Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

What're you doing?

Search this Thread

Old 4/24/14, 09:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Not sure if Clint Thompson will be there but my friend at the Pub does some work for him at the shop sometimes when he's home.
Not a good eye for Top Fuel guys, but passing buy the bar I saw quite a few Prostockers in the bar area. I'm just facing insomnia, and am quite bored. Probably need to hit the sack, but I am just going to watch Mad Men on netflix until I pass out.
Old 4/24/14, 10:11 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by narphenal
Not a good eye for Top Fuel guys, but passing buy the bar I saw quite a few Prostockers in the bar area. I'm just facing insomnia, and am quite bored. Probably need to hit the sack, but I am just going to watch Mad Men on netflix until I pass out.
Is alcohol considered Top Fuel? I only see him on the Lucas broadcast.
Unfortunately its a Chevy. Used to own the Chevy Dealership in a town near me before the banko closed it down.
Tell him Mia's & Pia's Brew Pub says hi.

Last edited by cdynaco; 4/24/14 at 10:14 PM.
Old 4/25/14, 12:23 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by phiggs54
My local club, Northside Mustang will be working the entrance. I cannot go But I'll be roasting a pig and drinking beer at church, so that helps.
That tells me that Texas isn't really in the South. In the true South, consumption of any alcohol is condemnation to hell. A straight trip, no pass go, no nothing, just burning in a lake of fire according to the Baptists in the "real" South. Heck, even a person that has one beer or a glass of wine is obviously an alcoholic that stays drunk from the time they wake up until they pass out 7 days a week. Going to work drunk, working all day drunk, getting even drunker after work. Why would anyone have a single drink unless they were a raging alcoholic that stayed drunk 24/7.

That is the way the churches down here look at people, and they look at those people down their nose as that anyone that even tastes alcohol is going to burn in hell, they aren't "really" saved and that they are alcoholic merchants of the devil.
Old 4/25/14, 02:35 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
It's amazing how different things are even in the South. I know nothing about the Bible Belt. There aren't many white Baptists around my area either. Northern parishes near the Mississippi border there are but we have lots of nondenominational churches here. I know for sure that our local Catholics and Baptists like to drink though. Then again, predominately French, Italian, and African descendants make up the majority of south Louisiana. Where Miss, Bama, and Ga folk came from, I have no idea. Guess it wasn't from a boat full of alcoholics. Lol
Old 4/25/14, 12:39 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Where Miss, Bama, and Ga folk came from, I have no idea. Guess it wasn't from a boat full of alcoholics. Lol
That's the irony of it up here in Appalachia, the whole region was predominately settled by Scots-Irish. That's where the roots of our dialect and music come from, not to mention the moonshine making tradition. Hell, I'm Scots-Irish, Cherokee and a little German, basically the trifecta of alcoholics. I never stood a chance.
Old 4/25/14, 12:51 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

That tells me that Texas isn't really in the South. In the true South, consumption of any alcohol is condemnation to hell. A straight trip, no pass go, no nothing, just burning in a lake of fire according to the Baptists in the "real" South. Heck, even a person that has one beer or a glass of wine is obviously an alcoholic that stays drunk from the time they wake up until they pass out 7 days a week. Going to work drunk, working all day drunk, getting even drunker after work. Why would anyone have a single drink unless they were a raging alcoholic that stayed drunk 24/7.

That is the way the churches down here look at people, and they look at those people down their nose as that anyone that even tastes alcohol is going to burn in hell, they aren't "really" saved and that they are alcoholic merchants of the devil.
It is a Lutheran church. Enuff said.
Old 4/25/14, 01:24 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by phiggs54
It is a Lutheran church. Enuff said.
The SoBaps are just jealous because Luther transliterated a Bible before their KJV.
Besides, the 'Bible Belt' was Anglican long before it was SoBap.
As for their man-made rules, who died and made their fire & brimstone preacher's judge over all? Self appointed.

Old 4/25/14, 02:13 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
The SoBaps are just jealous because Luther transliterated a Bible before their KJV.
Besides, the 'Bible Belt' was Anglican long before it was SoBap.
As for their man-made rules, who died and made their fire & brimstone preacher's judge over all? Self appointed.

We are Anglicans and it is said that wherever three or four Anglicans are gathered together, a fifth will be found.
Old 4/25/14, 02:37 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by tukatz
We are Anglicans and it is said that wherever three or four Anglicans are gathered together, a fifth will be found.
Old 4/25/14, 03:10 PM
Post *****

Reading an amazing story about the cochlear implant.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20..._the_last_week
Old 4/25/14, 05:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Having fun.

Attachment 157328

Last edited by narphenal; 9/1/16 at 10:09 PM.
Old 4/25/14, 06:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
On a mission to see the Blue Notch
Old 4/25/14, 07:30 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by GrnT
On a mission to see the Blue Notch
It's probably on 4 flats with 3 inches of dust covering it. Better off looking for a Sasquatch or UFO.
Old 4/25/14, 09:42 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
It's probably on 4 flats with 3 inches of dust covering it. Better off looking for a Sasquatch or UFO.
Old 4/25/14, 09:53 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
just did a 'run into the sun' with the top down and the visor too. Turns out I followed and passed a good buddy without realizing it till he called me in the car. Now gonna watch HANNIBAL. Love that series. it's got good food in it lol
Old 4/25/14, 11:39 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Is alcohol considered Top Fuel?
No, the alcohol cars are alcohol cars, different class. Fuel cars are nitromethane (90% nitromethane, 10% alcohol, well since 2008, before that they would run near 100% nitro or whatever they wanted. Now the max is 90%, they can run less if they want, its up to the tuner.) Basically Top Fuel and Funny Car.

Now the alcohol cars are a little iffy. If they run a blower they have to be run on 100% alcohol, no nitro allowed with a blower. If they don't run a blower they can run injection with nitro mixed in.

At least that's the way I remember it, I could be off. Its been a while since I was around it regularly.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 4/25/14 at 11:46 PM.
Old 4/26/14, 03:09 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Sitting in my office in my underwear and a t shirt sipping on Tito's and club soda.

I guess this should have been in the love most today thread but I couldn't find it, lol.

I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather be sitting around in my underwear drinking than just about anything.
Old 4/26/14, 06:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Is alcohol considered Top Fuel? I only see him on the Lucas broadcast. Unfortunately its a Chevy. Used to own the Chevy Dealership in a town near me before the banko closed it down. Tell him Mia's & Pia's Brew Pub says hi.
Shows you how much I pay attention, I just assumed he was Top Fuel.
Old 4/26/14, 09:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Waiting for an 11:15 appointment at the Apple Store
Old 4/26/14, 09:46 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by GrnT
Waiting for an 11:15 appointment at the Apple Store

Geniuses