Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
11.11%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 9/20/10, 03:15 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
In case anyone wants to see the severely overdone classrooms in the new building at the u of mn. My biology class has 14 flat screens, two projectors, three microphones at every table, etc. The bathrooms even have automatic soap dispensers.

More pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/5332868...th/4926168266/ (not mine)

And people wonder why college costs so much. Spend more on good professors instead of liberal activists, and less on automatic *** wipers.
Old 9/20/10, 03:40 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
A new high school just opened up near Boston. $200 million!! Check out the video.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/newton/fe...w-Newton-North
Old 9/20/10, 03:49 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by denlem
A new high school just opened up near Boston. $200 million!! Check out the video.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/newton/fe...w-Newton-North
I'll see your 200m and raise you 350m.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...les&id=7664683

In a state that is practically bankrupt at that.
Old 9/20/10, 03:52 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
And people wonder why college costs so much. Spend more on good professors instead of liberal activists, and less on automatic *** wipers.
My first year at the local college was the first year they had air conditioning. Just plain old window units, but everyone who came before me had no AC.

Which is kind of funny because in 7th grade we moved to a different city and everyone told me how lucky it was that I wasn't there the years before because that was the first year they had AC in the classrooms also.

And I'm not that old.

That pic of uofm is just wasteful. That's people flagrantly spending other peoples money. I can understand if that was built from an endowment, but even then they could have built a building and left some money for scholarships.

There was a story on the news about 1 in 7 Americans living in poverty. They better take a look at the rest of the world because last time I checked people in true poverty in Africa didn't have blu-ray players, 50" flat screen TV's, the latest Air Jordans, and 7 kids with cell phones and grilles.
Old 9/20/10, 04:08 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
There was a story on the news about 1 in 7 Americans living in poverty. They better take a look at the rest of the world because last time I checked people in true poverty in Africa didn't have blu-ray players, 50" flat screen TV's, the latest Air Jordans, and 7 kids with cell phones and grilles.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 9/20/10, 04:19 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
But they need those cell phones. How would they text their "friends".

Old 9/20/10, 04:23 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
My first year at the local college was the first year they had air conditioning. Just plain old window units, but everyone who came before me had no AC.

Which is kind of funny because in 7th grade we moved to a different city and everyone told me how lucky it was that I wasn't there the years before because that was the first year they had AC in the classrooms also.

And I'm not that old.

That pic of uofm is just wasteful. That's people flagrantly spending other peoples money. I can understand if that was built from an endowment, but even then they could have built a building and left some money for scholarships.

I couldn't agree more. We didn't have A/C until we started high school, and even then it was barely adequate compared to today. In elementary and middle, we just had a big fan at the front of the room and the teacher would turn it from one side of the class to the other every 15 minutes. We would be counting the minutes for our side's turn at the fan. Then you had some teachers that used it as a discipline control. If people on your side were acting up and talking, you lost your turn at the fan.

When school started back this year several schools had problems with parts of the A/C not working properly. They sent the kids home early because some of the class rooms reached temps of 80 degrees. WTF? Are you kidding me? We would have killed to have an 80 classroom in elementary and middle, even in high school where we had A/C it hovered around there. Kids today are pussies plain and simple, and the parents are just as bad for fostering that mentality.
Old 9/20/10, 04:27 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 07S197
Junkyard?
Not putting all the work in to replace a rad and use one that could very well be really rusted inside. Most of the ones here are completely open in junkyards
Yeah, I've had them rodded out years ago. Not really too many radiator shops left around anymore with the wide variety of online and cheap aftermarket parts available. Its becoming a lost art.

Looks like yours is about $130 bucks at Autozone Sean. Not nearly as much as I would have figured, but I'd say its probably not as well built as your original is. Might check around and see if you have any radiator repair shops in your area, and what they charge to boil/rod one out compared to a new one. Then weight that against the quality of the piece you'll be getting compared to the one you have. Does the one in your truck have plastic tanks, or brass? (the new one will be plastic)

Here's a general idea of the process.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5877287_rod-out-radiator.html
I saw that price at Autozone too, for a 2 row HD radiator. I ran around today getting quotes from the shops around here and they were all about $350-$400. My buddy's mechanic might be able to do it for $200, but I don't know if he'll want to do it on the side. In the message I left him, I gave him a couple ways to out himself from doing it if he doesn't want to.

And if all else fails, I'll do it. I just don't want to do it. But I also don't want to spend $200+ more dollars. And I've got more time than money
Old 9/20/10, 04:29 PM

I couldn't agree more. We didn't have A/C until we started high school, and even then it was barely adequate compared to today. In elementary and middle, we just had a big fan at the front of the room and the teacher would turn it from one side of the class to the other every 15 minutes. We would be counting the minutes for our side's turn at the fan. Then you had some teachers that used it as a discipline control. If people on your side were acting up and talking, you lost your turn at the fan.

When school started back this year several schools had problems with parts of the A/C not working properly. They sent the kids home early because some of the class rooms reached temps of 80 degrees. WTF? Are you kidding me? We would have killed to have an 80 classroom in elementary and middle, even in high school where we had A/C it hovered around there. Kids today are pussies plain and simple, and the parents are just as bad for fostering that mentality.

We keep our house at like 78-80 here. It's downright comfortable!
Old 9/20/10, 04:29 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
I saw that price at Autozone too, for a 2 row HD radiator. I ran around today getting quotes from the shops around here and they were all about $350-$400. My buddy's mechanic might be able to do it for $200, but I don't know if he'll want to do it on the side. In the message I left him, I gave him a couple ways to out himself from doing it if he doesn't want to.

And if all else fails, I'll do it. I just don't want to do it. But I also don't want to spend $200+ more dollars. And I've got more time than money
DOOOO IT,

It's the only way you learn and besides why spend the extra $$, on a truck like that it should be a piece of cake.
Old 9/20/10, 04:44 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 9/20/10, 04:47 PM
Post *****

DOOOO IT,

It's the only way you learn and besides why spend the extra $$, on a truck like that it should be a piece of cake.
I don't know... there's 4 bolts, 2 hose clamps, a petcock, gotta fill it, and a cap.... that's pretty technical for a Florida yute these days...
Old 9/20/10, 04:49 PM

DOOOO IT,

If Pete comes back at over $200, I'm doing it myself. It'll cost me 130(rad)+21(coolant)+tax. So like 160ish I believe.

And it should be a cake walk if I do it myself, it bolts in at 4 places, and I'll just have to label where all the assorted hoses that are on it go and make sure the new one has all the same attachments.

And Lee, my current radiator has the plastic side caps
Old 9/20/10, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by cdynaco
I don't know... there's 4 bolts, 2 hose clamps, a petcock, gotta fill it, and a cap.... that's pretty technical for a Florida yute these days...

There's also a heater hose, overflow tank hose, and a couple things that wrap around the block too However you slice it, bolting it up should be the hardest part.

But to get to that I have to take off the fan, shroud and belt. Again. Which I'm more than tired of.

Question: My radiator has NEVER drained out of drain hole the pet **** goes in. Is that bad?

Last edited by mustangGT90210; 9/20/10 at 04:53 PM.
Old 9/20/10, 04:52 PM
Post *****

Kids today are pussies plain and simple, and the parents are just as bad for fostering that mentality.
True story! Can you believe they outlawed Bombardment?? WTF???
Man that was our favorite game in the gym on rainy days in Grade School. We used to pray for rain just so we could play it. Better than dodge ball cause you could wing those little suckers! LOL

In fact to this day I credit my high level of determination & tenacity for reaching goals to Bombardment one day in 7th grade. Nobody could hit me and they started whining that I should just get hit so everyone could get up and play a new game again. Like heck!! I kept movin' until the bell rang and they never did hit me!
Old 9/20/10, 04:54 PM
Post *****

There's also a heater hose, overflow tank hose, and a couple things that wrap around the block too However you slice it, bolting it up should be the hardest part.
Yeah, might have to take a night course at a community college and get a certificate first.

Old 9/20/10, 04:58 PM

Yeah, might have to take a night course at a community college and get a certificate first.

Only a community college? PHEW! Getting off easy. I thought I was gonna have to go take the ASE certification class to figure this stuff out

Old 9/20/10, 05:07 PM
Post *****

Only a community college? PHEW! Getting off easy. I thought I was gonna have to go take the ASE certification class to figure this stuff out

LOL You're probably right!

Did you find out if the clutch fan/center bolt was reverse thread?
Old 9/20/10, 05:08 PM

It's a normal thread. Right hand thread is normal. Luckily the nut on there tells me which was tighten, so I figured it out real quick. And I gotta say, taking it off yesterday was a hell of a lot easier than it was last week
Old 9/20/10, 05:14 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
True story! Can you believe they outlawed Bombardment?? WTF???
Man that was our favorite game in the gym on rainy days in Grade School. We used to pray for rain just so we could play it. Better than dodge ball cause you could wing those little suckers! LOL

In fact to this day I credit my high level of determination & tenacity for reaching goals to Bombardment one day in 7th grade. Nobody could hit me and they started whining that I should just get hit so everyone could get up and play a new game again. Like heck!! I kept movin' until the bell rang and they never did hit me!
I know how you felt. We had a match in football practice where two opponents each grabbed one end of a shower towel. (Not in the showers you sickos!) and the object of the game was to make the other guy submit and let go. When he let go you won. Well they did this out on the game field and everybody paired up and grabbed a towel and they blew the whistle and we went at it. Kelly (my opponent) and I pulled and pushed on that towel and neither of us would budge. It got so bad we started kicking each other and wrestling to get the other to let go. I was standing over him with my cleats on his face and he wouldn't let go. We went at it for almost an hour. The expletives and verbal abuse were flying. Everyone was watching us because practice wasn't over till we finished. They all begged for one of us to let go but at that point neither of us wanted to be the loser. Finally when we both started bleeding pretty bad, me from my nose and him from his mouth the coaches had had enough. The coaches had to hold us down and make us let go of the towel. Even then we both claimed the other guy let go first and therefor we each claimed victory.

I'll never forget the win at all costs attitude we each had that day. We literally tried everything to make the other guy let go.

That's one example how stubborn I am.

BTW the guy had about 30 pounds on me and was at least 2" taller.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast