wash and garage my car again.
Old 10/6/06, 11:44 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by swwake
Do you guys use anything like the compressed air keyboard cleaner to clean out your front grilles before (or after, I guess) washing?

I haven't washed my car in months! I have it hand-washed when it's parked while I fly, which happens to be about once every 10 days or so. We outlined where we want our garage apron poured today, so hopefully very soon I'll be able to wash and garage my car again.
I use a Toro leaf blower on low speed to blow out all the areas like the grille, lug nuts, taillight panel, gas cap area... anything that holds water. I then use it on the entire car to blow the water off of it. I may even have the same Toro blower that Bill has.

I use my air compressor with an air nozzle to blow out nooks and crannies (I like that phrase today) in the engine compartment when I'm detailing it.
Old 10/6/06, 11:53 AM

Are you surprised I've stuck to my word and never bought an aftermarket CAI?
People can change... and will.
To get the most bang out of your $409 bucks, you'll need the CAI. It may be the difference between chirping 2nd and pitching it sideways!

I haven't washed my car in months!
Me either! Only Z6 and a towel for me.

I may even have the same Toro blower that Bill has.
Yup, only used it twice though. But, when I did, it worked like a charm.
Old 10/6/06, 11:58 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
People can change... and will.
To get the most bang out of your $409 bucks, you'll need the CAI. It may be the difference between chirping 2nd and pitching it sideways!
Nah, I really like the clean look of the shaker going into the stock air box set up. Now, if they come out with a straighter tube that goes between the TB and the stock air box, I would consider getting that. Because I still have a CAI... all that means is that it pulls cooler air from the fenderwell.

If I want to pitch it sideways, I'll put my stock tires back on.
Old 10/6/06, 12:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Bill - I didn't notice that you got a new moniker too. Moniker (sp?) need to go to Tom's link...
Old 10/6/06, 12:11 PM
GTR Member

Moniker (sp?) need to go to Tom's link...
That is correct.

------

I talked with the guy from Silverhorse Racing. They can make me one of these, but painted PW to match my car:

It would have the same stainless steel hardware. It's an extra $65 for the prep and paint to make it PW. That would be an expensive fuel door, but would look really nice! And it wouldn't stand out like a big black dot!

Opinions?

Where'd everybody go? Everybody was on (Bill, Susan, Daryl, KdF Mike)... now I'm all alone!
Old 10/6/06, 12:43 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much??

Total?
Old 10/6/06, 12:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Mike - where ya been?

(oh geez, that's post 420)
Old 10/6/06, 12:54 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Doctors , MRI`s , X-Rays ,Dumb-Dumb pills , Installin my Hood Struts , werkin , etc...etc.

Wish a cold front would come in and stay.

Old 10/6/06, 12:57 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by KdF
How much??

Total?
$139 for any of their fuel doors except the chrome one + shipping. Then tack on another $65 for prep and paint. He said they have an excellent paint guy, so it will turn out really nice.

One reason why I would consider it is because since day one I've had a paint blemish on the edge of my stock fuel door. Kinda like a chip, but the area is clear-coated.

Here's the blemish/chip (I outlined it in the approximate shape of the actual mark):

Attachment 10942

In person it's hard to see unless you really look for it.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-chip.jpg  
Old 10/6/06, 02:30 PM

XCal2 tune file upload instructions

I started a 'How To' thread over in the GT Tech section on uploading Doug's tune file to the XCal2.

link

Now, I just need my title link restored so I can add it.
Old 10/6/06, 02:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by KdF
Doctors , MRI`s , X-Rays ,Dumb-Dumb pills , Installin my Hood Struts , werkin , etc...etc.

Wish a cold front would come in and stay.

Hope you're feeling better. Today is supposed to be the last day of the 90's for awhile.

$139 for any of their fuel doors except the chrome one + shipping. Then tack on another $65 for prep and paint. He said they have an excellent paint guy, so it will turn out really nice.
$200 for a fuel door cover? I thought you had already spent all of your money tree?

Here's the blemish/chip (I outlined it in the approximate shape of the actual mark):

Attachment 10942

In person it's hard to see unless you really look for it.
Looks like a Spade!
Old 10/6/06, 02:43 PM

$139 for any of their fuel doors except the chrome one + shipping. Then tack on another $65 for prep and paint...
It's a bit pricey, but it'll look nice!
Throw some more Miracle-Gro on your money tree and make it happen!

Looks like a Spade!
I was thinking more like an Indian arrowhead.
Old 10/6/06, 02:51 PM
GTR Member

Oh, it won't be for a long time... but at least it's better (for my car) than black or polished.

We're out of the 90's for good! In less than 10 days the high is dropping to 83 degrees!
Old 10/6/06, 03:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Bill- I ordered the three pack of that adams spray. If you want one I'll give you one for free. Good job on the How-to.

Tom-That seems really pricey for a fuel door but hey it's your money. I don't think that "blemish" is worth $200

"You'll like it! When you order, get the Power Outlet Plug (Pony?), the A/C *****, and the Door Pins. Those are what really compliment the interior perfectly (Bill and I did a study)...." -Tom

I already have the pony plug and door pins. I had the a/c ***** but sent those back. I was actually checking out some custom upholestry shops today. I was planning on getting them to wrap my armrest and ebrake handle in leather. They wanted $60 for the armrest and didn't want to do the ebrake since they couldn't gurantee it would stick. I guess I'll just buy both from Kevin at Clevparts along with the pony floormats and the get the cupholder bezel from mgw to finish off the interior.

"Nah, I really like the clean look of the shaker going into the stock air box set up." -Tom

So what are you saying about Bills and my setup???

BTW-I tried out my 87 tune today. Two words f'in sweet. I can't wait to try out the 91. Turns out I had 3/4 of a tank left. I drove it down to 1/4 and had fun doing it. The shifts feel so much firmer and it's great to hear the tires chirp all the way through third. It actually throws you back as if your driving a stick now. The throttle response is great to. Another great thing is that the car shifts regularly unless you floor it.

Old 10/6/06, 03:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Didn't want to make my last post any longer so I'll add this last tid bit here. I went to a new vinyl graphics shop to see how much it would run to get something similar to Tom's hood graphic. Guy said it would run me 180-200 installed. OUCH!! The guy told me to take pics of my hood and give him measurements and that he'd be able to photoshop what it would look like for me. This shop was way better than the last but alot pricier. If I do get it the color will be a charcoal metallic. Have to chose between this and the chin spoiler for now.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)