Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

random stuff

Search this Thread

Old 6/13/13, 12:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm going to write a book with quotes from students in my Theatre Appreciation class. Quotes like "Women weren't allowed to vote until 1973.", "Plays are based on an actuality. They try to place an emphasize on it.", and "The Book of Mormon? What's that about?"
Old 6/15/13, 01:34 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
happy bday eddie .. my best friend .. i`ll be up to see you after a few more beers ...
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-dscn0627.jpg  
Old 6/30/13, 11:07 AM
legacy Tms Member

i have a 50`s vintage self propelled turbine blade walk behind mower that needs the rubber on the wheels ... any of you have any thoughts ? .. 8 inch id on the size ... the thing runs like new ..
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-dscn4951.jpg  
Old 6/30/13, 11:21 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by HOSS429
i have a 50`s vintage self propelled turbine blade walk behind mower that needs the rubber on the wheels ... any of you have any thoughts ? .. 8 inch id on the size ... the thing runs like new ..
Hardware stores usually have replacement wheels for garden carts, lawn mowers, bbq's, and such. Even ebay.
Old 7/11/13, 05:33 PM
legacy Tms Member

i have created a monster .. i have swapped my wheels on my pinto`s and the V6 one will now burn the crap out of the little bicycle tires that came with the 80 model and they look ok to boot ....
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-dscn1111.jpg   random stuff-dscn1113.jpg   random stuff-dscn1114.jpg  
Old 7/11/13, 05:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

i have created a monster .. i have swapped my wheels on my pinto`s and the V6 one will now burn the crap out of the little bicycle tires that came with the 80 model and they look ok to boot ....
How fast are those pintos?
Old 7/11/13, 05:57 PM
legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by shurtual86
How fast are those pintos?
not very .. the one i got rid of a few years ago mite have been pretty quick .. it was a 351 windsor .. it`s the one on the right ...
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-dscn0421.jpg  
Old 7/11/13, 08:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

not very .. the one i got rid of a few years ago mite have been pretty quick .. it was a 351 windsor .. it`s the one on the right ...
Nice, what's in your current ones?
Old 7/13/13, 10:58 AM
legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by shurtual86
Nice, what's in your current ones?
the 73 has a 4.3 V6 chevy .. the 80 has the original 4 banger and will stay that way for now ... several days ago i decided i wanted another bicycle since one of my " friends " ran off with the one i had .. i mentioned to my neighbor this notion .. but made it clear that i wanted one with the spring loaded suspension as these old bones cant take the jarring they once could ..after giving him a few days to locate me something ( he owes me some money ) i stopped by wally world last nite and got me one ... the new one on the left . when i got up this morn he came pushing over this thing on the rite ...i deducted 10 bucks for what he owes me and took it .. i`ll give it to some kid somewhere after i fix a few things on it ...the mustang is still in timeout for its` last misbehavior ...
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-fscn1448.jpg  
Old 7/13/13, 12:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Nice, I have the Magna on the right , but in green
Old 7/15/13, 02:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just thought this was hilarious and didn't know where else to post it.

random stuff-you-may-high-but-youll-never-johnny-cash-high-1.jpg

Last edited by Skylar; 7/15/13 at 02:37 PM.
Old 7/20/13, 10:23 AM
legacy Tms Member

since not much is happening in my world of late i will relate a few anecdotes from years gone by .. whilst i toiled at the savlage yard in the mid 70`s ( 1970`S) my job was that of an R&R man .. meaning when a customer bought an item and wanted it installed i would do that for 50% of labor .. we had recently stripped a 70 GSX buick stage 1 ..just like this one.. barely wrecked in the front and easily fixable by todays standards but was a gas guzzeling hulk back then .. anywho a customer wanted the 455 engine for his 225 buick .. i forget the year model .. so i installs and makes my 100 bucks .. the customer comes to get the car and does not like the way it sounds .. it`s missing he says ... no we say ... that`s the way a 455 stage one engine runs ... the customer did not like the rumpty rump of the hotrod engine ... he refused to pay .. so i had to remove the stage one cam from the motor and install a stock one so the idle would be smooth .. you know years later the car was finally junked and someone probably just pulled the stage one motor and sent it straight to the crusher ...
Attached Images  
Old 7/24/13, 07:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

since not much is happening in my world of late i will relate a few anecdotes from years gone by .. whilst i toiled at the savlage yard in the mid 70`s ( 1970`S) my job was that of an R&R man .. meaning when a customer bought an item and wanted it installed i would do that for 50% of labor .. we had recently stripped a 70 GSX buick stage 1 ..just like this one.. barely wrecked in the front and easily fixable by todays standards but was a gas guzzeling hulk back then .. anywho a customer wanted the 455 engine for his 225 buick .. i forget the year model .. so i installs and makes my 100 bucks .. the customer comes to get the car and does not like the way it sounds .. it`s missing he says ... no we say ... that`s the way a 455 stage one engine runs ... the customer did not like the rumpty rump of the hotrod engine ... he refused to pay .. so i had to remove the stage one cam from the motor and install a stock one so the idle would be smooth .. you know years later the car was finally junked and someone probably just pulled the stage one motor and sent it straight to the crusher ...
That's a decent looking Buick.
Old 7/24/13, 07:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a starlight blue 72 skylark that looks very similar to that...
Old 7/30/13, 10:13 AM
legacy Tms Member

random fact ... 69% of people find something dirty in every sentence....
Old 7/30/13, 06:32 PM
legacy Tms Member

ok ... there`s 3 obvious very wrong things with this photo .. the goofball has no eye protection ... no hearing protection ... and just as bad no gloves on ... what a D **** ,,
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-chainsaw.jpg  
Old 8/2/13, 01:40 PM
legacy Tms Member

On their wedding night, the young bride approached her new husband and asked for $20.00 for their first lovemaking encounter.

In his highly aroused state, her husband readily agreed.

This scenario was repeated each time they made love, for more than 40 years, with him thinking that it was a cute way for her to afford new clothes and other incidentals that she needed.

Arriving home around noon one day, she was surprised to find her husband in a very drunken state.

During the next few minutes, he explained that his employer was going through a process of corporate downsizing, and he had been let go.

It was unlikely that, at the age of 59, he'd be able to find another position that paid anywhere near what he'd been earning, and therefore, they were financially ruined.

Calmly, his wife handed him a bank book which showed more than forty years of steady deposits and interest totaling nearly $1 million. Then she showed him certificates of deposits issued by the bank which was worth over $2 million, and informed him that they were one of the largest depositors in the bank.

She explained that for more than three decades she had 'charged' him for sex, these holdings had multiplied and these were the results of her savings and investments.

Faced with evidence of cash and investments worth over $3 million, her husband was so astounded he could barely speak, but finally he found his voice and blurted out, 'If I'd had any idea what you were doing, I would have given you all my business!'

That's when she shot him.

You know, sometimes, men just don't know when to keep their mouths shut

Old 8/4/13, 09:02 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Better than a Flu Shot!
Miss Beatrice, the church organist, was in her eighties and had never been married.
She was admired for her sweetness and kindness to all.
One afternoon the pastor came to call on her and she showed him into her quaint
sitting room.
She invited him to have a seat while she prepared tea...
As he sat facing her old Hammond organ, the young Minister noticed a cut glass
bowl sitting on top of it.
The bowl was filled with water, and in the water floated of all things, a condom!
When she returned with tea and scones, they began to chat.
The pastor tried to stifle his curiosity about the bowl of water and its
strange floater, but soon it got the better of him and he could no longer resist.
'Miss Beatrice', he said, 'I wonder if you would tell me about this?
Pointing to the bowl.
'Oh, yes,' she replied, 'Isn't it wonderful?
I was walking through the park a few months ago and I found this little package on the
ground.
The directions said to place it on the organ, keep it wet and that it would prevent the spread of disease.
Do you know I haven't had the flu all winter
Old 8/6/13, 05:25 PM
legacy Tms Member

ardmore tennessee show this weekend .. usually 1000 or more cars on hand .. if you`re within 250 miles it`s worth the drive to attend ...they do have an admission charge ..
Old 8/7/13, 05:40 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

ardmore tennessee show this weekend .. usually 1000 or more cars on hand .. if you`re within 250 miles it`s worth the drive to attend ...they do have an admission charge ..
I would definitely go if I lived close by ( I'm about 1K miles away from Tennessee ) I've only had time to go to one car show this spring ( hasn't been warm enough to call it summer )

Quick Reply: random stuff