Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

The Geek Out

Search this Thread

Old 2/5/15, 02:54 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Wi-Fi is still acting strange, but the battery is normal today. It's still sluggish at times, so I'm not sure what's going on with it. I think I'll still restore it and redo the upgrade tonight if I have time.

I don't know anyone else (personally) that has it yet, so I don't have anyone to compare to. And I'm certainly not gonna upgrade my gf's phone yet...like I need that headache too.
Old 2/5/15, 03:20 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
Wi-Fi is still acting strange, but the battery is normal today. It's still sluggish at times, so I'm not sure what's going on with it. I think I'll still restore it and redo the upgrade tonight if I have time.

I don't know anyone else (personally) that has it yet, so I don't have anyone to compare to. And I'm certainly not gonna upgrade my gf's phone yet...like I need that headache too.
You don't have to redo the upgrade. Your phone will stay upgraded. That's the reason for the restart. Kinda like a fresh install but with the most recent version instead of what the phone came with.
Old 2/5/15, 04:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you reset your router? I was having that issue today with my phone, all the other devices worked fine. Reset and boom, has been working fine ever since
Old 2/5/15, 04:46 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Originally Posted by denlem

You don't have to redo the upgrade. Your phone will stay upgraded. That's the reason for the restart. Kinda like a fresh install but with the most recent version instead of what the phone came with.
Oh, ok. I didn't know that. I assumed my phone's recovery partition remained the same as before the upgrade.

Originally Posted by shurtual86

Did you reset your router? I was having that issue today with my phone, all the other devices worked fine. Reset and boom, has been working fine ever since
Nah, it's not the router. It's happening everywhere. Home, work, school, etc.
Old 2/5/15, 05:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Nah, it's not the router. It's happening everywhere. Home, work, school, etc.
Yeah, that sucks, that's a Droid for y all
Old 2/8/15, 07:25 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Well the battery drain seems to have been a one day thing. The Wi-Fi issue has been fixed by turning off the "smart switch"...I remember having problems with it before the upgrade, so I disabled it. I guess the upgrade re-enabled it. But since disabling it again, I've had no problems.
Old 2/8/15, 11:50 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well the battery drain seems to have been a one day thing. The Wi-Fi issue has been fixed by turning off the "smart switch"...I remember having problems with it before the upgrade, so I disabled it. I guess the upgrade re-enabled it. But since disabling it again, I've had no problems.
Yeah, I not a fan of the smart switch
Old 2/10/15, 03:03 PM

I just got the Lollypop update for my phone. Let's see what happens...
Old 2/10/15, 03:14 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 2/10/15, 03:17 PM
Post *****

For the last several months my HP would ignore my power settings and wouldn't go to sleep from inactivity. Even tried changing settings to see if that would help. Reboot didn't work either.
Naturally I've been cursing Bill Gates that his updates screwed it up. As has happened before.
Yesterday I got a Java update and suddenly the power down settings work. So apparently it was Java this whole time.

Last edited by cdynaco; 2/10/15 at 03:18 PM.
Old 2/10/15, 03:19 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
For the last several months my HP would ignore my power settings and wouldn't go to sleep from inactivity. Even tried changing settings to see if that would help. Naturally I've been cursing Bill Gates that his updates screwed it up. As has happened before. Yesterday I got a Java update and suddenly the power down settings work. So apparently it was Java this whole time.
Java causes more problems then it's worth sometimes!
Old 2/10/15, 04:04 PM

For the last several months my HP would ignore my power settings and wouldn't go to sleep from inactivity. Even tried changing settings to see if that would help. Reboot didn't work either.
Naturally I've been cursing Bill Gates that his updates screwed it up. As has happened before.
Yesterday I got a Java update and suddenly the power down settings work. So apparently it was Java this whole time.
My computer rarely sleeps. Even when I put it down it wakes back up on it's own for no reason. I've just been shutting it off at night and before I leave for work. Frustrating, especially when i'm trying save on the electric bill!
Old 2/10/15, 04:19 PM
Post *****

My computer rarely sleeps. Even when I put it down it wakes back up on it's own for no reason. I've just been shutting it off at night and before I leave for work. Frustrating, especially when i'm trying save on the electric bill!
Yeah I manually turn it to sleep at bedtime and unplug the wireless modem. No zombie server for you china/rooskies here!
Mine started waking up in the middle of the night for awhile and I discovered a Windows maintenance was suddenly scheduled at 3am. I didn't change that setting since I've owned it.
Old 2/10/15, 04:48 PM
Just Plain Rude!

I definitely like the notifications a lot better. It seems the kinks have all been worked out, since I disabled the "smart switch" setting.

My computers stick to their power settings. I bet you can't wait to upgrade to Windows 10...
Old 2/10/15, 04:52 PM
Post *****

My computers stick to their power settings. I bet you can't wait to upgrade to Windows 10...

Will it be like XP?
Old 2/10/15, 05:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Will it be like XP?
I do like the new GUI
Old 2/10/15, 05:20 PM

Yeah I manually turn it to sleep at bedtime and unplug the wireless modem. No zombie server for you china/rooskies here!
Mine started waking up in the middle of the night for awhile and I discovered a Windows maintenance was suddenly scheduled at 3am. I didn't change that setting since I've owned it.
I can't find that maintenance setting

I definitely like the notifications a lot better. It seems the kinks have all been worked out, since I disabled the "smart switch" setting.

What is this smart switch?

I want Windows 9!
Old 2/10/15, 05:39 PM
Post *****

I can't find that maintenance setting
Control Panel/Action Center/Maintenance "Change maintenance settings". There's a check box telling the computer to wake up and run maintenance. Sneaky...
I even unchecked it to run manually and last W8 update apparently checked it again.
Old 2/10/15, 06:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

What is this smart switch?

I want Windows 9!
It's a setting in the Wifi settings for androids, which switches the phone from wifi to data connection, depending on which connection is better at the moment.
Old 2/11/15, 01:57 AM

Control Panel/Action Center/Maintenance "Change maintenance settings". There's a check box telling the computer to wake up and run maintenance. Sneaky...
I even unchecked it to run manually and last W8 update apparently checked it again.
I don't an action center in win8. I'll have to search later when I have time.

Originally Posted by shurtual86
It's a setting in the Wifi settings for androids, which switches the phone from wifi to data connection, depending on which connection is better at the moment.
No smart switch on the LG that I can find. I have a "switch to mobile data" option that switches to mobile data when wifi isn't available. It's unchecked, but mine switches between mobile and wifi automatically anyway. Seems like a useless option??

Quick Reply: The Geek Out