General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

!Help, decisions decisions!

Search this Thread

Old 11/8/11, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
!Help, decisions decisions!

Ok..so for my first mustang I have the option of a 03 cobra, not the best termi but it wil do, with 98000 mi on it...wasn't dogged, older lady had it, and a 07 gt.. 50000mi. I want to be able to fix my own car but I'm not sure wich will be better on insurance, cheaper and easier to find parts, and plus its my first so it had to be special...been saving forever...neither has any mods...
Old 11/8/11, 08:35 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Oliviawilliamson
Ok..so for my first mustang I have the option of a 03 cobra, not the best termi but it wil do, with 98000 mi on it...wasn't dogged, older lady had it, and a 07 gt.. 50000mi. I want to be able to fix my own car but I'm not sure wich will be better on insurance, cheaper and easier to find parts, and plus its my first so it had to be special...been saving forever...neither has any mods...
Terminator... Easy decision.

Big thing is the terminator will retain value better than a regular gt plus its a cobra!
Old 11/8/11, 08:49 AM

Ok..so where do I begin after I get it...i haven't started school yet so I'm a little in the dark
Old 11/8/11, 08:53 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Like? Mods? Repair?
Old 11/8/11, 08:59 AM

All of the above...the body is straight...no damage really, needs some new paint, but should I start with the engine or with the body...which one will be smarter money wise and I have no idea if like there are things you should do before putting this on and do this before putt ing that on because of being easier or whatever...an I making sense right now?
Old 11/8/11, 09:06 AM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HAHA! Well I think the cobra is already quick so I'd start with the body. Do you have pics?
Old 11/8/11, 09:11 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Cheapest mod for the money is a pulley on the blower. will need a new belt too. But well worth it
Old 11/8/11, 09:22 AM

My memory card broke in half in my phone so until I can find a way to get it out no pictures...but I will try and find one on the internet and se if I can put it on here...i an just a little worried about how many miles are on it...not sure how much more on that engine I will get..don't know the average number of miles to a motor...but I would be down with doing a swap in the future if I could find a decent priced one...
Old 11/8/11, 09:34 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

My cobra blew its motor at 131000. Just saying
Old 11/8/11, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by texastboneking
My cobra blew its motor at 131000. Just saying
THAT'S what I'm worried about...I'm not trying to have to get a new one right after getting the **** car...there is an 04 for sale...that I would die for! But its a little out of the price range
Old 11/8/11, 09:47 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Probably better than buying a 5000$ cobra motor though
Old 11/8/11, 10:14 AM

****! Seeing as how the o4 is only 2500 out my range you are a smart man..or should I say boy, you are 2o right? Jp
Old 11/8/11, 10:41 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

****! Seeing as how the o4 is only 2500 out my range you are a smart man..or should I say boy, you are 2o right? Jp
I like to think I'm smart . Spend the extra 2500 and get a reliable one
Old 11/8/11, 10:49 AM

Thank you tbone
Old 11/8/11, 10:51 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My memory card broke in half in my phone so until I can find a way to get it out no pictures...but I will try and find one on the internet and se if I can put it on here...i an just a little worried about how many miles are on it...not sure how much more on that engine I will get..don't know the average number of miles to a motor...but I would be down with doing a swap in the future if I could find a decent priced one...
Now depending on how the motor is taken care of it could last you over 200k miles. Since this is your first Mustang I suggest taking your time at modding the motor. Get used to the car FIRST. Get used to how it handles and how much HP it has. You might not want to even mod it for more HP once you realize how much there actually is. As far as the body is concerned if it just needs a good waxing then I would leave it alone (besides waxing it of course.)
Old 11/8/11, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by BoogieNights

Now depending on how the motor is taken care of it could last you over 200k miles. Since this is your first Mustang I suggest taking your time at modding the motor. Get used to the car FIRST. Get used to how it handles and how much HP it has. You might not want to even mod it for more HP once you realize how much there actually is. As far as the body is concerned if it just needs a good waxing then I would leave it alone (besides waxing it of course.)
is there anyway I can find out for sure how good the motor is?? I test drove it and it sounded good, nothing out of the ordinary, mind you I really wouldn't know what to look for, and the woman said it had no previous owners, but its hard for me to believe you have a termi and didn't dog it...just worried I'm getting a money pit
Old 11/8/11, 12:00 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Alright I'm late for this one. First question is how much are you willing to spend on a car? The terminator is a great car but has its issues.
Old 11/8/11, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Alright I'm late for this one. First question is how much are you willing to spend on a car? The terminator is a great car but has its issues.
Very late I don't want to spend more than 15k...my 2010 matrix, fresh off the lot, cost 18k...so would like to stay away from another high *** car payment...plus I really do love the termis but the body styles after 05 are gorgeous...i love the big 'shoulder' look...and everyone says the newer ones are better because bugs have been worked out that just make it a better ride and what not...and I highly doubt I will ever sell it...unless I win the lottery...cause then I would get my q650 steeda
Old 11/8/11, 01:08 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
You don't want a $15k terminator. 18 or 19 you can find a pretty good one. But I probably would not recommend the cobra as your first mustang. They are not cheap to fix or mod and have many common issues. It's about the most fun to drive mustang our there though. The cobra is gorgeous but the motor is the reason it's so popular. My recommendation would be to buy the cleanest and newest gt you can find in your price range and enjoy the hell out of it. I own a terminator and I still don't recommend it. I've put more dollars into it than miles since I've owned it. Honestly.
Old 11/8/11, 01:19 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Ouch... Now that I thing about it I'm close to being able to say that lol

Quick Reply: !Help, decisions decisions!