Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

random stuff

Search this Thread

Old 4/1/12, 09:53 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
ooooohhh !! aaaaahhhh !! .. finally after riding around for 8 years on rusty seat springs i get my buckets recoverd .. but i`m very much discouraged by the end product .. they look as though it was the fellows first time doing it ...
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-dscn4109.jpg  
Old 4/4/12, 09:20 AM
legacy Tms Member

why do people throw change down when exiting places of buisness ..every time i go to the grocery store or Mcdonalds or even wally world i pick up pennies nickles dimes and sometimes quarters up off the pavement .. it dont bother me one bit to pick it up .. not to say i`m a tightwad cause i aint .. but in most places of buisness they have some kind of coin collectors for various charities and i gladly deposit what i pick up into those boxes .. why dont the people who throw it down in the first place do the same
Old 4/4/12, 10:10 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wondered the same, but hate to assume they are mindlessly tossing coins about in the parking area.

I know I've dropped change when attempting to fish keys out of my pocket. Keys, and the wadded up receipt and a $1 bill and 48 cents in change all come gurgling up out of my pocket in my clumsy, ham-fist while the bag handles bite into my wrist on the same hand while my other hand carries the heavier bag. I'm doing that Quasimodo hunched-over fumbling manuever to extract the keys, and JUST the keys, as pennies and nickles escape my grasp and go frolicking among the wheels and undercarriages of the vehicles nearby.

But like you, I always stop and pick the change up that I, or anyone else, may have dropped. A penny saved is a penny earned, they say. I don't say that, but they do. I say, "A penny saved is a penny closer to having my car payed off."
Old 4/7/12, 12:12 PM
legacy Tms Member

eventually most ever car will become cool .. who would have figured a big old bird .. and an original 383 4 speed cuda ...
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-dscn2324.jpg   random stuff-dscn2322.jpg  
Old 4/7/12, 03:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

That's actually an LTD II. I've always liked those - haven't seen one in years.
Old 4/7/12, 03:09 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mgreene
That's actually an LTD II. I've always liked those - haven't seen one in years.
and an LTD II Sport at that...........
Old 4/7/12, 03:13 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by HOSS429
ooooohhh !! aaaaahhhh !! .. finally after riding around for 8 years on rusty seat springs i get my buckets recoverd .. but i`m very much discouraged by the end product .. they look as though it was the fellows first time doing it ...
looks like maybe that fellow did not replace the old foam in the seats?
Old 5/8/12, 02:54 PM
legacy Tms Member

getting your "bell rung " ... i know most of you have heard that saying .. i`ve heard it too but only recently come to know first hand the meaning .. yesterday i was up on a ladder ten feet in the air cutting some dead limbs from a tree .. i was hanging on to one limb as i was sawing it and couldn`t look up as the sawdust was falling on top of my haid .. i figured when it got close to cutting free i would know and stop sawing and break it the rest of the way off .. " not !! " .. it sawed clean thru and i never let up on my pull .. that limb came down with a force equal to a louisville slugger .. it bought knocked me cold .. and for about 30 seconds i heard the preverbiale ( spelling ? ) bell ringing .. it was neat ...my head still hurts today
Old 5/26/12, 01:59 PM
legacy Tms Member

driving my toyota or my Jimmy having to stop at red lites is quite the bore . seems i have to stop every few minutes .. but funny how driving my pinto or my stang having to stop at every lite is quite the different feel .. another chance to take off
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-dscn2514.jpg  
Old 6/7/12, 10:13 AM
legacy Tms Member

i sit at a chair 8 hours a day watching a band saw cut material .. in my boredom i will drop a screw driver bit onto a block of aluminum several hundred times a day to see how often it will land standing up .. on average it will stand up about once every 100 drops .. or 4 times a day .. at 400 drops a day for at minimum 225 days that iv`e been doing this this is the first time it has landed on its head ( small end ) .. i had already deduced months ago that that was an impossibility cause its` hard to even balance it that way on purpose .. but what i have concluded is that once every 90`000 drops it will land bottum up ....
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-ribets-003.jpg  

Last edited by HOSS429; 6/7/12 at 10:14 AM.
Old 6/30/12, 08:54 AM
legacy Tms Member

where is everyone ? .. 4 softball and baseball fields .. three soccer fields .. a basketball gym .. and not a kid in sight .. same thing at the new market YMCA.. i`d have killed for all that when i was a kid .. i did finally get to play a little youth sports in my late teens but not before cause my parents did`nt have 12 bucks for a years YMCA fees ... take a look at your porky pig kids sitting next to you and make them get outside and do something .. i chased an old tire with a stick for 8 hours a day when i was 10 ..it just bugs me that there`s so much to do and no one doing it ...

Attached Thumbnails random stuff-dscn2360.jpg  
Old 6/30/12, 03:40 PM
V6 Member

I took your advice and sent my kids outside for the day. They kept complaining "Oh, it's hot" and "Oh, I can't breath" and "I see granny, she's coming for me". Of course, Granny has been long gone in the grave for 10 years so I knew they were lying.

I haven't heard from them for a while. Not since the clawing and scratching sound on the front door. Some kind of werewolf game I guess. I thought I heard one of them croak out "Water", but that's the last I heard. I guess they started playing a vampire game and were using holy water on them.

Anyway, great suggestion. Perfect weather to send your kids outside. Gotta toughen them up for real life.
Old 6/30/12, 04:43 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
where is everyone ? .. 4 softball and baseball fields .. three soccer fields .. a basketball gym .. and not a kid in sight .. same thing at the new market YMCA.. i`d have killed for all that when i was a kid .. i did finally get to play a little youth sports in my late teens but not before cause my parents did`nt have 12 bucks for a years YMCA fees ... take a look at your porky pig kids sitting next to you and make them get outside and do something .. i chased an old tire with a stick for 8 hours a day when i was 10 ..it just bugs me that there`s so much to do and no one doing it ...

The real question is, what were you doing riding around to the YMCA and playgrounds looking for kids? Please tell me you didn't have a bag of candy in the car.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 6/30/12 at 04:44 PM.
Old 7/28/12, 07:19 AM
legacy Tms Member

did you order this Mgreene ? .. i`ts at lynn layton ford ...
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-stang.jpg  
Old 7/29/12, 08:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

did you order this Mgreene ? .. i`ts at lynn layton ford ...
I wish I were that wealthy! Actually, if I could afford that, I'd save a few more dollars and buy an '05-'06 Ford GT...
Old 9/3/12, 08:20 AM
legacy Tms Member

<DIR><DIR><DIR>cold winter comming

It's late fall and the Indians on a remote reservation in South Dakota

asked their new chief if the coming winter was going to be cold or mild.

Since he was a chief in a modern society, he had never been taught the

old secrets. When he looked at the sky, he couldn't tell what the winter was

going to be like.

Nevertheless, to be on the safe side, he told his tribe that the winter

was indeed going to be cold and that the members of the village should

collect firewood to be prepared.

But, being a practical leader, after several days, he got an idea. He

went to the phone booth, called the National Weather Service and asked, 'Is

the coming winter going to be cold?'

'It looks like this winter is going to be quite cold,' the meteorologist

at the weather service responded.

So the chief went back to his people and told them to collect even more

firewood in order to be prepared.

A week later, he called the National Weather Service again. 'Does it

still look like it is going to be a very cold winter?'

'Yes,' the man at National Weather Service again replied, 'it's going to

be a very cold winter.'

The chief again went back to his people and ordered them to collect every

scrap of firewood they could find.

Two weeks later, the chief called the National Weather Service again.

'Are you absolutely sure that the winter is going to be very cold?'

'Absolutely,' the man replied. 'It's looking more and more like it is

going to be one of the coldest winters we've ever seen.'

'How can you be so sure?' the chief asked.

The weatherman replied,'The Indians are collecting firewood like crazy ..
</DIR></DIR></DIR>
Old 9/15/12, 06:28 PM
legacy Tms Member

wonder why carroll never did this ? .
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-cobra-20003.jpg   random stuff-cobra-20001.jpg  
Old 9/15/12, 08:19 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
There was one at the show this year like that. Everything for under the stock hood though
Old 9/21/12, 05:22 PM
legacy Tms Member

recently i purchased a 94 S10 pickup at a good bargain .. knowing it ran hot and was getting water in the oil .. my neighbor being the goofball he is told me perhaps the head bolts were loose .. what a goof i thought .. so i begin tearing it down .. undo the intake and exhaust .. lose most of the orings for the injectors .. and mostly unsure of what i`m doing as i`m old school .. if it aint got a carb i cant fix it .. anywho i pull the valve cover and the first head bolt i get to is barely more than finger tight .. several more are also undertorqued .. aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh ... i go ahead and pull the head gasket out and it`s fine .. all i had to do was tighten a few head bolts and go .. now i`ve got something broke down that i`m not sure i can put back together..
Old 11/7/12, 06:03 PM
legacy Tms Member

Last edited by HOSS429; 11/13/12 at 06:07 PM.

Quick Reply: random stuff