Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

random stuff

Search this Thread

Old 8/24/14, 03:43 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
got the old motor out today .. not gunna be as easy to swing that 650 LBs 429 over the rad support so i cut some of it out . it can welded or be made to bolt back in easy enuff ..not sure how many times in and out the motor will need ..i have frame and motor mounts from an older model if needed .. not sure if i need a rear sump oil pan yet .. the 302 was rear sump but there is lots of room and if need be i can raise the engine an inch or so ..gotta find a coulmn shift automatic column .. want to find a non power steering unit and non power brakes system .. want to find a non air heating system ..i`m one who the only power stuff i want is what the engine makes ..i dont think fuel and ignition systems will be much of a prob ..just revert back to old stuff ... got a busted 5.0 if anybody wants it ...
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-dscn3284.jpg  
Old 8/24/14, 05:41 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
That's gonna be fun to steer and stop with no power assist.
Old 8/24/14, 06:38 PM
legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by phiggs54
That's gonna be fun to steer and stop with no power assist.
ever heard of steering by " armstrong " .. Ha!!
Old 8/24/14, 06:47 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by HOSS429
The drugs that Lance took?
Old 8/24/14, 07:27 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,703 Posts
Hoss you should start your own build thread!
Old 8/26/14, 05:43 PM
legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Hoss you should start your own build thread!
i have sort of .. it`s here ....
the motor is sitting in place .. it`s gunna be an easy fit but i`m gunna wait to screw it down untill i get some headers to fit .. stock manifolds are out of the question .. i know i had headers on my 70 ford truck with this same motor in it but i dont remember the application to look up a part number ..there are headers for F250 and bigger stuff .. that`s where i may go ..shorty hotrod hearders are outrageous .. starting at 500 bucks .
Old 9/3/14, 03:39 PM
legacy Tms Member

never heard him called Bill shakespeare but the rest are ok ...
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-post-no-bills.jpg  
Old 9/6/14, 09:31 AM
legacy Tms Member

as i said motor is sitting in place .. headers came in yesterday ..fit perfectly ..had to change to the rear sump oil pan .. no biggy ..this motor has had that before when it was in my Tbird ..with just a minimal amount of firewall denting the motor is sitting on the stock 302 frame mounts with the stock 429 mustang motor mounts .. simply have to drill a new hole for a cross bolt .. the trans crossmember and mount fit right up .. got to drill one new hole to bolt it to the frame ..only bummer at the moment is i wont have a speedo .. unless one of you knows how to adapt the electronic speedo to the old type tranny ..have`nt tried the driveshaft yet ..but as easy as everything else has been i expect it to fit with a simple yoke change ..
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-dscn2529.jpg   random stuff-dscn2530.jpg   random stuff-dscn2531.jpg   random stuff-dscn2532.jpg  
Old 9/9/14, 07:07 PM
legacy Tms Member

looked around but could`nt find the " has anyone ever revved at you " thread .. went to pick up a pizza a bit ago and got caught at a red lite next to big bubba and his hemi dodge ram pickup ..i`m in my V6 pinto .. we leave the lite and he`s burning rubber and hitting the rev limiter and leaves me pretty good .. i dint know we were racing ..the next lite we line up again ,, this time i`m a bit more ready for him .. i leave at about 3/4 throttle and jump him about 2 car lengths .. hold it thru second gear heading towards 60 mph .. i let off the gas and finally he comes by me screaming at 8 thousand rpm .. he does`nt know he`s just been had by a 6 banger ..
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-dscn1113.jpg  

Last edited by HOSS429; 9/9/14 at 07:08 PM.
Old 9/9/14, 07:12 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

looked around but could`nt find the " has anyone ever revved at you " thread .. went to pick up a pizza a bit ago and got caught at a red lite next to big bubba and his hemi dodge ram pickup ..i`m in my V6 pinto .. we leave the lite and he`s burning rubber and hitting the rev limiter and leaves me pretty good .. i dint know we were racing ..the next lite we line up again ,, this time i`m a bit more ready for him .. i leave at about 3/4 throttle and jump him about 2 car lengths .. hold it thru second gear heading towards 60 mph .. i let off the gas and finally he comes by me screaming at 8 thousand rpm .. he does`nt know he`s just been had by a 6 banger ..
He won't admit it either!!!
Old 9/9/14, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome!!!
Old 9/10/14, 06:44 PM
legacy Tms Member

if you cant beat em .. join em ..
Old 9/10/14, 07:51 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Wow!!!
Old 9/14/14, 02:07 PM
legacy Tms Member

getting old !!! you know i love it .. a little over three months ago i quit drinking .. about the same time i quit posting on here .. i just got boring .. did`nt do anything ..never had the desire to drive the stang .. ya`ll already know the only time i drove it i was blind drunk ..a couple weeks ago i made myself take a cruise lap .. my usual lap i`ve done a hundred times over the last ten years .. about ten miles into my trip i`m looking around and am not very sure where i am .. iv`e never driven these places sober and they seemed strange to me .. another 5 miles and i start to panic .. east and west north and south mean nothing as the sun went down a few minutes ago ..it`s getting darker by the mile and i`m starting to worry .. finally i spot a road sign i`m familiar with and the next ten miles i drive with my eyes closed same as when i`m stoned drunk. .the car knows it`s way home ..well today i set myself to visit my grandfather now that i know who and where he is .. comes to be he is buried in the same cemetery as my mom and pop .. i know the way ..been there dozens of times .. i`m sober again as i set out .. i drive ten miles down the familiar path ..come to the road that the cemetery is " supposed " to be on .. drive down that road for five miles .. no cemetery in site .. run back into the main road i initially turned off of ..i know where i`m at i think .. drive another 5 miles and realize i`m ten miles past where i need to be ..i recognize a road and turn down it .. iv`e never been on that end of the road but it has to go back to where i need to be .. luckily it does .. i finally find the cemetery .. i`ve got to start drinking again .. i dont know how to act sober ...
Old 9/14/14, 02:46 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
getting old !!! you know i love it .. a little over three months ago i quit drinking .. about the same time i quit posting on here .. i just got boring .. did`nt do anything ..never had the desire to drive the stang .. ya`ll already know the only time i drove it i was blind drunk ..a couple weeks ago i made myself take a cruise lap .. my usual lap i`ve done a hundred times over the last ten years .. about ten miles into my trip i`m looking around and am not very sure where i am .. iv`e never driven these places sober and they seemed strange to me .. another 5 miles and i start to panic .. east and west north and south mean nothing as the sun went down a few minutes ago ..it`s getting darker by the mile and i`m starting to worry .. finally i spot a road sign i`m familiar with and the next ten miles i drive with my eyes closed same as when i`m stoned drunk. .the car knows it`s way home ..well today i set myself to visit my grandfather now that i know who and where he is .. comes to be he is buried in the same cemetery as my mom and pop .. i know the way ..been there dozens of times .. i`m sober again as i set out .. i drive ten miles down the familiar path ..come to the road that the cemetery is " supposed " to be on .. drive down that road for five miles .. no cemetery in site .. run back into the main road i initially turned off of ..i know where i`m at i think .. drive another 5 miles and realize i`m ten miles past where i need to be ..i recognize a road and turn down it .. iv`e never been on that end of the road but it has to go back to where i need to be .. luckily it does .. i finally find the cemetery .. i`ve got to start drinking again .. i dont know how to act sober ...

Rehab is for quitters.
Old 9/16/14, 09:06 PM
legacy Tms Member

From Huntsville Car Scene.com: http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/sh...#ixzz3DXQxQHCZ

Go Back Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > Rocket City Mustang Club .. i dont know if this will be a good link .. this is from my local car site a few years ago .. a lot of local stories from my old hot rod days as well as other members of the old ( rocket city mustang club ) from our good host samir ..
Old 9/17/14, 08:58 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

LMAO!!!
Old 9/18/14, 05:12 PM
legacy Tms Member

after the warning in the first video i saw the moonwalking bear in the second .. HA >>.. anyway .. once a month or so i drive my pinto to work .. tomorrow is that day .. it is running on fumes so i head out to put in some fuel ..at a lite i pull up next to some kind of Cadillac SUV and it has the drivers window down and some kind of little lapdog is staring at me .. i start making animal noises at it and it responds with excited yaps and yips .. i could tell it made the beasts day ..you know when an animal is happy .. after about 45 seconds of this the woman in the drivers seat gives me a what the hell look and the window rolls up ..of all the unmitigated gall .. pissed me off .. i contemplated getting out and letting the air out of a few of her tires but i had`nt had enuff to drink and the lite turned green ..

Last edited by HOSS429; 9/18/14 at 05:16 PM.
Old 9/18/14, 05:25 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
after the warning in the first video i saw the moonwalking bear in the second .. HA >>.. anyway .. once a month or so i drive my pinto to work .. tomorrow is that day .. it is running on fumes so i head out to put in some fuel ..
Well at least this didn't happen again.

Old 9/22/14, 04:47 PM
legacy Tms Member

have i ever posted a buddy of mines toys ? .. i have`nt seen him in a year or so .. he may have another project going on .. i dont know how you top a cobra and a GT40 though ...i was focused on the GT40 that day ,
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-dscn2233.jpg   random stuff-dscn2232.jpg  

Quick Reply: random stuff