Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Weight lifters

Search this Thread

Old 2/6/13, 03:32 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,635 Posts
Started Arnold dumbbell presses! Never did them before, boy is that a workout!!!
Old 2/6/13, 06:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Started Arnold dumbbell presses! Never did them before, boy is that a workout!!!
They're tough. Just make sure you use correct form
Old 2/6/13, 07:02 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Quality over quantity
6-8 reps of focused form will do much more them 10-15 with off form. Remember that!

It tooke a while to catch on to that but as soon as i did i noticed i could put more weight on and i was less sore after each workout. Really makes a difference
Old 2/6/13, 08:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by CCTking
Quality over quantity
6-8 reps of focused form will do much more them 10-15 with off form. Remember that!

It tooke a while to catch on to that but as soon as i did i noticed i could put more weight on and i was less sore after each workout. Really makes a difference
I like 12-15 quality reps. Really brought out striations in my triceps, chest, and delts
Old 2/6/13, 09:14 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by blairnr67

I like 12-15 quality reps. Really brought out striations in my triceps, chest, and delts
True, i had solid striations in my shoulders but after dislocating my shoulder a couple times (football) i had to take a good break. Kinda tryin to bulk up till spring break
Old 2/6/13, 03:32 PM

That's the hardest thing for me is to gain weight
Old 2/6/13, 05:18 PM
FR500 Member

Yea same here. I have a fast metabolism so weight is hard to keep. Ive just been filling up more and not hitting the running and swimming as much as i used to. And doing heavy burnout sessions in the gym
Old 2/7/13, 02:54 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Originally Posted by blairnr67

They're tough. Just make sure you use correct form
I got a trainer that's his job!
Old 2/8/13, 11:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
So I thought I'd see more of it, since this thread is for weight lifting...But who takes what supplements?

I've always been a pretty small guy...5'6" 130lbs when I finished high school. I started working out in college (since I pay for it anyway...****ers), and got up to 145lbs. 160lbs was originally the goal (I'm still only 5'7"ish). Then due to financial aid issues, I hadn't worked out in almost 3 years. Well I started again this semester...As old as my body feels, it sure seemed to bounce back pretty quick. I usually work out 4-5 times a week. I run 1-2 miles to warm up, then work different muscles out till they can't lift anymore. I've always had good results with my workouts thus far.
Old 2/9/13, 05:13 AM
FR500 Member

Sounds good! A solid whey protein will do you good. Quicker an better recovery after workouts, you get healthy calories, lil bit ft calories, muscles repair themselves bigger and faster so youll be able to really improve your regimen as a faster rate. Itd be best to go talk to your local gnc shop and get the lowdown, then go to the place in town with the best prices on what you might need
Old 2/9/13, 09:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Don't go to GNC. Those guys don't know anything besides what is the new "fad". Supplements are heavily overrated. As someone who has been lifting over 10 years and competed in bodybuilding comps, I would recommend a good multivitamin like animal pak, a quality protein, creatine, and a joint supplement. Other than that, diet is the most important thing.
Old 2/9/13, 10:00 PM
FR500 Member

Idk i hvnt ha any ba expierence with them. But i only go usually to see what they have and if anything new comes out
Old 2/10/13, 02:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Idk i hvnt ha any ba expierence with them. But i only go usually to see what they have and if anything new comes out
They make commission so their goal is to sell you whatever is popular
Old 2/10/13, 04:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

What about fish oil pills? Do yall have any recommendations?

And I think since this is a workout thread and diet is such a major part of health and being fit, we share favorite meals and good recipes.
I like to start breakfast with egg whites and hot sauce, whole grain oatmeal, and wheat toast with peanut butter. And a banana or apple! And some green tea haha
Old 2/10/13, 04:33 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I take fish oil religiously. Your heart deserves it.
Old 2/10/13, 04:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 06blackvertstang
What about fish oil pills? Do yall have any recommendations?

And I think since this is a workout thread and diet is such a major part of health and being fit, we share favorite meals and good recipes.
I like to start breakfast with egg whites and hot sauce, whole grain oatmeal, and wheat toast with peanut butter. And a banana or apple! And some green tea haha
I recommend fish oil. Just make sure it's one that won't give you fish burps!

My breakfast currently is 4 egg whites, 2 while eggs and 1/2 cup oatmeal and 3 slices of Canadian bacon.
Old 2/10/13, 06:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Sounds good! A solid whey protein will do you good. Quicker an better recovery after workouts, you get healthy calories, lil bit ft calories, muscles repair themselves bigger and faster so youll be able to really improve your regimen as a faster rate. Itd be best to go talk to your local gnc shop and get the lowdown, then go to the place in town with the best prices on what you might need
I try to stay away from any place that actively sells supplements. Just like any other business, they're after the sale and may or may not have any idea what they're really talking about. I do take a few things that I found and ordered online. They're made by "Controlled Labs."

Whether or not they work for sure?...No idea. Have I seen good results while I happen to also be taking them?...Yes, I have. I'm taking creatine, some kind of amino acid complex, one is for energy, and a fat burner.

The fat burner pills are giant and suck to take, but they do seem to help me not feel hungry all the time.

As far as the energy one goes...I don't believe in "fake" energy. I'm either tired, or I'm not. But I mix it with the others cuz it's delicious, so it helps make the others more tolerable (especially the amino acid stuff ).

The amino acid complex tastes absolutely awful...That's all I really have to say about that.

The creatine is what I think probably has the most to do with my results. In just 2 weeks, I've noticed a big improvement in my muscles' look and size.
Old 2/10/13, 06:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
I try to stay away from any place that actively sells supplements. Just like any other business, they're after the sale and may or may not have any idea what they're really talking about. I do take a few things that I found and ordered online. They're made by "Controlled Labs."

Whether or not they work for sure?...No idea. Have I seen good results while I happen to also be taking them?...Yes, I have. I'm taking creatine, some kind of amino acid complex, one is for energy, and a fat burner.

The fat burner pills are giant and suck to take, but they do seem to help me not feel hungry all the time.

As far as the energy one goes...I don't believe in "fake" energy. I'm either tired, or I'm not. But I mix it with the others cuz it's delicious, so it helps make the others more tolerable (especially the amino acid stuff ).

The amino acid complex tastes absolutely awful...That's all I really have to say about that.

The creatine is what I think probably has the most to do with my results. In just 2 weeks, I've noticed a big improvement in my muscles' look and size.
Try amino energy by optimum nutrition! It's so good! I've gone through many bottles of it
Old 2/12/13, 05:29 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Finished my first workout on the road! Didn't feel like it but did it anyhow! Always sore (muscle not joints) for days any suggestions?
Old 2/12/13, 09:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Finished my first workout on the road! Didn't feel like it but did it anyhow! Always sore (muscle not joints) for days any suggestions?
Glutamine, stretching after, and some cool down cardio

Quick Reply: Weight lifters