General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

!Help, decisions decisions!

Old 11/8/11, 01:29 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
It's an awesome car and if you drive one, you may not want any other mustang. Find you a nice gt with a supercharger like Steff has got and the power should be around a stock terminator or more anyways.
Old 11/8/11, 01:33 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
It's an awesome car and if you drive one, you may not want any other mustang. Find you a nice gt with a supercharger like Steff has got and the power should be around a stock terminator or more anyways.
Yeah but Steffers car is having problems too you know...
Old 11/8/11, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by texastboneking

Yeah but Steffers car is having problems too you know...
Yeah they all have problems. It just depends on how much the problem will cost to fix.
Old 11/8/11, 01:42 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Yeah they all have problems. It just depends on how much the problem will cost to fix.
That's why it helps being able to work on your own cars . I wouldnt be able to own this cobra if I couldn't work on it myself
Old 11/8/11, 02:41 PM

That's why it helps being able to work on your own cars . I wouldnt be able to own this cobra if I couldn't work on it myself
Yep. Which is also why I wouldn't recommend the cobra for a woman's first mustang. With all due respect for women.
Old 11/8/11, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep. Which is also why I wouldn't recommend the cobra for a woman's first mustang. With all due respect for women.
Lol none taken..I'm starting school on january for auto tech..so ay lear in the future I will be able to do it myself thank you guys...my decision is made
Old 11/8/11, 04:22 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by Oliviawilliamson

Lol none taken..I'm starting school on january for auto tech..so ay lear in the future I will be able to do it myself thank you guys...my decision is made
And that would be???
Old 11/8/11, 04:35 PM

And that would be???
save up 18k for steffs car lol..but basically...follow her footsteps...maybe even get a v6 for a while and get a swap done..cheaper insurance...got that info from another thread but I guess the termi will be a dream for someone else :/
Old 11/8/11, 04:37 PM

Are you planning on doing this for a living or just a hobby? Please say hobby.
Old 11/8/11, 05:39 PM

Are you planning on doing this for a living or just a hobby? Please say hobby.
Ehhh...lol..hobby?? Planned on a living but I already planned on going back to school..but I guess I should rethink?
Old 11/8/11, 06:12 PM

Ehhh...lol..hobby?? Planned on a living but I already planned on going back to school..but I guess I should rethink?
From a professional mechanic for 15 years, do it for fun. For a living sucks big ones. No offense, but having worked with a few female mechanics in the past, they will never get the respect that their male counterpart will get. It's not right but that's just how it is. There's a shortage of good technicians out there and that's because it's a highly skilled and very low paying profession. I'm so glad I got out when I did. I hate to discourage you but there it is anyways.
Old 11/8/11, 06:25 PM

From a professional mechanic for 15 years, do it for fun. For a living sucks big ones. No offense, but having worked with a few female mechanics in the past, they will never get the respect that their male counterpart will get. It's not right but that's just how it is. There's a shortage of good technicians out there and that's because it's a highly skilled and very low paying profession. I'm so glad I got out when I did. I hate to discourage you but there it is anyways.
No...def appreciate all the info I can get...and thats what I was worried about with the whole female thing...i would end up beating someones *** the first time they said something so probably better to not even put my self in that situation....but I love cars! And I want a job I'm happy to go to..any suggestions?
Old 11/8/11, 06:55 PM

No...def appreciate all the info I can get...and thats what I was worried about with the whole female thing...i would end up beating someones *** the first time they said something so probably better to not even put my self in that situation....but I love cars! And I want a job I'm happy to go to..any suggestions?
Not really. But I wouldnt recommend mechanic school to anyone. 2 or 3 years in tech school and they go to a dealership and change oil for 2 or 3 more years until they can be trusted enough to do a little more. Plus most dealerships send the techs to their own training facilities anyways and do a lot of computer based training. So as it turns out, $20-30k on student loans and then make $20-30k the first few years doesn't add up very well. There's so much info on the interweb about working on cars, that just about anybody can do what they want to do on them. Work for the money to support your love affair with cars. My only advice I can give.
Old 11/8/11, 06:55 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Move to Texas and we will start a shop together

Edit.. lol I forgot your already in Texas!

Last edited by texastboneking; 11/8/11 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11/8/11, 06:56 PM

Move to Texas and we will start a shop together
Don't shyt where you eat Bone.
Old 11/8/11, 07:00 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Not really. But I wouldnt recommend mechanic school to anyone. 2 or 3 years in tech school and they go to a dealership and change oil for 2 or 3 more years until they can be trusted enough to do a little more. Plus most dealerships send the techs to their own training facilities anyways and do a lot of computer based training. So as it turns out, $20-30k on student loans and then make $20-30k the first few years doesn't add up very well. There's so much info on the interweb about working on cars, that just about anybody can do what they want to do on them. Work for the money to support your love affair with cars. My only advice I can give.
Agree here. Went to school for a year and then got on at a dealer. They told me it would be pointless to go back to school because I have to go through the Ford program... So I'm not going back
Old 11/8/11, 10:27 PM

Bone...I'm down for the shop! Lets do it...you have to teach me a LOT of **** though..I'm a quick learner
Old 11/8/11, 10:56 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Bone...I'm down for the shop! Lets do it...you have to teach me a LOT of **** though..I'm a quick learner
I know quite a bit. But I'm far from knowing it all.. and when it comes to diesel you can forget about asking me lol.
Old 11/8/11, 10:59 PM

I know quite a bit. But I'm far from knowing it all.. and when it comes to diesel you can forget about asking me lol.
Its cool hate the smell of burnt diesel anyway but forreal..lets get thus shop thing started have to meet in the middle, wherever that is
Old 11/9/11, 10:22 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
is there anyway I can find out for sure how good the motor is?? I test drove it and it sounded good, nothing out of the ordinary, mind you I really wouldn't know what to look for, and the woman said it had no previous owners, but its hard for me to believe you have a termi and didn't dog it...just worried I'm getting a money pit
Ok the best thing to check is the compression in the cylinders. Are they all the same? Is there oil on the plugs? What color are the plugs? Things of this nature will tell ALOT about the motor.

Also I know quite a few women and men who dont dog their rides at all. They take it real nice and easy with them. A lot of people will get cars like this Termi just for the looks of it. Not to race everybody out there.

save up 18k for steffs car lol..but basically...follow her footsteps...maybe even get a v6 for a while and get a swap done..cheaper insurance...got that info from another thread but I guess the termi will be a dream for someone else :/
I have a friend that bought a 2006 Stang V6. He then went a spent another $2,500-$3,000 on performance parts for it. The reason why he did that was because insurance was cheaper for it. The mods he done to it was a Procharger, Headers w/ dual exhaust, bigger injectors, and a computer tune. His HP range went way up with just those mods done. He also bought som other accessories for the interior and exterior of the car too.

To bad your not in TN. I could show you a few things about Mechanic work and Auto Body too

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: !Help, decisions decisions!