The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic Chatter (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f649/)
-   -   Weight lifters (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f649/weight-lifters-517517/)

blairnr67 1/11/13 08:02 PM

Weight lifters

Any gym rats out there like myself?

myponyandme 1/11/13 10:10 PM

I love to workout, but I do it at home :)

blairnr67 1/11/13 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by myponyandme (Post 6528877)
I love to workout, but I do it at home :)

Awesome! I do it at home sometimes (i actually just sold my weight set though). I just like the gym atmosphere more. More motivational :)

StangMahn 1/11/13 11:16 PM

I'm the opposite, I'd feel more motivated at home. Flip on a show and run while watching it. There's also a lot of stuff I'd feel weird as hell doing at the gym, stretches and whatnot.

myponyandme 1/11/13 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by blairnr67 (Post 6528889)

Awesome! I do it at home sometimes (i actually just sold my weight set though). I just like the gym atmosphere more. More motivational :)

I need to buy some more weights. I only have up to 8 lbs. but I was only wanting to tone up a little. Now I want some muscle lol. When I get some weights, I'm going to try Chalean Extreme.

It is a little hard to stay motivated. I actually haven't did my workouts since we moved. I need to get back on it. Now we can motivate each other tho :)

myponyandme 1/11/13 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by StangMahn (Post 6528913)
I'm the opposite, I'd feel more motivated at home. Flip on a show and run while watching it. There's also a lot of stuff I'd feel weird as hell doing at the gym, stretches and whatnot.

I'd definitely feel weird at the gym, and the sweaty guys might distract me!!! ;)

StangMahn 1/12/13 12:24 AM

my old gym the women weren't even a motivator. It was always the ugliest or oldest women in existence. My new gym is muuuuuch better about having some visual motivation :nice:

myponyandme 1/12/13 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by StangMahn (Post 6528940)
my old gym the women weren't even a motivator. It was always the ugliest or oldest women in existence. My new gym is muuuuuch better about having some visual motivation :nice:

It's easier to workout to somebody that's got a kick *** body. Lol. The girls in the video I use keep my *** motivated.

I'm glad you don't have to look at ugly people now. Lol

StangMahn 1/12/13 12:50 AM

oh yeah, I was about 75% done with my treadmill session yesterday, beautiful girl grabbed the treadmill next to me, and the only thought running through my head: ****, I'm gonna have to stay on here a while longer. :D

I'm a pretty large, linebacker sized guy, and every so often I'll catch someone doing the same lifts that I do shortly after I do them. I think its really amusing.

myponyandme 1/12/13 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by StangMahn (Post 6528960)
oh yeah, I was about 75% done with my treadmill session yesterday, beautiful girl grabbed the treadmill next to me, and the only thought running through my head: ****, I'm gonna have to stay on here a while longer. :D

I'm a pretty large, linebacker sized guy, and every so often I'll catch someone doing the same lifts that I do shortly after I do them. I think its really amusing.

Sounds like everybody is being motivated lol

blairnr67 1/12/13 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by StangMahn (Post 6528960)

Lol that's funny, I do the same exact thing! Do y'all have a stair master? That thing will have you pouring sweat in 20 minutes. That's my favorite cardio machine, but im more into the heavy weights and getting big game.

NeverTooOld 1/12/13 06:20 AM

Count me in.. 5 times a week whether I need it or not.. Get pumped!!

blairnr67 1/12/13 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by NeverTooOld (Post 6528995)
Count me in.. 5 times a week whether I need it or not.. Get pumped!!

How long you been lifting?

NeverTooOld 1/12/13 07:50 AM

It will be 3 years in April.
It's hell when your old. Body doesn't produce as much test as it used to, even with a clean diet and supps.
I try to make up for it with hard work, clean diet and persistence.

StangMahn 1/12/13 10:22 AM

I still try to lift a little bit, but I'm more focusing on cardio. I'm waaaay out of shape cardio wise, and I'm starting to run a bit with the intention of doing a triathlon somewhere down the raod.

blairnr67 1/12/13 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by StangMahn (Post 6529106)
I still try to lift a little bit, but I'm more focusing on cardio. I'm waaaay out of shape cardio wise, and I'm starting to run a bit with the intention of doing a triathlon somewhere down the raod.

Weights will also help you get back into shape. I usually follow a weight workout with 20 minutes of cardio. Or I will superset weights and do 2 minutes of cardio between each set

StangMahn 1/12/13 12:21 PM

I ususally do some upper body with free weights and little bit of arms. About 30 minutes of that, then I go 30 on a treadmill.

blairnr67 1/13/13 06:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is some motivation for y'all. Me in my second bodybuilding show

Getportfolio 1/13/13 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by blairnr67 (Post 6530044)
Here is some motivation for y'all. Me in my second bodybuilding show

I'm secure enough to say you look great bro! Congrats.

blairnr67 1/13/13 07:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Getportfolio (Post 6530052)

I'm secure enough to say you look great bro! Congrats.

Thanks! Took a long time!

This was old me