General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

2014 Chevrolet SS teased in Holden VF Commodore photos

Search this Thread

Old 2/12/13, 11:04 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra

Bull crap man! Americans were all about those big SUV's before it all went to hell. Gas prices damm near doubled overnight. People panicked and quit buying them for the most part. The big 3 were all geared up pushing big SUV's as much as possible. It killed the structure they were working on. The fuel economy regulations didn't really kick in till a couple years later. Big Oil caused the economy crash and the two bailouts and the government let it happen.
End of rant.

Is that what they taught you to say at the OCAW Local 4-620?

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 2/12/13 at 11:07 PM.
Old 2/12/13, 11:20 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

Is that what they taught you to say at the OCAW Local 4-620?
Nah. I was working at a GM dealer when all this went down. Are you really blaming GM and Chrysler for the crash?
Old 2/12/13, 11:22 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nah. I was working at a GM dealer when all this went down. Are you really blaming GM and Chrysler for the crash?
I am blaming them for the bad choices that lead them to take such a hard hit from the crash
Old 2/12/13, 11:22 PM
Post *****

Call me nuts but yeah. Obviously there are contributing factors but yes when the over weight fat **** dies of a heart attack I don't blame Colonel Sanders, I blame the fat ****er for not eating a carrot now and then.
Old 2/12/13, 11:30 PM

Call me nuts but yeah. Obviously there are contributing factors but yes when the over weight fat **** dies of a heart attack I don't blame Colonel Sanders, I blame the fat ****er for not eating a carrot now and then.
So you didn't have a big SUV back then. Just like you don't own one now. So the big 3 were all producing them and were in high demand. Is this why gas prices went through the roof? And still just as high even with fuel economy regulations. I could see blaming Middle East and foreign oil but not the big 3. You guys are just way too biased against a bailout to see the entire picture. Like closing the GM and Chrysler doors would have made things so much better. Geez.
Old 2/12/13, 11:32 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I do blame the middle east and our trade agreements... the big suv's and trucks did not us up more.. The price simply went up.
Old 2/12/13, 11:38 PM
Post *****

So you didn't have a big SUV back then. Just like you don't own one now. So the big 3 were all producing them and were in high demand. Is this why gas prices went through the roof? And still just as high even with fuel economy regulations. I could see blaming Middle East and foreign oil but not the big 3. You guys are just way too biased against a bailout to see the entire picture. Like closing the GM and Chrysler doors would have made things so much better. Geez.
Whoops. My bad.

I didn't build a house or sign a contract for a house for 12 months in '08-'09 and literally had nothing to do for 6 months but we didn't lose an employee or shut our doors because we had reserves and we adapted to building sheds and remodels and doing what we had to to survive.

I don't feel sorry for them. I do feel sorry for the workers who thought they had a job for life and then lost it because the board, union bosses, and government policies ran a company into the toilet with overweighted pensions, executive salaries, health care packages, and wages coerced at the point of a figurative gun barrel from a company who was kicking the debt like a can down the road much the same way that our government does this very day.

And has done for many years. Not just under this guy.

Edit: and the credit crisis. Can't forget the credit crisis. Between consumer confidence fears and the credit crisis for not only consumers and for day to day operations of large corporations its a miracle most of these businesses survived.

But no bailouts. Sorry. I don't care for Fascism. Even temporarily. Bankruptcy has a purpose. Not an Obama bankruptcy but a legitimate one.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 2/12/13 at 11:43 PM.
Old 2/12/13, 11:49 PM

Whoops. My bad.

I didn't build a house or sign a contract for a house for 12 months in '08-'09 and literally had nothing to do for 6 months but we didn't lose an employee or shut our doors because we had reserves and we adapted to building sheds and remodels and doing what we had to to survive.

I don't feel sorry for them. I do feel sorry for the workers who thought they had a job for life and then lost it because the board, union bosses, and government policies ran a company into the toilet with overweighted pensions, executive salaries, health care packages, and wages coerced at the point of a figurative gun barrel from a company who was kicking the debt like a can down the road much the same way that our government does this very day.

And has done for many years. Not just under this guy.
All these companies were doing great until oil prices went crazy and to top it off we went to war in countries that supplied us oil. Things were going great until oil and war. So GM and Chrysler took the easy way out. So did a large percentage of the population. Hell I was on a commission line when everyone quit spending money. Wasn't cool going to work every day hoping something that would pay your bills shows up. Luckily I got this union job shortly after.
I ain't hating on companies the took the easy road to keep the doors open.
Old 2/12/13, 11:50 PM

I still stand by my accusation that Obama didn't save GM and Chrysler. He let them fall right into the governments hands.
Old 2/13/13, 04:23 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still stand by my accusation that Obama didn't save GM and Chrysler. He let them fall right into the governments hands.
Um, what? They put themselves in government hands as soon as they begged for and agreed to take rather massive amounts of bailout money, which was before he was sworn in.
Old 2/13/13, 04:42 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Old 2/13/13, 07:01 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Bull crap man! Americans were all about those big SUV's before it all went to hell. Gas prices damm near doubled overnight. People panicked and quit buying them for the most part. The big 3 were all geared up pushing big SUV's as much as possible. It killed the structure they were working on. The fuel economy regulations didn't really kick in till a couple years later. Big Oil caused the economy crash and the two bailouts and the government let it happen.
End of rant.
Why didn't Toyota had financial issues then? After all, Toyota had just as many big vehicles as let say Chrysler. They had Tundra, Sequoia, Land Cruiser, 4Runner ...
It's because they paid attention to their entire lineup. Chrysler can blame whoever they want that they went down, but in the end its their own fault that they never had a competitive compact and mid-size cars and crossovers.
Old 2/13/13, 07:05 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Zastava_101
Why didn't Toyota had financial issues then? After all, Toyota had just as many big vehicles as let say Chrysler. They had Tundra, Sequoia, Land Cruiser, 4Runner ...
It's because they paid attention to their entire lineup. Chrysler can blame whoever they want that they went down, but in the end its their own fault that they never had a competitive compact and mid-size cars and crossovers.
Old 2/13/13, 07:06 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Sorry, I responded before I saw your comment above ...

Last edited by Zastava_101; 2/13/13 at 11:29 AM.
Old 2/13/13, 07:09 AM
Post *****

I like the discussion, but this thread is suppose to be about the Holden VF/Chevy SS, not about the dynamics of certain car companies and the mitigating factors surrounding their operations.
Old 2/13/13, 07:34 AM
Needs to be more Astony

I love RWD!
Old 2/13/13, 07:56 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
its ugly filler. its grey mush. its blah. its a whole lot of meh.
Old 2/13/13, 08:43 AM

I am all about 4 door v8 sedans with a 6 speed manual. If the price is right, ill definitely jump on it.
Old 2/13/13, 09:02 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

its also gross
Old 2/13/13, 11:31 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
I like the discussion, but this thread is suppose to be about the Holden VF/Chevy SS, not about the dynamics of certain car companies and the mitigating factors surrounding their operations.
Sorry again, I meant to say that I wrote that comment before (not because) I saw your comment above.

Quick Reply: 2014 Chevrolet SS teased in Holden VF Commodore photos