Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

random stuff

Search this Thread

Old 8/18/15, 11:08 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by HOSS429
after a 12 pack or two i usually get the munchies .. tonite it just hit me .. i just went to the new burger king in hazel green.. i drove the pinto .. when i walked in the door i spotted a fellow i had`nt seen in 10 years .. i said " i`m in your mama`s car " .. i`ll do you a burnout when i leave " .. he didn`t say anything .. just smiled ... when i left i left a lot of smoke in the drive thru .. he came out and said " this aint my mama`s car .. and it occurred to me ,, you aint Dickey are you .. he said " no " .. i`m jerry ... i still knew him .. he just looked a lot like Dickey ..
That is good, and funny
Old 8/21/15, 06:10 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
just now headed to papa johns for my weekly pizza .. pulling into the parking lot a family is walking in front of me .. i wait for them .. i`m in the pinto ..a little 4 or 5 year old boy looks at me and say`s " hot rod " .. i yell " hot rod " rite back at him .. he smiles .. mom does`nt ... good kid ...
Old 9/8/15, 12:20 PM
legacy Tms Member

lost another dear old friend recently ..Billy was my coach when i was 10 /11/12/ years old or so playing YMCA basketball and baseball .. He knew us kids had no way to get to any of the games or practice so he would pick us all up at home .. he drove a 69 440 charger .. bronze colored .. he loved to stomp the pedal to the floor and say " listen to those bumble bees hummm " ( the 4 barrell moan ) i wish i had given him a little more attention the last time i saw him ..

Old 9/9/15, 10:42 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
lost another dear old friend recently ..Billy was my coach when i was 10 /11/12/ years old or so playing YMCA basketball and baseball .. He knew us kids had no way to get to any of the games or practice so he would pick us all up at home .. he drove a 69 440 charger .. bronze colored .. he loved to stomp the pedal to the floor and say " listen to those bumble bees hummm " ( the 4 barrell moan ) i wish i had given him a little more attention the last time i saw him ..
Sorry for your loss. Must have been cool at that age to have a coach with a muscle car. I can remember in Jr High my best friends' dad was taking us somewhere in his Chevy station wagon with a 427. He got it up to 120mph, turned around to us in the back seat, grinned and said, "Now we are not going to tell our mothers about this, are we?"
Old 9/19/15, 08:58 AM
legacy Tms Member

about a year ago my pinto developed an intermittent miss .. would go a week running fine then would make me worry if i was gunna make it home ..felt like a spark plug wire breaking down .. new plug wires helped for a week . miss came back . then i noticed a lot of corrosion on the dizzy cap .. new dizzy cap fixed it for a week . miss came back ..then i found the coil was loose .. tightened the coil up .. fixed it for a week .. then i remembered i have had one of the original plugs still in the engine cause i could not get it out with the engine in the car ,, i cut up my fender-well and fashioned a special tool to remove the plug .. it was perfect already ..i was not going to go into the dizzy and start replacing parts cause that was just a guessing game for me .. so i ordered a brand new dizzy on evilbay . a week later it comes in .. the fine print tells me i MUST use the accompanying special coil ... dint say that when i ordered the dizzy ( distributor ) .. so another week of waiting and the coil arrives .. amazing the difference in performance and how well my pinto would start now .. cold starting was always a problem with this car .. it`s the reason i bought the toyota 6 years ago ... anywho i went along for about two weeks happily not worried about it failing on me till it struck again ..i barely made it home ...i had been running the other dizzy on the stock pinto ignition wire which most likely was not a full 12 volts due to it being a resistance wire for the first five years it ran and it was ok .. but i learned i needed to switch my hot feed to the ignition post on the solenoid so i did .. i wrapped a wire around the ignition post and went on my way ..then my missing started .. a year ago .. yesterday i checked that wrap job i did and it was loose ..my effort to fix a problem led to a problem ,,,hence the old saying " if it aint broke ... dont fix it !!!!
Old 9/21/15, 07:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wat up Hoss ? Is there really a 429 in there ?
Old 9/21/15, 08:04 AM
legacy Tms Member

not of late ..been a 351 for 4 years or so .. the 429 got tired and I wanted a little more zing so I put in a hi revving Windsor and a 5 speed ..if I go thru it again someday I will put the 429 back in ... I`m losing my need for speed as I get older ..
Old 9/25/15, 05:45 PM
legacy Tms Member

my neighbor has been a parlay or lottery ticket player for years .. he has won a whopping 200 bucks one time on a 2 dollar card .. he has finally talked me into wasting some money on such silliness .. his method is to spend 20 bucks on several 2 and 5 $ cards and visit several machines .. my method is to spend my 100 bucks on a 5 20 dollar cards .. i mite win a million bucks .. he mite win 500 .. he says he has a greater chance to win by spreading his money around .. i say i have a greater chance to win by buying all my tickets from the same roll .. what do you think .. i spent 40 and won 60 my last time out ..
Old 12/12/15, 08:13 AM
legacy Tms Member

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/...60s/ss-BBlCPtZ.
Old 12/22/15, 03:31 PM
legacy Tms Member

not that you folks up nawth have had it much worse .
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-alabama-snow-man.jpg  
Old 12/23/15, 09:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You made that didn't you Hoss...
Old 1/30/16, 09:57 AM
legacy Tms Member

as i posted in another thread i am having trouble making an online purchase .. my bank declines to do over seas business .. so today i go to another of my banks .. i`ve so much money i have three banks ( HA ! ) .. but anyway when i go to sign in at bank # 2 they ask my last name " Moon " i reply ... then they ask my first name " Willie" i say .. they look at me a second ... where you from Willie ? they ask ...New Market i says .. OK .. there are two willie moons that are members at that bank .. the other is from New Hope .. about 20 miles away ..so anyway i go sit in the waiting area and a few other people wonder in and out .. after about 15 minutes a person comes over and says " willie moon " .. i jump up but at the same time another fellow jumps up ... what are the chances two willie moons are at the same bank at the same time ? .. it was my turn .. i dont know if i`m related to the other fellow .. we could not name any family members that each could recognize but i cant remember every uncle or cousin back 200 years ....
Old 1/30/16, 11:41 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
as i posted in another thread i am having trouble making an online purchase .. my bank declines to do over seas business .. so today i go to another of my banks .. i`ve so much money i have three banks ( HA ! ) .. but anyway when i go to sign in at bank # 2 they ask my last name " Moon " i reply ... then they ask my first name " Willie" i say .. they look at me a second ... where you from Willie ? they ask ...New Market i says .. OK .. there are two willie moons that are members at that bank .. the other is from New Hope .. about 20 miles away ..so anyway i go sit in the waiting area and a few other people wonder in and out .. after about 15 minutes a person comes over and says " willie moon " .. i jump up but at the same time another fellow jumps up ... what are the chances two willie moons are at the same bank at the same time ? .. it was my turn .. i dont know if i`m related to the other fellow .. we could not name any family members that each could recognize but i cant remember every uncle or cousin back 200 years ....
That's pretty freaky. Especially an uncommon name like that, and the fact that its a small town. I could understand it a little more if it was John Smith and you were in Birmingham or Atlanta, but that is very strange.
Old 1/30/16, 09:36 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,703 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
That's pretty freaky. Especially an uncommon name like that, and the fact that its a small town. I could understand it a little more if it was John Smith and you were in Birmingham or Atlanta, but that is very strange.
Agree!!!
Old 2/18/16, 05:16 PM
legacy Tms Member

i just witnessed an 04 stang wipe the street of a 15 Gt .. sitting behind both at a lite and hearing the revving going on i knew something was up ..both were automatics .. the 04 turned down a street i was headed .. i was in my toyota ..couple of streets later i realized i knew the fellow in the 04 .. he`s been bugging me for a race in my stang for years ..i think i`ll keep avoiding him for a while ...
Old 3/10/16, 06:03 AM
legacy Tms Member

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/class...b7Kz&ocid=iehp .
Old 3/10/16, 08:43 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,703 Posts
Helping my friend with his '65 VW love van
random stuff-photo653.jpgrandom stuff-photo264.jpgrandom stuff-photo693.jpg
Then had a little of this!
random stuff-photo526.jpg
Old 3/11/16, 06:08 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Helping my friend with his '65 VW love van
Needs this:
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-mrnatural.jpg  
Old 3/16/16, 05:35 PM
legacy Tms Member

this is an all black church .. what is a " white out " ?..
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-008.jpg  
Old 3/16/16, 06:00 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
this is an all black church .. what is a " white out " ?..
Not sure, but with all the Black Lives Matter crap going on, you probably should keep your cracker **** away from there that day.

Quick Reply: random stuff