Old 8/28/08, 07:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
thanks!
Old 8/28/08, 07:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
George, you should pull down the last too in this list. Just make sure to play them real loud over and over and over and over and over again
Its my current ringtone
Old 8/28/08, 08:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well guys I finished my interior upgrade tonight...... I'm diggin' it, although I will say that it's a love it / hate it thing; people will either love it or hate it, no in between. I'll try to get some decent pix maybe tomorrow and post'em up.
Old 8/28/08, 09:35 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tom281
Hey Taco, I'm slinging the mud at you already in the COTM thread.
And I'm sliggin' it right back!

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
The Taco started it. The month of September is gonna get nasty around here.
You mean !!!

Originally Posted by StangMahn
sweet avatar tom
Yeah, Tom going to need something more than a fancy avatar to sway the votes.

Take this on for size.. (yeah, it's for real )
Old 8/28/08, 09:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fabman
No Go for a 2006 huh?

No, R you kidding I would have insisted they take my 05 I already have around 35K

I would ask for them to leave on my current engine but give me the new engine and I would have it installed later after I had some fun with the current one
Old 8/28/08, 09:40 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Well guys I finished my interior upgrade tonight...... I'm diggin' it, although I will say that it's a love it / hate it thing; people will either love it or hate it, no in between. I'll try to get some decent pix maybe tomorrow and post'em up.
Painted center stack? Painted window switch bevels? The suspense is killing me!!!!

I don't recall ever seeing the inside of Toms car. I figured there'd be pooh stains on the seats from those 75 trips down the 1/4 mile.
Old 8/28/08, 09:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Tom can't wait to see the pics

Picked up my used DRs today. Yeah they're a little bald in the middle but Paul says that his 60' times were not going up when he took them off so they should still be good for the few times I will be at the track.

I am worried that they might be too tall. Gotta see what the bigger sidewall profile does, but if they fit it will be cl-ose

Best part.... he says with a manual I should be able to launch at around 4500.... Can you imagine ? At my power levels they should hook pretty good, until something else breaks.
Old 8/28/08, 09:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Take this on for size.. (yeah, it's for real )

4.0 collective, the place were Non-Intercooled V8s can be king......

nuthin like a little trash talk before a throw-down, right. It's all in good fun.

Last edited by habu; 8/28/08 at 09:50 PM.
Old 8/29/08, 05:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Painted center stack? Painted window switch bevels? The suspense is killing me!!!!

I don't recall ever seeing the inside of Toms car. I figured there'd be pooh stains on the seats from those 75 trips down the 1/4 mile.
Here's an old shot:

New pix to come......

while I was in photobucket, I remembered these- can you guess who Bill is building his car to imitate?

Now guess what- I bet within 12 months it will look like this:

And then if he goes to a Saleen blower after that, it will prove my point even more.

Picked up my used DRs today. Yeah they're a little bald in the middle but Paul says that his 60' times were not going up when he took them off so they should still be good for the few times I will be at the track.

I am worried that they might be too tall. Gotta see what the bigger sidewall profile does, but if they fit it will be cl-ose. Best part.... he says with a manual I should be able to launch at around 4500.... Can you imagine ? At my power levels they should hook pretty good, until something else breaks.
Brian, those are exactly what I have. I have Steeda "sport" springs in the rear, and the wheels/tires fit fine. Actually, they look pretty good back there IMO. And yes, when heated up properly I can dead HOOK at 4500rpm, and that includes 4.10s with a straight clutch dump. These are the tires that allow me to pull the front driver's tire off the ground on launch. OK enough already with all of this dragstrip talk, I'm probably making Bill's head spin.

I literally just laughed out loud and now have people in the office looking at me......... thanks.

Last edited by tom281; 8/29/08 at 05:46 AM.
Old 8/29/08, 07:08 AM

Those DR's look way different from Leo's. Leo's tire surface area looked like flypaper, literally having gravel and cig butts sticking to it.

Who's Paul?

nuthin like a little trash talk before a throw-down, right. It's all in good fun.
Umm, that's when I had my old K&N CAI.. nice try.

Brian, sure you want to side with Tom? You might have some future mod installs coming.

can you guess who Bill is building his car to imitate?

Now guess what- I bet within 12 months it will look like this:

And then if he goes to a Saleen blower after that, it will prove my point even more.
I must admit, I did fall for the centri-shaker look. It looks badass, and if anyone says different, they're nutz. Only difference is I didn't copy the Home Depot weatherstripping look.. doh!

12 Mo... stop it, I'm not listening.

I've always liked the Saleen TS (as well as the Whipple and KB), but this is the look I'm sticking with, the perfect shaker - blower look.

Your interior mod guess... carbon fiber dash?
Old 8/29/08, 07:33 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
a black painted center stack would look bada$$
Old 8/29/08, 07:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Your interior mod guess... carbon fiber dash?
Nope, good guess though.

Originally Posted by StangMahn
a black painted center stack would look bada$$
Yep, that does look badass. I almost did this, but decided to hold off for now.
Old 8/29/08, 08:00 AM

Someone please give Tom2 a camera. Tom1 used to pull this suspense stuff all the time.
Old 8/29/08, 08:01 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Morning POTR. No news on Tom's new interior mod?
Old 8/29/08, 08:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Morning Girlies....

I hear what your are saying about the tires, but I have the FRPP springs which is a more aggressive drop in the back?? I'll find out tomorrow though. Can't wait to play around this weekend.

Sorry 'bout the outburst at the office, I'll try to keep my humor in check

Bill,
Yeah I know, but hey we haven't been able to give you a real hard time since Feburary so I couldn't help it. Just busting yer *****... doesn't the little dude make it all OK ?

What makes it all go away..... instantly, is getting to the track and getting some runs in. I know I haven't been but I am working toward that end. I'm gonna either put my money where my mouth is or put my big ol' foot in it. Either way I'm gonna have that little slip o' paper to brag about.
Old 8/29/08, 10:45 AM

Bill,
Yeah I know, but hey we haven't been able to give you a real hard time since Feburary so I couldn't help it. Just busting yer *****... doesn't the little dude make it all OK ?

I'm gonna either put my money where my mouth is or put my big ol' foot in it. Either way I'm gonna have that little slip o' paper to brag about.
It's all good Brian! That's why I throw this dude into the mix too.

Whenever I finally get around in getting new wheels and tires, we'll have to have a shootout at Barona! I think I'll be going with street drag radials for full time duty, so I'll be good to go at the track.
Old 8/29/08, 10:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

It's all good Brian! That's why I throw this dude into the mix too.

Whenever I finally get around in getting new wheels and tires, we'll have to have a shootout at Barona! I think I'll be going with street drag radials for full time duty, so I'll be good to go at the track.
kewl...

The DRs for full time use is probably a great idea for you. I might eventually go that route but who knows.

BTW. SCT Still SUX. Finally, finally got someone. They are really a poor company customer service wise, I can really say this after talking to them. If I would have known ahead of time that I'd have to go through this, I would have bought a Diablosport for sure. Right now I have to send it back, again, and hope that maybe, maybe after two weeks I will get back a device that might work or it might entirely disable my car. They can not give me anything other than "I can mention it to higher ups" and "the best I can do is give you an RA"

so we'll see. Not too optimistic about the outcome.

On the fun side, I get to see if I can burn out with the DRs tomorrow
Old 8/29/08, 11:05 AM

BTW. SCT Still SUX.
That does sound like horrible customer service.

You can only hope Diablosports is any better. Truth is most all large companies suck at people skills, so I don't think you're experiencing anything different from a guy dealing with Brand B.

Did you ask SCT if they'll send you out a new handheld along with a return shipping label to make things easier for you?
Old 8/29/08, 11:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Someone please give Tom2 a camera. Tom1 used to pull this suspense stuff all the time.
I don't consider it suspense as much as I consider it foreplay, LOL.

Morning POTR. No news on Tom's new interior mod?
Nope, maybe tonight....... or maybe not.

I'll try to get pix tonight, but like I said some of you (most of you?) probably won't like it. but that's OK, 'cause I dig it.

I hear what your are saying about the tires, but I have the FRPP springs which is a more aggressive drop in the back?? I'll find out tomorrow though. Can't wait to play around this weekend. Sorry 'bout the outburst at the office, I'll try to keep my humor in check
The sport springs are 1.25" drop, I don't know about the FRPP? Good luck though at the track, you'll have a blast! Oh, make sure you drag Bill along, that way he can see what a track looks like.
Old 8/29/08, 11:31 AM

Oh, make sure you drag Bill along, that way he can see what a track looks like.
Back to guessing Tom's new interior mod since he's planning on foreplaying us for another day.

Man, who you think took this pitcha foo??

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)