General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 9/4/08, 10:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by habu
See the more you drive it the more you love it. It'll be 10x better once it's all broke in and you can REALLY play around
Absolutely! In fact, once I change my oil (hopefully) this weekend, I'mma start venturing into boostland just a little.

Looks like I'll be able to get my gauges once and for all soon, probably get the IAT sensor relocated at the same time. It's taken me longer than I thought but the car is coming along nicely.
Good deal Brian!

So besides needing gauges, is your Whipple and motor race ready for Barona? Thought I remember you saying something about a high temp or rough idle?

Originally Posted by Ray Man
I've always wondered how the heck you would pack those up for shipping Brian. It's gotta be a pain!
I would think most tire/wheel places have boxes that they'll give you.
Old 9/4/08, 11:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kanicas
The Super Shaker is still in R&D. I shall be patient. I've been told, "Good things come to those who wait."

I picked her up for the Santa Monica show this weekend, see ya there!!!!
Are you talking about the Shelby show on the pier? I might stop by, not 100% sure yet. This Saturday is a busy one for me.

Jed
Old 9/4/08, 11:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Finished the spacer install today. Fronts went alot smoother than the rears. I'll have a write up sometime in the next few days.

Monica-Good suggestion but I'm just not a fan of taking crap on and off the car constantly. Truth be told I drag race more than I go wild on twisties so not having the front swaybar isn't that big a deal to me. With that said I'll probably install the new front swaybar and make some passes at the track to see if it affects my times. If it doesn't then I'll leave it on.

Tonights football game- Start it really exciting but then lost it. Either way I'll take it as it's a regular season game that counts. Can't wait till Sunday to see the Jets play then Monday to watch the Pack.
Old 9/4/08, 11:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I forgot what a cool store Radio Shack is. Yes I know it's a geek store but I found some killer electrical wire connectors there for my stereo mods. I found this industrial velcro that acts like its MIL Spec! Check out your local RS I think it will surprise you.

Jed
Old 9/4/08, 11:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JedCranium
I forgot what a cool store Radio Shack is. Yes I know it's a geek store but I found some killer electrical wire connectors there for my stereo mods. I found this industrial velcro that acts like its MIL Spec! Check out your local RS I think it will surprise you.

Jed
My local RS is great but they've really cut back on what they used to be. That and the stupid little sales guy does not know the meaning of no. I have an iPhone, here see... the latest phone from veriattnextsprinttmobile won't do me any good and no I don't need batteries please let me pay for my speaker connectors....

I've always wondered how the heck you would pack those up for shipping Brian. It's gotta be a pain!
Well we'll both find out shortly I guess...

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Absolutely! In fact, once I change my oil (hopefully) this weekend, I'mma start venturing into boostland just a little.

Good deal Brian!

So besides needing gauges, is your Whipple and motor race ready for Barona? Thought I remember you saying something about a high temp or rough idle?

I would think most tire/wheel places have boxes that they'll give you.
Yeah it's about ready as it's gonna get. The tensioner was a big deal, didn't want to shred a belt at the track then be completely dead. The DRs also, never got traction as it was and knew it would be impossible after FI. Gauges... well I don't need them, more of a reassurance. The hesitation went away after Adam finally got the X-Cal2 to work (after beating it around, slamming it on the floor boards and wiggling the cable-just-right and then not moving-a-muscle) and re-loaded the cold-start tune. He says that if the IAT temps are high the comp. will pull timing and was probably what was causing the issue, especially on these hot days. Hence my quest for relocating the IAT sensor, it's before the intercooler now, and a bigger HE. Otherwise if I give it throttle it just friggin goes no question. So it's now or never really I don't have an excuse not to get out to the track.

Last edited by habu; 9/4/08 at 11:31 PM.
Old 9/4/08, 11:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Brian, is it possible that your X-Cal2 issue might be some sort of loose connection at the dash plug?
Old 9/5/08, 12:15 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

My local RS is great but they've really cut back on what they used to be. That and the stupid little sales guy does not know the meaning of no. I have an iPhone, here see... the latest phone from veriattnextsprinttmobile won't do me any good and no I don't need batteries please let me pay for my speaker connectors....

Well we'll both find out shortly I guess...
Yes ain't that the truth when I ask one of the sales guys about a DIN cable he went pale. I like those old geeky electronic stores like Duvac Dow in Pasadena. Walking through that store makes you want to build something.

Jed
Old 9/5/08, 12:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Yes ain't that the truth when I ask one of the sales guys about a DIN cable he went pale. I like those old geeky electronic stores like Duvac Dow in Pasadena. Walking through that store makes you want to build something.

Jed
Is that the same store on Colorado Blvd. (wasn't it called Marvac, or something like that)?

Always fun places to rummage through.
Old 9/5/08, 07:47 AM

Good deal Brian, wish only great times at the Whipple debut!

Only 2 posts seperate Jed and Ray, who's gonna pull ahead and leave the other in the dust?
Old 9/5/08, 08:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

Brian, is it possible that your X-Cal2 issue might be some sort of loose connection at the dash plug?
yeah actually it seems like it's where the connection goes into the device itself. But then it took Adam smacking it for it to respond. I've been told that these are very rugged and get thrown around dropped....etc, etc. Mine for whatever reason has sand in it's vagina. It wants to either lobotomize my car completely or install the tune. There is no inbetween.
Old 9/5/08, 08:24 AM

Luis- A look into the future...

Mustang California Special Vortech S/C 443rwhp
Old 9/5/08, 08:30 AM
Cobra Member

I wish!
Old 9/5/08, 09:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Me too.
Old 9/5/08, 11:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Only 2 posts seperate Jed and Ray, who's gonna pull ahead and leave the other in the dust?
He doesn't sleep so he will win hands down. I think he posted more than 400 post in the last month just to catch up to me.
Old 9/5/08, 11:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi everyone! Just stopping by to say hello, hope everyone has a good weekend
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-creepy.jpg  
Old 9/5/08, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by USMC0341
Hey George, your friend looks a little bored.
Old 9/5/08, 11:31 AM

For Leo...

Pretty cool, huh Luis.
Old 9/5/08, 11:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by USMC0341
So what ride does your friend work on?

For Leo...

Pretty cool, huh Luis.
Funny you post that. A friend gave me that exact thing as a gift a year or two ago. I don't even know where it is now.
Old 9/5/08, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Funny you post that. A friend gave me that exact thing as a gift a year or two ago. I don't even know where it is now.
Some friend you are!

No sneak pics of the spacers installed??
Old 9/5/08, 03:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Some friend you are!

No sneak pics of the spacers installed??
Nope only because appearance wise the car looks exactly as it did with the other spacers. Heck even looking in the wheel wells you can't tell a difference.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)