General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

lost my gt500 preorder from dishonest dealer

Search this Thread

Old 8/8/12, 01:06 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by maverik
Wow really. . . . sigh. . . I am real. I have 2 kids, a full time job, own my own business, had a busy weekend and now have to find a new allocation.

I have better things to do then make up stories or waste peoples time. I was hoping to share my expeirence and frustration with Ford dealers in hopes that someone who cares from Ford would pay attention and maybe find a honest dealer to work with.
People tell stories all the time here.
Old 8/8/12, 07:38 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by maverik
Hi Deysha,

I sent you a pm the other night. it was rather lengthy detailing my experience.
Let me know if you did not get it or need additional information.
Sadly, no one seems able to help yet these dealers are able to get away with this.
I've never had this bad of an experience with any other dealer I've purchased cars from.
Sadly I ran into the same issues when trying to purchase a raptor and ended up going with a Jeep Rubi unlimited with Rock Crawler package instead.
Got it. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible, maverick.

Deysha
Old 8/11/12, 01:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately I can see this happening, matter of fact I'm surprised it doesn't happen more (probably does but no one get on the web and details how they got shafted)

Guys walks in in good faith to buy a car and sits down and works the deal @ MSRP. Car gets ordered and everybody is happy -- for now

Another guys walks in the dealer and say he want the same type of car -- but since they are limited, dealer checks his allocation and sees whats in the pipeline. Ah ha! got one coming but its spoken for .. @ MSRP - new guys says I"ll give you MSRP + $$ premium on top of that. So what prevails? Integrity or gross profit on the sale and money in some ones pocket?

I've worked at car dealers for most of my work career, and its one reason I could never work in the sales department. The same thing has happened to me with lesser cars. Like the time that I bought my wifes car cash -- just a part of the game. so sad

I would walk this up to the GM of the store, and let him know that there was a deal in place -- you are willing to honor it; but if not impress upon him the power of the web, youre no longer stuck getting the bad end of the deal and they feel no effect. Any dealer will be sensitive to getting hit in the pocket book with bad press. Who wants to go to a dealer that doesn't honor their deals?
Old 10/31/12, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had similar experience at a PA Ford dealer. Made a deal over the phone with the internet sales guy on a 2013 Mustang they had on the lot. They took a $500 down payment via my credit card. Two days before they were to deliver the car to me, the sales manager called to say I would need to come across with $2000 moe for them to honor the deal. I checked with my attorney. The dealer had broken an oral contract because they had had made an offer that was accepted and had performed on it by taking my deposit. They wouldn't back down and my lawyer told me I could sue but I would probably incur $2000 in expenses. I let it go and got a Stang from another dealer. You can bet your *** I bad mouth that dishonest dealer every chance I get.
Old 11/1/12, 12:51 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
what ever came of this????
Old 11/1/12, 08:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Nothing, I imagine. Papers weren't found/didn't exist, his word against theirs, the car was sold elsewhere, he's out a bunch of frustration, and seeing how he hasn't been back since August...

https://themustangsource.com/search....archid=3432108

I'm guessin' he's mad at us for not believing him at first, or probably got a Camaro or such and is having fun. Or maybe the GT500 is finally his and he's having fun that way.

I'd sure be nice to hear... the REST of the story.
Old 11/4/12, 02:07 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I blame Joe lol