General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

!Help, decisions decisions!

Old 11/9/11, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BoogieNights

Ok the best thing to check is the compression in the cylinders. Are they all the same? Is there oil on the plugs? What color are the plugs? Things of this nature will tell ALOT about the motor.

Also I know quite a few women and men who dont dog their rides at all. They take it real nice and easy with them. A lot of people will get cars like this Termi just for the looks of it. Not to race everybody out there.

I have a friend that bought a 2006 Stang V6. He then went a spent another $2,500-$3,000 on performance parts for it. The reason why he did that was because insurance was cheaper for it. The mods he done to it was a Procharger, Headers w/ dual exhaust, bigger injectors, and a computer tune. His HP range went way up with just those mods done. He also bought som other accessories for the interior and exterior of the car too.

To bad your not in TN. I could show you a few things about Mechanic work and Auto Body too
Roadtrip!!!!!! Lol I wish...i need a mentor after the mods does it sound like a v8?? I would love all the hp I can get but its that sound I want?
Old 11/9/11, 11:51 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Oliviawilliamson

Roadtrip!!!!!! Lol I wish...i need a mentor after the mods does it sound like a v8?? I would love all the hp I can get but its that sound I want?
Have yet to hear a v6 sound like a v8...
Old 11/9/11, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by texastboneking

Me either bone sad yet at the same time idk if I would want them too...
Old 11/9/11, 12:00 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Me either bone sad yet at the same time idk if I would want them too...
It just don't have the displacement for that kind if sound...
Old 11/9/11, 12:01 PM

It just don't have the displacement for that kind if sound...
No replacement for displacement quote to live by!
Old 11/9/11, 12:03 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

No replacement for displacement quote to live by!
For sound yes lol
Old 11/9/11, 12:06 PM

Which is my thing...cant beat the sound of a v8...I'm not even going to get started because I won't be able to stop...don't need this thread shut down ;
Old 11/9/11, 06:43 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
He got a Borla exhaust and it sounded really good. It was nice at an idle and then when he got on it a little bit you heard it.
Old 11/9/11, 07:06 PM

Hell yeah my ex had one on his 07 gt...he ended up getting a bassani...both were drop dead sexy! Lines the bassani a little more though
Old 11/10/11, 12:43 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Hell yeah my ex had one on his 07 gt...he ended up getting a bassani...both were drop dead sexy! Lines the bassani a little more though
So now have you made any decisions yet?
Old 11/10/11, 12:57 AM

So now have you made any decisions yet?
Yes I'm going to keep saving until I get my matrix paid off a little more, sell my civic and see if anytjing 07 and up pops up in my range....has to be at least a gt but I prefer a 5.o and manual tranny but I figure it will be faster than anything I'm used to so no need to mod anything but maybe make it look beast...then when im ready for more hp and all that jazz I will hopefully know enough or at least meet some people who can help me out to do all that without having to go to a shop unless necessary... Would really love to get a new one just for the six spd...never driven one of those before
Old 11/10/11, 09:01 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Yes I'm going to keep saving until I get my matrix paid off a little more, sell my civic and see if anytjing 07 and up pops up in my range....has to be at least a gt but I prefer a 5.o and manual tranny but I figure it will be faster than anything I'm used to so no need to mod anything but maybe make it look beast...then when im ready for more hp and all that jazz I will hopefully know enough or at least meet some people who can help me out to do all that without having to go to a shop unless necessary... Would really love to get a new one just for the six spd...never driven one of those before
Well then why not just wait until 2014 rolls around to get a new Stang. Its the 50th anniversary of the Mustang then and I do believe they will be changing the body style of them then too.
Old 11/10/11, 10:29 AM

Well then why not just wait until 2014 rolls around to get a new Stang. Its the 50th anniversary of the Mustang then and I do believe they will be changing the body style of them then too.
Patience isn't my strong suit
Old 11/12/11, 09:28 PM

Found a 96 cobra,100k miles, body is free of dents, interior still looking good, no mods. They are asking 6200. Going to test drive it monday, any advice on what to listen for and check for??
Old 11/12/11, 10:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Where are you looking, and how much are you looking to spend. We should meet up here in town and I might be able to point out a decent car OT two for you.
Old 11/13/11, 12:17 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Might I recommend staying away from a termi? I know I am fashionably late for the party but a GT will be FAR less expensive on a termi especially since it is your first Mustang and possibly your first powerful car considering you said you had a Matrix I believe. Go for a S197 GT 2007+ put on some FR500S mufflers and your good to go and can learn on your car that way and its awesome to work on your own car.

Diana likes my new mufflers ... Her exact words I believe were it lost the V6 sound and has a nice rumble to it and they are LOUD

Also what about going to UTI? They have the Ford FACT training program, if you go there do you think that the dealers would treat you like you knew nothing? I see that they say a lot of dealers hire from people who graduate the program since it is Ford factory training.
Old 11/13/11, 12:30 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by ford20
Might I recommend staying away from a termi? I know I am fashionably late for the party but a GT will be FAR less expensive on a termi especially since it is your first Mustang and possibly your first powerful car considering you said you had a Matrix I believe. Go for a S197 GT 2007+ put on some FR500S mufflers and your good to go and can learn on your car that way and its awesome to work on your own car.

Diana likes my new mufflers ... Her exact words I believe were it lost the V6 sound and has a nice rumble to it and they are LOUD

Also what about going to UTI? They have the Ford FACT training program, if you go there do you think that the dealers would treat you like you knew nothing? I see that they say a lot of dealers hire from people who graduate the program since it is Ford factory training.
I'm not sure. I didn't go to UTI. I went to TSTC. As long as its certified Ford training I'm sure its good in Fords book