Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

random stuff

Search this Thread

Old 11/12/16, 11:18 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts
bama smog ? .. we have not had a drop of rain in 7 weeks and with all this cotton picking and bush hogging going on our air is filthy ,, we even have a few out of control fires in the area .. clear visibility is about 1 mile ..
Old 11/12/16, 12:09 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by HOSS429
bama smog ? .. we have not had a drop of rain in 7 weeks and with all this cotton picking and bush hogging going on our air is filthy ,, we even have a few out of control fires in the area .. clear visibility is about 1 mile ..
But hey

Roll Tide!
Old 11/12/16, 12:19 PM
legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
But hey

Roll Tide!
i dont know miss state looks pretty good against our third string .
Old 11/14/16, 08:37 AM
legacy Tms Member

ton .
why do we use the word ton to describe how heavy something is ? i know it means 2000 lbs but why not just say " my car weighs 4000 lbs " rather than say " my weighs 2 tons " ..it confuses me when i`m watching something on TV and the say a ship weighs 450 thousand tons ..why ? why not just say it weighs 900 thousand lbs . or is 450 thousand tons more than 900 thousand lbs ? .. see why i`m confused .. iv`e got a ton of stuff i need to do today .... how much is that ?
Old 11/14/16, 10:35 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by HOSS429
ton .
why do we use the word ton to describe how heavy something is ? i know it means 2000 lbs but why not just say " my car weighs 4000 lbs " rather than say " my weighs 2 tons " ..it confuses me when i`m watching something on TV and the say a ship weighs 450 thousand tons ..why ? why not just say it weighs 900 thousand lbs . or is 450 thousand tons more than 900 thousand lbs ? .. see why i`m confused .. iv`e got a ton of stuff i need to do today .... how much is that ?
450,000 tons is 900,000,000 pounds

The one that gets me is the metric ton

Wtf is that
Old 11/14/16, 01:10 PM
legacy Tms Member

well there you have it ! if they had simply said the ship weighs 900 million lbs i would have said " man !! that`s a heavy ship !! " . But at 450 thousand tons i had no clue ..kinda the same when they measure distance in light years .. light is pretty quick !!! HA ..
Old 11/14/16, 08:21 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Gravydog316
A ton is 2,000 lbs.;
a metric ton is 1,000 kilograms, which is around 2,200 lbs.

so, 5 tons is 10,000 lbs.
& 5 metric tons is 11,000 lbs.

I teach my dad metric, & he teaches me yankee
"Stupid frogs!! I want to know how much my gas is in gallons, not **** liters!!"
"There's 3&4/5 litre to a gallon, dad...
...it's not that difficult...
Dad, how many decilitres in a quart?"
"**** FRENCH!"

this happens EVERY time my dad fills his tank.
0.89/litre today, by the way
Old 11/14/16, 08:48 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
You've heard the saying: If you're young and not a liberal, you have no heart. If you're older and are not a conservative, you have no brain. Liberalism sounds good on the surface, except there is no personal responsibility, always blame someone/something else, and tax everyone to pay to fix other's problems.
Old 11/14/16, 08:54 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by SpectreH
You've heard the saying: If you're young and not a liberal, you have no heart. If you're older and are not a conservative, you have no brain. Liberalism sounds good on the surface, except there is no personal responsibility, always blame someone/something else, and tax everyone to pay to fix other's problems.
I was thinking the same thing. Except I've always been conservative.
Old 11/15/16, 05:30 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I was thinking the same thing. Except I've always been conservative.

Same here...I was raised to be responsible for my self. I guess I've never had a heart.
Old 11/15/16, 10:38 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Taking care of yourself doesn't mean you can't go the hospital or seek help. It just means you are responsible for finding that care and having a means to pay for it or an insurance plan that does. One that you paid for (directly or as an employee benefit). The US Constitution never stated it was the governments job to provide for its citizens. In fact, it is there to limit the government's role in our lives.
Old 11/15/16, 11:03 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Ok, but that's why you pay taxes: for the government to provide for its citizens.
My taxes pay for my health care; why would I give extra to an insurance company, plus pay the bills?
In my life, i have paid a total of $10 out of my pocket for my health care, & that was to rent crutches.
After i was born, i had dual citizenship because my dad is American.
My dad always complains about how many thousands more he would have paid if i was born in the States.
Every year, i get more ashamed of America.
You are getting so screwed, but you put up with it just because you're afraid.
& when people actually tell you the truth, you go on the defensive & attack them, even when they are right.
As a half-American & a foreigner, we are ALL screwed...

I haven't attacked anyone, or called anyone names. I disagree with you. You feel you are right, I feel I am right. In the end, we hold our nose and vote for the candidate we feels stinks the least.
Old 11/15/16, 11:09 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I know you old-school southerners, & you won't change, & don't want to. & yeah, I'm making generalizations, because that's the way it is. You're too stubborn & afraid to let your government change anything.
Sure, some changes won't work, but some will.
At least you're almost an exception.
Things are going to get worse, because you refuse to let them get better. believe me.

Things will get worse, because we have reached the tipping point where the number of people relying on the government outnumber those paying taxes to the government. I have no issue helping those who truly need help. I object very much to helping those who could help themselves that simply refuse to even try. The big problem is determining who is in need and who is just lazy. There is no human alive you could decide that without bias.

There are times I wish we could find a way to fairly split into two separate countries. Let the liberals have their country and the conservatives have theirs. That would certainly be an interesting experiment.
Old 11/15/16, 11:19 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

You'll find narrow-minded people everywhere. The south does not have a monopoly on that. Of course mainstream media would have you thinking we all want to reinstate slavery and revoke women's right to vote.
Old 11/15/16, 11:45 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

It's a shame when the only somewhat unbiased journalism comes from Wikileaks and other hackers or whistle blowers. Fox News is the republican mouthpiece while CNN, ABC, CBS, MSNBC are all liberal. I will give MSNBC's Morning Joe some credit for trying to show both sides. Some so-called journalists were even proved to be helping Hillary. I don't care for Bernie Sanders policies, but I felt he was at least honest and I think he would have won if he hadn't been screwed out of the nomination.

Last edited by SpectreH; 11/16/16 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11/16/16, 09:26 AM
legacy Tms Member

i dont know if i have ever shared this .. i watch it from time to time .. helps keep me in a better prospective .. a better view on life than i sometimes fall into ...
Old 11/18/16, 04:17 PM
legacy Tms Member

i have washer and dryer these days but still from time to time i like to go to the laundry mat specially when i have more than i want to do at home ( i hate wasting water ) ,, so tonite i head off and do my wash and as i am waiting the 23 minutes required i take a short trip around the community .. as i am the local expert on all walnut trees and some other nut trees within a 10 mile radious i have also become an authority on pecan ( that`s pernounced PUH KAHN ) trees as well .. in my drive i spot a loaded pecan tree at the side of the road about a 1/4 mile from the nearest residense ..i stop in the middle of the street with flashers going and proceed to fill my pockets with pecans .. off in the distance i hear " what are you doing ?" .. after a couple of loud "POPS "i respond " PECANS "" .. i quickly jump in my car and speed away blowing the horn as i went by the house .. later down the road as i`m cracking the pecans open i find they are all rotten .. i`m thinking i need to go back by that house and demand my money back ...
Old 11/24/16, 02:35 PM
legacy Tms Member

who you`d be today ? .. one of my personal favorites from kenny chesney .. i play it nearly every week .. and i do wonder who friends long gone would be today .. i do believe jerry would be very nearly a millionaire today .. he had an amazing way to make a buck .. he was always trying to start new buisnesses .. his excavating buisness was the cause of his death ( see the backhoe and truck on his tombstone ) .. his own father was responsible .. terrible thing to live with ..i believe jerry would be driving a new corvette today .. he was a chevy guy at heart but would go to a chrysler or other GM brand from time to time .. he would never touch a ford though .. yet he did drive my r code 69 stang for me once and suggest i get a better shifter .. i dont think he would be a jAy leno type guy and own some of everything cause he never really got attached to any of the dozens of cars he owned back then but i`m sure he would have a big block 68 camaro to play with ...i wish i had pictures from back then ,,
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-dscn0631.jpg   random stuff-dscn0632.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Spiderstang (11/26/16)
Old 11/26/16, 07:33 AM
legacy Tms Member

i am becoming that old man that you hate to get behind in traffic .. i`m not in the hurry i once was .. i drive about 40 mph everywhere i go mostly because i have nowhere to go .. both hands on the wheel and leaning forwards to see better .. my fast failing eyesight will most likely get me run over .. i cant see approaching traffic in certain light situations .. my eyes are set solid and will not focus so eye glasses do not help .. actually i see better without them now..old people dont realize things are going bad for them cause they happen slowly and we adjust to some degree ..
Old 11/26/16, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to install a 99-01 hood on my 94-98 mustang. I've seen it done before, so I know it's possible, and it look pretty good. I bought an after market 99 hood, it looks great and I did some upgrades. When I went to install it, I found that somethings just didn't line up. Do any of you have any tips or tricks I can use? I really want to make this work.

Quick Reply: random stuff